Apple TV

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
Anyone ever used this, or know someone who has?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i_GUuJyyyRQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

S

Spranga

yes. i'm streaming music from my iphone to it now. good for a 2nd/bedroom tv. ps3 in living room. i'd recommend this or the roku

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
yes. i'm streaming music from my iphone to it now. good for a 2nd/bedroom tv. ps3 in living room. i'd recommend this or the roku
any tips on using it?
I see how it can be useful with an hd tv
im not seeing whats so different or unique about any other features though

S

Spranga

any tips on using it?
I see how it can be useful with an hd tv
im not seeing whats so different or unique about any other features though
ehh its prettry str8 forward. i only use it for netflix and airplay. the main thing is gettin content to ur tv. idk what u subscribe to but if ur getting one u must have something ur into. if u wanna try a bunch of stuff i'd say go roku. if netflix mainly u cant go wrong here. they all do the same thing these days but the shitty ones cause problems when they freeze, or updates make it worse etc. stay away from vizio and those cheap ones.

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
I'm interested in the roku because I'm sick of Comcast and I already had fios. I'm debating on getting internet through AT&T so I can just be done with everything. Any suggestions on which roku to get?

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
i have a roku. i got a cable to connect my macbook to my other tv but the guy at the store was like, "oh you can get apple tv." you think it's worth it to get apple tv rather than just the daggone cable to connect and watch tv? the problem i had w/ the cable though is that i'm not getting sound. so now i need to go and buy a sound cord b/c the one for my downstairs tv doesn't work on my upstairs tv. ugh

I'm interested in the roku because I'm sick of Comcast and I already had fios. I'm debating on getting internet through AT&T so I can just be done with everything. Any suggestions on which roku to get?
i have the $100 roku. i can't remember the model. the one that has HD and angry birds on it. i prob should've gotten the lower grade one though b/c i don't play angry birds. i cut my cable off in 2012 and i'm glad i did. now i just have the roku and an antenna. i'm not big into tv like that so i'm not suffering or anything. ppl talk about the craziness of the reality shows and i don't know what they're talking about (unless i go on the internet and watch an episode or two). i think there are a few reality tv shows on netflix though...maybe on hulu you can get the popular ones? idk. i like my setup though...antenna and roku

S

Spranga

i have a roku. i got a cable to connect my macbook to my other tv but the guy at the store was like, "oh you can get apple tv." you think it's worth it to get apple tv rather than just the daggone cable to connect and watch tv? the problem i had w/ the cable though is that i'm not getting sound. so now i need to go and buy a sound cord b/c the one for my downstairs tv doesn't work on my upstairs tv. ugh
If you plan on doing a lot of mac/iphone to tv. then yes apple tv is much more practical than using cords and a roku. In that case, I'd suggest selling the roku or giving it to someone you know. Although the roku has lots of nice apps, airplay+mac/iphone trumps it.

steve078

Apple Tv is a digital media player and entertainment device. I only use it for Netflix and airplay. The main problem I was getting when I try to connect it on my router, Its always showing apple tv won't connect. Give some advice to fix this problem.