Bachelor Degree value

G

Gladiator

How much value does your Bachelor degree worth in todays society compared to 15 years ago ?

Which leads to my next question How much of a neccessity is it to earn a Masters to be career sucessful in your career ?

S

sharkie

I believe the stat says a bach. degree earns 1 million more in a lifetime compared to a high school diploma.

Getting a master's absolutely depends on the field you're in. Many fields would rate certificates and other designations higher than that of a masters.

In actuarial science you hardly need a master's unless you want to plan on entering academia, but you still end up making 6 figures in 5 years post degree.

In psychology, you better get at least a master's or else you will be bagging groceries or working for verizon or some shit.

For my particular career, a master's is still an option for me, I take time and try to get into a top notch school for my field, that way it's more marketable, but right now, I'm gaining a ton more from managerial experience/networking. etc

G

Gladiator

I feel like a Bachelor degree does not have as much significance as 13 to 15 years ago. I think its mostly because of the competition for jobs in todays society is more competitive than before..maybe most competitive ever. Also alot more people have achieved Bachelors today compared to 15 years ago, so thats why there is more of a need for Masters from more people

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
having a B.A. come in like having a high school diploma 20 years ago. you need it just to have basic entry level jobs in a lot of field.

when I was done mine I had to decide if I liked my area of study enough to pursue an Masters b/c otherwise u couldnt do much with a B.A. in that field.

I decided nope and changed directions, so other than the requisite courses, a designation is far more important than having a Masters is in what I am doing now.

Oneshot

where de crix
How much value does your Bachelor degree worth in todays society compared to 15 years ago ?

Which leads to my next question How much of a neccessity is it to earn a Masters to be career sucessful in your career ?
an engineering degree and carry its weight if you a GPA above a 3.0

haitianprince

100 % Ayisien-0% yankee
How much value does your Bachelor degree worth in todays society compared to 15 years ago ? Which leads to my next question How much of a neccessity is it to earn a Masters to be career sucessful in your career ?
good question I have a college degree and I barely can find job in my major there be mornings I wake up and ask my self where do I see myself in twenty years from now

bluedasheen

When I finished my first degree I was still young so I worked for a year and a half then did my Masters. I chose a completely different but complementary field. I find though that more and more people are getting a Masters so the competition is tight. What I have also noticed is people with years of experience are retooling by doing an MBA/Masters and that combo of experience and advanced degree basically blowing the competition (young ones) away. IMO opinion you need to go further than a degree to even compete and of course choose a field that always need people.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
When I finished my first degree I was still young so I worked for a year and a half then did my Masters. I chose a completely different but complementary field. I find though that more and more people are getting a Masters so the competition is tight. What I have also noticed is people with years of experience are retooling by doing an MBA/Masters and that combo of experience and advanced degree basically blowing the competition (young ones) away. IMO opinion you need to go further than a degree to even compete and of course choose a field that always need people.
I totally agree. I have enough courses outside my first degree to probably apply for a Masters but since it doesnt matter (in the current field I am in) more than a designation stamp, I just leave it be. But if I was to change things up then yes, I would have to sort that part out. Having a Masters seems to be the standard in many fields even at a lower management level.

KimmyK

Waiting on my spaceship..
I totally agree. I have enough courses outside my first degree to probably apply for a Masters but since it doesnt matter (in the current field I am in) more than a designation stamp, I just leave it be. But if I was to change things up then yes, I would have to sort that part out. Having a Masters seems to be the standard in many fields even at a lower management level.
Exactly.Which is why I decided to pursue mine.In the Accounting world they say its "not needed", just become a CPA and you're set for life.For me I feel like getting my Masters is also a personal accomplishment.

Pudsteck975

The value of a bachelor's degree is very serious, you received that education that can give you a career. The main thing is to finish your studies correctly. Using even essay writing service to help himself reach the final point. This would be the right decision if you read PapersOwl review and understand how cool this site is. How many people write positive reviews about him.

Arianaaa

I have only entered one university and it's sooooo difficult to study there.... I have always thought that it would be a great time but I spend all my free time at home doing my homework :(

Oliver

Oh, I understand you right now as I'm still a student and our professors give us so many various assignments... I guess that you have the same feelings as personally I'm very tired and stressed. My friend recommended me to ask these paper writers cheap right there for some help but honestly I have never used them in my life and I'm too scared that someone will notice that this work will be written by someone else... What do you think about it? Should I trust them or not? I would like to hear your opinion.