Braids??

1sexyvincy

De original night nurse!
I need some advice ladies....

I need to put braids in my hair for vincy mas but i've never had braids b4...what kind would you recommend? I've heard so much about the box braids w/ the wet and wavy hair. Does anyone have a pic of what they look like b/c i have no clue:O Not sure if i want cornrows. I want something that I'm able to put cute styles in when i'm ready for the fetes.

sistalocs

Box braids...

Are really nice as well as versatile. The wet and wavy hair adds a nice touch as well. I've been doing hair since I was nine yrs old. I'm 28 now.

It has been my experience that they last a long time as long as you keep them up. Sleep with it tied up in a scarf. wash & condition it atleast every three weeks. Be sure to keep your scalp oiled. try not to use "grease" or "pomade". Use light, natural oils .they leave less residue on the hair and they allow the hair follicles to breathe. for example, jojoba,rosemary, lavender or kemi oils work very well.

I hope this can be of some assistance to you. Also whoever you get to do your hair, stress the importance of them not using "too small pieces of hair in the front". what happens when your hair begins to grow at the root, the exyension begins to weigh down very heavily on those strands of hair causing them to break and split.

Good Luck on your search!!

Val3nie2debone

~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~
are you going to the africans? well DONT!!! dey does root up yuh fackin hair too damn much....i can recommend someone for you...but the wet and wavy is nice along with the box braids...they're both nice...the woman who does my hair she always pins it up in something nice...so u could either leave it down to style yourself or she can style it for your trip....right now i have the twist braids (de ting dat looks like dreads) and she does be hooking me up with some wicked styles....so pm if you want her info....

lord people would say a soliciting clients for the woman...but i dont care dem africans does pull yuh hair too damn much and her hand real light on yuh head and for me to say dat it's a lot cuz i always have headaches when i braid my hair.

1sexyvincy

De original night nurse!
Thanks alot guys for the info. it was definitely helpfull. i wasnt planning on going to the africans b/c i heard they braid really tight. I was thinking of my cousin to do it but she have a newborn at that time so i dont think she have the time. so i'm still searching.

val3nie..check your PM.

peachy

Brown Sugar
1sexyvincy said:
Thanks alot guys for the info. it was definitely helpfull. i wasnt planning on going to the africans b/c i heard they braid really tight. I was thinking of my cousin to do it but she have a newborn at that time so i dont think she have the time. so i'm still searching.

val3nie..check your PM.
you should also stay away from the micro braids, they are very difficult to come out and you can get frustrated and cut it all off.

XtasyReds

Letterist
I usually get very small (not micro) braids with human hair. Wet and wavy is cool but I prefer the straight so I can do my own thing with styling. I sometimes braid the braids so there is a nice natural wave to them.

I only let Africans braid my hair because I like how neat they are. The girl who does mine comes to my house and takes about 4 and half hours because her sister comes and helps out. My head usaully hurts for about a day but the end result is well worth it.

XtasyReds

Letterist
CHARMED77 said:
Xstasy Reds,

I see that you are also in Boston. Do you Know anyone you can recommend?
Give me until this evening. I have the number and name at home. I will PM you.