Are Afro trinis/PNM similar to the racist whites/republicans

???

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2012...choice-she’s-royal-meant-uplift-african-women

Eintou outraged over Aloes’ song choice: She’s Royal meant to uplift African women
Published:
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Sascha Wilson
Text Size:

Eintou Springer speaks to reporters during yesterday’s interview after an African Liberation Day function to honour fallen African freedom fighters. The event was held in Pointe-a-Pierre. Photo: Tony Howell

Poet, playwright and storyteller Eintou Springer has expressed outrage over calypsonian Michael Osuna (Sugar Aloes) using a song dedicated to African women to serenade Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar on the People’s Partnership platform in Chaguanas on Thursday night.

Speaking at Pointe-a-Pierre on African Liberation Day yesterday at a function honouring fallen African freedom fighters, Springer said: “I must say how outraged I was last night by Michael Osuna singing Tarrus Riley’s She’s Royal dedicated to our African women, using it in a vulgar political context.

“As a black woman and mother of three daughters working with young black women everyday I think we have to protest these kinds of things,” she said. Osuna’s appearance on stage at the Thursday night’s rally stunned many including People’s National Movement (PNM) loyalists.

In an interview after the sod-turning ceremony at the Sankofa Heritage Monument site, Springer said black women were disrespected in dancehall songs all the time. “We have this one song, She’s Royal, for black women that I use all the time in my work with young black people, suddenly it is taken out of that context and taken into a political situation,” she said.

Saying black women needed a lot of encouragement and support to find their true self, she said, “This one iconic song written for them, that can be used She’s Royal. I mean I was stunned to see it taken and put into the political arena.” She said it was insulting that last year the Government did nothing official for the Year for African People.

T&T Ambassador to Caricom, Dr Edwin Carrington, in his address said activities were done, but it was not publicised in the national media. However, Springer said, “They make a whole set of organisations come waste a whole set of them in meetings. Nothing official was done. I don’t care who say what. Nothing to touch the African communities.”

Last edited:

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
To answer the TITLE of your THREAD, that would be the RACIST INDO TRINIS/UNC are SIMILAR to the RACIST WHITES/REPUBLICANS.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
I think this was the perfect song of choice, it compliments the actions of the lick buttom africans of Trinbago kissing the royal ass of KPB.

sankofaa

ok let me engage u in a discussion, what do you know about the history of PNM etc, and postings by whom?
Postings by the afro trinis of this site. The sentiment seems to be that the current party in power has implemented things that adversley affect blacks in trinidad. I dont know much about tnt politics at all personally.

Postings by the afro trinis of this site. The sentiment seems to be that the current party in power has implemented things that adversley affect blacks in trinidad. I dont know much about tnt politics at all personally.
thats why I asked OP, Is Afro Trinis/PNM similar to racist Republicans?

the status quo of the country was one way, then it starts shifting and some people are not pleases about it....not taking any sides here, just examining the situation.

all4life

Forca Barca
thats why I asked OP, Is Afro Trinis/PNM similar to racist Republicans?

the status quo of the country was one way, then it starts shifting and some people are not pleases about it....not taking any sides here, just examining the situation.
I usually stay away from these kinda threads, but here goes.....

I dont think its anything about black trinis not being happy with the changing of the status quo, its about those black trinis who voted for the PP based on the fact that they "said" they would do things differently. They now seeing the PP govt becoming possibly the most corrupted govt ever.

And about the question u asked, both parties have racists.

I usually stay away from these kinda threads, but here goes.....

I dont think its anything about black trinis not being happy with the changing of the status quo, its about those black trinis who voted for the PP based on the fact that they "said" they would do things differently. They now seeing the PP govt becoming possibly the most corrupted govt ever.

And about the question u asked, both parties have racists.
I am being devil's advocate here, because I saw some people make the comparison, so I am putting it to the test.

as much as I am disgusted with the government, there are many people who will not be satisfied based on Kamla being and Indian woman running a predominantly Indo based government.

Some people are of the view that PNM was anointed to run the country and somehow the country shifted off its axis when we have an Indian PM.

kinda similar to the racist republicans thinking that America died when Obama became PM.