Awards for Favourite/Most Popular International Power soca songs for 2012!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Despite the rantings of certain individuals on Imix, these are the top 6 favourite and most popular Power Soca songs for 2012 as chosen and played by John public at various Canivals around the world!

6) Fya Empress - Rum Please
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/clujLGwk4lY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5) Lavaman - Psycho
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IwmSBB7rels" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4) Skinny Fabulous - Monster
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UwCcXIiYYnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3) Bunji Garlin - Born Ready
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CSOlp7Abbi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2) Fay-Ann Lysons - Misbehave
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9vBHf58yD-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1) Machel Montano - Pump Yuh Flag (Music video)
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-iX1DuaXXf0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And in tribute here are the lyrics from the most loved, popular and played Power soca song from various Carnivals around the world for 2012, MM does it again!

Machel Montano - Pump Yuh Flag

Start the Music!
Pump up yuh hand dem!
Pump up yuh hand dem!
Pump up yuh hand dem!

Yuh flag ready, pump it up
Yuh rag ready, pump it up
Yuh hand ready, pump it up
Yuh truck ready, pump it up
The band ready, pump it up
The girls ready pump it up

Security, time to leh we go!

Leh we go, before we ready
Leh we go, we out in front
Now wave something and show me
every flag ready to pump

Pump it left, pump it right
Pump it left and right and left and right
and swing dem out of sight

Jus pump yuh flag and jump
Just pump yuh flag, pump yuh flag
pump yuh flag and jump
pump yuh flag and jump

Hype up yuhself (x3)
and hand up in the air (in de air)
In the air (in the air)
Wild up yuhself (x3) and
Wave it everywhere (everywhere)
Everywhere (everywhere)

Monday morning we bright and early
Coming out one by one
We looking to stomp the road
Until we mash up the stadium
Flags coming together
They going and fly

and swing dem out of sight and leh we

Jump jump jump jump around
Wave yuh hand and swing yuh rag around
Pump yuh flag and wave it round the song
Let meh see yuh jumping off the ground
Now let we mash it up

pump yuh flag and jump
pump yuh flag and jump

Yuh flag ready, pump it up
Yuh rag ready, pump it up
Yuh hand ready, pump it up
Yuh truck ready, pump it up
The band ready, pump it up
The girls ready pump it up
Security, time to leh we go!

Hype up yuhself (x3)
and hand up in the air (in de air)
In the air (in the air)
Wild up yuhself (x3) and
Wave it everywhere (everywhere)
Everywhere (everywhere)

Tuesday evening we feeling weary
While the sun going down
We finding new energy
From the time we hear this song
Flags pumping together
They going and fly

and swing dem out of sight and leh we

Wave yuh hand and swing yuh rag around
Pump yuh flag and wave it round the song
Let meh see yuh jumping off the ground
Now let we mash it up

pump yuh flag and jump
pump yuh flag and jump

Show meh everything, show meh, show meh
show meh everything in the air
Yuh hand ready
Show meh dat yuh flag ready
Now show meh yuh foot ready
Show meh all yuh shoes ready
Show meh that yuh drinks ready
Show meh all yuh things ready
Show meh every
Show meh every
Show meh everything up in the air

Pump yuh flag (up in the air)

pump yuh flag and jump
pump yuh flag and jump

Hype up yuhself (x3)
Wild up yuhself (x3)
Hype up yuhself (x3)
Wild up yuhself (x3)

What a great song with beautiful to the point lyrics about what we all look forward to doing on Canival day! :good:

This just goes to show that whatever song that VP hates is guaranteed to become the most popular song not just here on Imix but also across the globe so big-up to VP and please keep the hatred flowing! :drinks:

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
GARBAGE and SHIT SONG of the CENTURY, not just the YEAR, PUSH YUH FLAG.

YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

DJ Jel585

DJ JEL
BETWEEN RUM PLEASE & MONSTER,

PUMP YUH FLAG I AGREE WITH VP needs to go on the garbage..

Miss Behave is good too..., Just anything Besides PYF

RotiKing2004eva

Bunji - Artist of the Year, power song of the year is:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CokfNZe5ccs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

but that may be just me

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
BETWEEN RUM PLEASE & MONSTER,

PUMP YUH FLAG I AGREE WITH VP needs to go on the garbage..

Miss Behave is good too..., Just anything Besides PYF
Lets put aside personal bias for one minute here!
This is to do with the most played/popular power soca songs at various international carnivals around the world this year and MM's "PYF" is the clear winner closely followed by Fay-Ann's "Misbehave".

Being objective if we examine the lyrics in PYF compared with most of the other top power songs above MM's song also comes out on top. This goes to show that most power songs these days aren't saying much lyrically or storywise!

Big up to MM, hate him as much as you want he is on top in most areas of the soca game. :drinks:

dedetriniking

I agree that PYT is not a good song but just to be fair...let's put up some lyrics from some of the other power songs nah.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Bunji - Artist of the Year, power song of the year is:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CokfNZe5ccs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

but that may be just me
This is an uptempo Island Pop which is not the same as a Power Soca plus it was not played on the road at various carnivals around the world even half as much as PYF.

It's a big tune all the same, I love it too! :good:

RotiKing2004eva

This is an uptempo Island Pop which is not the same as a Power Soca plus it was not played on the road at various carnivals around the world even half as much as PYF.

It's a big tune all the same, I love it too! :good:
My post was my "favorite" not the "Most Popular".

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Boyzie Born Troublesome....Grenada,,,,,wtf,
Good power song but unfortunately it does not make the top 6 for popularity of plays at various interntional carnivals around the world for 2012.
If it can crossover into T&T Carnival next year then it may get into the top 6.
It was not played/heard as much as the other songs above in Notting Hill or Miami for example.

Colors

STEADY WUK
Northern Islands Most Popular Power Soca Song

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EfGBdUdfFWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This song is mashing up the Northern Caribbean Isles and USA....Niceness

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
WTF!!!! PYF???? Just giving these folks ammunition smfh :headbang:headbang:headbang
Unfortunately this thread is not based upon what you or I would wish for but is rather based on the reality of what was the most popular (aka the general carnival masses favourite) power soca songs on the road at various international carnivals around the world for 2012.

Based on all international canival reports, PYF was the clear winner!
Blame it on the powerful MM Marketing Machine (is that what MM stands for?) but there you have it! :drinks:

Colors

STEADY WUK
Unfortunately this thread is not based upon what you or I would wish for but is rather based on the reality of what was the most popular (aka the general carnival masses favourite) power soca songs on the road at various international carnivals around the world for 2012.

Based on all international canival reports, PYF was the clear winner!
Blame it on the powerful MM Marketing Machine (is that what MM stands for?) but there you have it! :drinks:

Just one question if it is based on reality why only songs from the southern isles focus on your post?

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
WTF!!!! PYF???? Just giving these folks ammunition smfh :headbang:headbang:headbang
He is the only FOOL on PLANET EARTH who believes that GARBAGE of a song is a BIG FAST PACE SOCA song.

WINER BOY doh really perform that GARBAGE song in his set, but this fool wants us to believe that PYF is a big chune. :kicks:kicks

You know this FOOL has no CREDIBILITY, and has no ear for what constitutes a legitimate hit, when he is TOUTING one of the most FORGETTABLE ROAD MARCH SONGS in HISTORY as a big fast pace chune.

When MANY of WINER BOY fanatical fans/supports can AGREE with VINCYPOWA, who they have claimed, wrongly so, that I HATE HIM, you know this song, as the Bajans like to say, is BARE SHITE.

YUHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEE

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Northern Islands Most Popular Power Soca Song

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EfGBdUdfFWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This song is mashing up the Northern Caribbean Isles and USA....Niceness
Nice song but wrong thread. That is not a power soca song, way too slow!
You of all people should know how fast a power soca is (like 160bps) as is you guys who lay claim to starting it.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Just one question if it is based on reality why only songs from the southern isles focus on your post?
The reality is that those were the most popular power soca songs played on the road at the various international carnivals around the world for 2012.
This reality is not based upon any bias on my part of what I would have liked to be the most popular power soca songs but rather is based on what actually occurred.

I do apologise for administering you guys with the Red pill yet again and I know I am not liked on here too much for my tendency to do exactly that.

Sorry but reality is like a b!tch or a slap in the face sometimes! :smile3:

Colors

STEADY WUK
The reality is that those were the most popular power soca songs played on the road at the various international carnivals around the world for 2012.
This reality is not based upon any bias on my part of what I would have liked to be the most popular power soca songs but rather is based on what actually occurred.

I do apologise for administering you guys with the Red pill yet again and I know I am not liked on here too much for my tendency to do exactly that.

Sorry but reality is like a b!tch or a slap in the face sometimes! :smile3:

But can I say that it might not of been the most played songs in majority of the caribbean during carnival in many islands....would I be right in giving you the Red Pill you have plenty of to take on my statement