Band/section reviews

iPicong

Oh lawd :kicks

Speaking of which why can't they be consistent. The goody bag was one of the things they did exceptionally and now this year they give scanty, shytty bags.
thats 1 of the reasons I decided to go with a small band next year that not giving me anything and I paying less

iPicong

Yuh going and play w/ Starlift?
allyuh doh understand d head i on dese days nah........Carnival Tuesday morning we see a crew ah people wit DEY OWN TRUCK........1 DJ....1 porta potty.......and dey truck rollin.......banner and ting set up nice on dey truck........all-inclusive......what dem big bands really doing fuh we....not a shit.....just selling a dream dat NEVER comes true.....I at d point wey I ready tuh go play wit Harts.....yes my black ass will chip wit Harts and not give a fock bout dem who skinning dey face......all dem big bands is d same shit.....so i will go somewhere with little to no expectations and not be disappointed......Starlift even

BacchanalDiva

allyuh doh understand d head i on dese days nah........Carnival Tuesday morning we see a crew ah people wit DEY OWN TRUCK........1 DJ....1 porta potty.......and dey truck rollin.......banner and ting set up nice on dey truck........all-inclusive......what dem big bands really doing fuh we....not a shit.....just selling a dream dat NEVER comes true.....I at d point wey I ready tuh go play wit Harts.....yes my black ass will chip wit Harts and not give a fock bout dem who skinning dey face......all dem big bands is d same shit.....so i will go somewhere with little to no expectations and not be disappointed......Starlift even
I hear yuh. I could more than enjoy myself w/ a crew and our one truck. Thing is that that dream you talking about has come true at times so is like how they say drug addicts does keep chasing that first high. '06 w/ IP was like no other experience I ever had. I had not complaints, everything was perfect. '07 it was serious drama w/ my costume but once on the road it was perfect again. Is hard to go from fully stocked rolling bathroom trucks w/ attendants waiting to help you w/ your backpack to one porta potty.

iPicong

I hear yuh. I could more than enjoy myself w/ a crew and our one truck. Thing is that that dream you talking about has come true at times so is like how they say drug addicts does keep chasing that first high. '06 w/ IP was like no other experience I ever had. I had not complaints, everything was perfect. '07 it was serious drama w/ my costume but once on the road it was perfect again. Is hard to go from fully stocked rolling bathroom trucks w/ attendants waiting to help you w/ your backpack to one porta potty.
ok.....so 8-12 porta potties fuh how much thousand IP masqueraders is much better?

Dougla Ting

Happily Ever After
IP booklet said lunch @ 4pm Mon and Tue.......was shocked when we hit Frederick Street and see lunch being served way b4 that.............and 2 b honest....the food wasnt fit for a dog........im being honest.......
i don't know which truck you ate from but my stew chicken and peas and rice was on point and it was hot and nice.

If they gonna do it at all they should do it right w/ blankets, shelter, bar on the ground etc like how Tribe does.
honestly i really eh need all dem taylaylay just to eat some food. i pay my money to play mas and jump up, not have a picnic. that stop was good enough for me.

disclaimer: i have absolutely NO loyalty to any band so i'm just stating my experience and not defending IP... this is only my first time playing with them and besides a few hiccups, i rhel enjoy myself and had a good experience.

Dougla Ting

Happily Ever After
dat is de absolute truth

BacchanalDiva

ok.....so 8-12 porta potties fuh how much thousand IP masqueraders is much better?
You know what I mean w/ yuh ornery self. The whole feel of the band, all the little things were done in such a way that made you feel your money was well spent. Is like when you pay money to stay in an upscale hotel and they manage to make you feel like royalty, as long as you have the budget you pay it again to relive that experience. Now say the same hotel have new management and the experience is lacking next time..that's what its been like w/ IP.

BacchanalDiva

i don't know which truck you ate from but my stew chicken and peas and rice was on point and it was hot and nice.

honestly i really eh need all dem taylaylay just to eat some food. i pay my money to play mas and jump up, not have a picnic. that stop was good enough for me.

disclaimer: i have absolutely NO loyalty to any band so i'm just stating my experience and not defending IP... this is only my first time playing with them and besides a few hiccups, i rhel enjoy myself and had a good experience.
ok now stop posting and call me.

Dark & Lovely

$ CASH MONEY PROMOTIONS$
PROS
costume pick up a breeze
food stop a breeze
COSTUME..AFRICAN LOVE BIRD..BEAUTIFUL..
SECURITY OKAY

CONS....

BAND TO BIG

Rinababy

Lewwe organize a negro crew to crash Harts in 2010!
A whole set a we stink and wutless causing confusion in Harts.....
CLASSIC!!!!!

iPicong

Lewwe organize a negro crew to crash Harts in 2010!
A whole set a we stink and wutless causing confusion in Harts.....
CLASSIC!!!!!
ah wasnt dat serious bout playing with them.......im not a fan of bands that have racist and elitist restrictions.......openly or covertly