All About Nailpolish

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...
I'm scared of the pointy nail business eh.

The way I accidently scratch up myself (and other ppl on occasion) having nails with points would be deadly for me...and others .lol
My nails aren't as sharp when I first got them done...but I was just as concerned for the same reasons you pointed out- especially with me doing makeup on people!! :kicks

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
My nails aren't as sharp when I first got them done...but I was just as concerned for the same reasons you pointed out- especially with me doing makeup on people!! :kicks
ha! that is dangerous yes! lol

I have super hard nails so they are deadly even without a point. Hell, if I have a snag in my nail and dont file it right away, someone including myself is losing skin guaranteed.

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...
love the yellow BL (Lioness)....the more I wear the points it grows on me- added bonus is when have I to scratch a mosquito bite!

Mrs. Chinky Campbell yuh a sample !! :kicks

LB

Anyone know which brand or brands make the metallic nail polish like this?

ETA: okay I found the urban decay line with the above. Couldnt find it when I first googled it so then I thought the package she was holding was for something other than the nail polish she is modelling. I have unconfused mysefl now :)

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
I think American Apparel has some new 'metallic' shades
Sally Hansen Chrome looks the closest to what you have above
China Glaze platinum silver another good one
Zoya Trixie
Layla mirror effect line

or just do the nail decals or minx better results wrt the finish
I suspect many of the perfect looking ones are stick on nails when i look at the nailpolish results they are not that close to what you're seeing

LB

Thanks Taj.

When I checked the Urban Decay site closer the metallic polish they have isnt like above. It has sparkles in it and has a green tinge to it. Not too crazy about that one.
So I suspect like you said it is a nail decal of some sort and the girl is just holding an Urban Decay box. The decal thing I am not really into though but since I only do my nails at Xmas and holidays I may try it out for a few weeks. lol

I'll look at the Sally Hansen on and see how close it is to the above, if not, I'll see what my nail place girl can do.

*May* do a Shellac treatment similar to the below but in brownish pinks to closer match my skin tone.

I kinda like this style in another colour other than blue

Or keep it more subtle like this

But it's Christmas and I'm on holidays next week so I can have a bit of fun for a while :grin:

LB

The gold dipped nails look like fun! I have such yellow yellow undertones that I always worry about corals (which I love) looking too stark on me. I can get the technician to do a test swatch for me to see.

I don't wear blue clothing and I find it looks really harsh on my skin for nail polish. I have a blue polish like the Julep on the end which looks fantastic in the bottle but I wasnt digging it on me. Poor bottle is just sitting on my dresser now :(

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
sounds like you have that winter paleness condition get the polish book a flight and it will all be perfect

LB

sounds like you have that winter paleness condition get the polish book a flight and it will all be perfect
Girl you done know. I fade in the winter here lol

Going away but not to some where with sun lo

LB

So the technician I go to wouldnt do the pink version of above. lol She insisted I do something brighter for the Holidays so I gave in.
i love the red and sparkles but she didnt vary the sparkles along the side of the nail bed like I wanted. That's okay. I dont hate it and I can change it in a few weeks when I'm ready.