Belly Dancing??

1sexyvincy

De original night nurse!
I've heard this is a good way to tone your waist line/belly. has anyone ever tried? where did u go and was it good for you?

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
1sexyvincy said:
I've heard this is a good way to tone your waist line/belly. has anyone ever tried? where did u go and was it good for you?
I've taken in two different places...it is actually a great workout and not only for your belly and waist, for shoulders as well. I took it in lower manhattan and years ago at South Shore HS used to have this adult education classes that included various dance classes. They had a very good teacher that was a professional belly dancer...

LSK

buy the book...
ILanDFnTsY said:
I've taken in two different places...it is actually a great workout and not only for your belly and waist, for (arms and) shoulders as well. I took it in lower manhattan and years ago at South Shore HS used to have this adult education classes that included various dance classes. They had a very good teacher that was a professional belly dancer...
What she said... except I took my classes at B'way Dance Center in midtown manhattan. :eek:k:

Fiyah

ILanDFnTsY said:
I've taken in two different places...it is actually a great workout and not only for your belly and waist, for shoulders as well. I took it in lower manhattan and years ago at South Shore HS used to have this adult education classes that included various dance classes. They had a very good teacher that was a professional belly dancer...
Info like this makes me think the world of you.

A

amprincess

I would love to take a real bellydancing class but I've noticed the pros don't exactly have flat bellys or nice abs :blush: they always look like they have a pooch :blush:

zenzele1

Island Soul's PD
amprincess said:
I would love to take a real bellydancing class but I've noticed the pros don't exactly have flat bellys or nice abs :blush: they always look like they have a pooch :blush:
I actually noticed the same thing. Pilates is supposed to be really good.