Black in Latin America on PBS

cease10

"Dominicans are in COMPLETE DENIAL of who they are...." They think their motherland is Spain.

Came across this and had to post it here. It's like they make this especially for Tiguere....:kicks:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-tvFAFUbRyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coming to PBS beginning April 19, 2011) In BLACK IN LATIN AMERICA, Professor Gates' journey discovers, behind a shared legacy of colonialism and slavery, vivid stories and people marked by African roots. He introduces viewers to the faces and voices of the descendants of the Africans in six Latin-American countries, who created these worlds. He shows the similarities and distinctions between these cultures and how the New-World manifestations are rooted in, but distinct from, their African antecedents. A quest he began 12 years ago with WONDERS OF THE AFRICAN WORLD comes full circle in BLACK IN LATIN AMERICA, an effort to discover how Africa and Europe combined to create the vibrant cultures of Latin America, with a rich legacy of thoughtful, articulate subjects whose stories are astonishingly moving and irresistibly compelling.

cease10

our "insecurities" would set a good example for the world, identifying by nationality before race.
buh wait.....did u really delete your "dem bow" thread? :kicks

You realize that you're ignorance was highly exposed eh? :kicks

cease10

nuh batty bwai, dominican to de bone as em trini say, neva met nuh dominican say he want to be anyting but dominican. you believe eryting ya hear on a cliche documentary nuh?
hey watch yoh mouth with the name calling.....

I would definitely believe what that man said in the documentary over the nonsense that you be spewing on this site.

cease10

wait, how all dat boy posts get deleted?
:rofl: this Tiguere dude is too funny.....he must've just found out that he's black and he shame :kicks

I can't believe the man really delete all he post and think people still won't see the dribble that he wrote :rofl:

Tiguere

Temporary Suspension
:rofl: this Tiguere dude is too funny.....he must've just found out that he's black and he shame :kicks

I can't believe the man really delete all he post and think people still won't see the dribble that he wrote :rofl:
dominican = white, black, indian, i eh arguin wit no batty bwai who eh neva seen a dominican in he life

cease10

and what was that about?
he was trying to say that Dominicans created the old "Dem Bow" or "Hot this year" dancehall riddims, in attempt to distinguish themselves from other West Indians.

The idiot didn't realize that those riddims were created over 20yrs ago by Jamaicans :kicks

cease10

very interesting observations from Dr. Gates here, I can't wait to see this series.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g-mgk-pUT2U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tiguere

Temporary Suspension
horrible, wutless, cliche. he be readin frum a script nuh. lookin at anudda society from an american lense and bais, dats against the basis of cultural anthropology

Last edited: