u didnt have a clue and still dont.........u was by me like 2x in 2 different fetes :kicks
I should have said something, 'cause at dat point I was still sober (I had just gotten there)you should have said hello!
girl, you gotta play mas! be warned though... once you start, you won't be able to stop. :kicks
Dem police in Trinidad with dey rifles had me rhell bugging boy! I saw look at what Trini come to...but ah cyah lie nah...ah felt much safer with their presence there.yeah she was standing in front of me at GP but when ah was about tuh box she in she 2 ears dem police wit d atomatic weapons was passing
so why yuh din say hello yuh loon? :beee:u didnt have a clue and still dont.........u was by me like 2x in 2 different fetes :kicks
my sleep schedule has been off for days now. surprisingly, i actually took a few good midday naps in TNT. now around 12;30pm... i start dozing off. :kicksI should have said something, 'cause at dat point I was still sober (I had just gotten there)
Dais what my friend who is now a mas addict told me...so we'll see...
It's been so weird being sober during the week since I've gotten back.
i don't mind them at all.yeah dey is a necessity in fetes to maintain order
U was really in Heaven on Earth.........dey drugged yuh?this year was my first experience with IP so...
-very fast costume collection
-food was good
-bar service was on point
-nice vibes on de road
-LOVED how my section chocolate and caramel turned out
-i just had a damn ball on de road!
-every truck played machel wild antz at every judging point
-after passing the savannah, it was like security disappeared and everybody and dey muddah storm de band
-besides a handful of sections, most of IP costumes looked like...BLEH
WOW... sorry to hear about your experience. I've already come to realize that NO costume anywhere you go will look like it's worth the amount of money that you actually paid for it.Tribe Pheasant Frontline - I will actually be writing Tribe a letter but here is the cliff notes version:
- Had a blast with my friends
- Costume held up in weather
- The lunch stop on both days was sorely needed
- Food was a 85% improvement to what they have served in the years past. (Still doesn't stack up to the food served by bands in BIM but good according to Trinidad band standards)
- My costume was NOT worth $1000 USD. The costume did not look exactly like the prototype; beads missing from bra, cheap and cheesy neckpiece that fell apart after about an hour (thank God for safety pins), a great many of the feathers on headpiece and backpiece were fake so there goes the whole reason for seriously inflating the cost of my section.
- Customer service was a bag of shite. I dealt with Monique on a regular basis but the minute I had a complaint, her demeanor changed. She was short with me, she raised her voice. Instead of being honest about the costume differing from the prototype she insisted on arguing with me over the phone. In addition, Monique assured me that she would come to my friend's apartment (where I was staying) to resolve my costume issues but instead waited until Carnival Saturday to ask me to come to the mas camp. For the type of money I paid - come on now, you can come and collect the mas and do the damn alterations on site as far as I am concerned. This customer service complaint is definitely not a new phenomenen. I had several friends who were vexed about the way they were treated by Tribe committee members. While Tribe has enjoyed continued patronage from many for the last 5 years, they should remind themselves that nothing lasts forever and be reminded of the terrible tale of Poison.
- Security? Yeah right, a got damn joke. I am sorry but Tribe masqueraders pay to play with Tribe. I don't want to see not a soul without an official Tribe wristband in the band. On Carnival Tuesday, there was a woman just wukking up in the band drinking and everything, I point she out to security and the lame arse security telling me that she is the mother of a masquerader. My response was AND! Same Carnival Tuesday, someone from ugly arse IP Midnight Bloom was in the band and next to security and the blasted security did not one shite. Security was an utter flop.
- Size of the band. I thought they reduced numbers? It certainly didn't feel like that.
- Breakfast - Have more vegetarian options!!!! And when you hand me a damn cheese sandwich, tell me that it has mayonnaise on it. Food allergies are no joke and thankfully I have a big nose and have the common sense to smell anything before consuming.
All in all I was disappointed by Tribe this year. Not enough to go and risk another disaster of a year with IP but enough to consider Spice or Kaotic next year. Despite having played with Tribe since its inception as a band, I have no loyalties and am not enough of a Tribe groupie to continute to receive sub-standard treatment.
IP did a poll about lunch stop prior to carnival 07 and most of their masqueraders voted that they didn't want to do a lunch stop so that's going to be like that whether IP has a good or bad year.Did u go collect your costume on your specified day? I just asking because most of the people who complaining about costuem collection drama ever are those who went carnival friday to sunday to collect.
People need to go into IP knowing dey doh ever stop for lunch really. It sucks...but they doh have a set "we stopping here for lunch" rule like the other bands.
I think a lot of people in all bands talking bout that security thing... like dem security just looking fro free music/drinks/wine.
but IP did stop for lunch this year. it wasn't a very long stop but it was enough time to get food, eat, and use the bathroom.IP did a poll about lunch stop prior to carnival 07 and most of their masqueraders voted that they didn't want to do a lunch stop so that's going to be like that whether IP has a good or bad year.