Are you a Risk Taker?

TOLOMB

Red Man
What's the biggest personal risk you've undertaken and how has it affected your life today?

iPicong

Calculated risks..........most have worked out and others are learning experiences........you have to know when to roll em, know when to fold em and know when to walk away.......

TOLOMB

Red Man
Calculated risks..........most have worked out and others are learning experiences........you have to know when to roll em, know when to fold em and know when to walk away.......
Examples needed.....I'll use your format to illustrate.

BIG Risks that worked out or working out: Getting in debt.
I've tried to avoid owing anyone ever and for the most part has worked out well for me, but to get ahead in life I had to take on some debt to motivate me going forward.

Learning Experiences: Employing Back Folk.
I used the angle that "keeping the money in the community" would be better than sending it elsewhere. And was explicitly clear about that. Low and behold them negros got lazy and complacent and neglected my best interest. Fired they behind and will be doing scrutinizing in the future....More so if the person is BLACK.

Walkaway: Family
Sometimes you want to give them the benefit because blood should be thicker than water. But when I've put it down on paper what's most important to me, that blood bond became insignificant. Character is what mattered and family have been actors... So its best to avoid situations.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Money say this thread will be about BLACK people, instead of taking risk.

Can't wait to read the..."I went into a black owned restaurant, got a dirty spoon and vowed to never...EVVVER support another black owned business!"

:kicks.............:read:

TOLOMB

Red Man
Money say this thread will be about BLACK people, instead of taking risk.

Can't wait to read the..."I went into a black owned restaurant, got a dirty spoon and vowed to never...EVVVER support another black owned business!"

:kicks.............:read:
Care to share a big risk that you took?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i took the same risk you did.. with respect to some family members.. and i've learned that peace of mind is priceless.. it paid off with dividends to infinity...

moving to a new department- had a chat with the COO and asked to move to a different dept where i saw a niche for myself.. it meant stepping out on a limb but it paid off.. ... work satisfaction, less stress, more autonomy....

TOLOMB

Red Man
i took the same risk you did.. with respect to some family members.. and i've learned that peace of mind is priceless.. it paid off with dividends to infinity...

moving to a new department- had a chat with the COO and asked to move to a different dept where i saw a niche for myself.. it meant stepping out on a limb but it paid off.. ... work satisfaction, less stress, more autonomy....
Now that you've taken that risk how do you view life going forward?

TOLOMB

Red Man
living in horrible conditions, ill treatment by relative

now i am more thankful for what i have and it made me a stronger person
So would you say that taking the risk of relocating to foreign land with unknown family relations. Surviving the initial shock and setbacks has made you a stronger person today?
Has that reality sunk into your person thoroughly and how do you now feel about taking risks going forward?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Now that you've taken that risk how do you view life going forward?
the same way i always viewed it.. i take calculated risks after evaluating what i need, what i want, how i'm going to achieve both options with the lowest opportunity cost, and then move forward...

TOLOMB

Red Man
the same way i always viewed it.. i take calculated risks after evaluating what i need, what i want, how i'm going to achieve both options with the lowest opportunity cost, and then move forward...
Have you ever thought that only taking "calculated risks" might actually be holding you back from achieving your full potential?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
no.. because i take a risk in something that i may not normally do.. that's the whole part about taking a risk, no? so i assess the good and bad, and what i gain and lose from both doing it and not doing it..

i dont take risks for things that don't interest me...because when you take a risk, you must have follow through... i wont follow through for things that can't/don't/wont hold my interests.. so taking a risk there won't make sense....

for example... in a hypothetical dating situation .. lets say there is a Dominican (not the DR) and a Nicaraguan... never talked to anybody from either of those countries... but the dominican may hold my interests more, due to a variety of reasons.. so taking a risk with the nicaraguan to me may be less likely to happen.