A fella at my job got in trouble

Kiz

For saying this to the press

“We also recruit at Harvard, Yale and Princeton, but I do find the conservative element (at Duke) attractive. It’s easier for us to relate certain topics (here) than with some guy with dreadlocks and a purple tie-dyed shirt, at least when it comes to the global war on terror.”

hmmmmmmmmm

msthunderthighs

Trinikiz said:

“We also recruit at Harvard, Yale and Princeton, but I do find the conservative element (at Duke) attractive. It’s easier for us to relate certain topics (here) than with some guy with dreadlocks and a purple tie-dyed shirt, at least when it comes to the global war on terror.”

hmmmmmmmmm
OH SHYTE, that is real bold!

elq

Cleophus aka pupah lashie
Jahpikne said:
that ppl look down on ppl with locks. Think they are the enemy

reminds me of when i got pulled over on the frigging George Washington Bridge on 2 Saturdays ago.

dude told me "Well You stand out"
i smiled and said "Yeah, I KNOW that I stand out"

Last edited:

Kiz

I cant see what one had to do with the other. This guy just came out of kno where with that. He was very much out ah ordah. Those folks down in HR need EEO training

QueenBea

Mrs. Cimo 2
Trinikiz said:

hmmmmmmmmm
rightly so..ova bold!

Notorious

ThE pOsT JaCkInG aSsAsSiN
Trinikiz said:

hmmmmmmmmm

This guy should give this same speech in vanderveer projects:fyah:fyah

Jahpikne

Happiness Consultant
Trinikiz said:
I cant see what one had to do with the other. This guy just came out of kno where with that. He was very much out ah ordah. Those folks down in HR need EEO training
Like when they say all Jamaicans smoke weed

jamaica

Tek yie fram mi curry...
Jahpikne said:
Like when they say all Jamaicans smoke weed
Yuh won't believe ow di bumbohole dem a surprise when mi a tell dem seh mi naa black up. Dem saeh,

'Yuh lie?! Well yuh naa Jamaican caa all Jamaican a smoke weed'.

Eh. Mi naa entertain di foolishness. Mi aks dem seh,

'Yuh see dreads pan mi head? No? Di whole a di di place naa dread up an smoke enuh?'

Mi cyaan hangle di stupidness. Tis weh dem a see pan TV an ting.

Now, if I man did a Jamaica an see ow di people dung a Louisisna a gwaan wid di looting an ting fram Katrina, den come farrin an aks dem seh if alla di black people dem a loot, dem ago vex yu zee mi?

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
I think everyone quick to assume that there was some racial slight meant since most people associate dreadlocks with black people. I think a more nuanced reading would show that he was saying that a more conservative individual from say a Duke University...rather than some hippie dude (dreadlocks and purple tie-dye shirt).

I personally read the dreadlocks and tied dye shirt as a reference to a hippie/ultra-liberal. The position he cited stinks but I don't see what he should 'get in trouble' about...unless thery were actually discriminating against those who didn't share their views.

elq

Cleophus aka pupah lashie
Bake n Shark said:
I think everyone quick to assume that there was some racial slight meant since most people associate dreadlocks with black people. I think a more nuanced reading would show that he was saying that a more conservative individual from say a Duke University...rather than some hippie dude (dreadlocks and purple tie-dye shirt).

I personally read the dreadlocks and tied dye shirt as a reference to a hippie/ultra-liberal. The position he cited stinks but I don't see what he should 'get in trouble' about...unless thery were actually discriminating against those who didn't share their views.

not everyone
when i read it i pictured these yutes
especially at Duke

Kiz

Bake n Shark said:

well suppose this dreadlocks hippie also attended Duke. I didnt take it racialy but more that he was judging people based on their apperance.

Kiz

.........also there was this black fella dat de agency hired to be a analyst but when he started working they did not like his appearance and tried to get him fired becuz he wore a huge afro and his look was a bit shabby. Nethertheless they were unable to get him fired becuz he was the best analyst in his whole office. So we cannot sleep on people just becuz of their looks. I think that is what the Director is trying to enforce in HR.

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
Trinikiz said:
well suppose this dreadlocks hippie also attended Duke. I didnt take it racialy but more that he was judging people based on their apperance.
then it would just disprove his assumption about the type of recruits one would find at Duke...not necessarily get him in trouble. Now before somebody come up in here with limited understanding, I ent saying mankind innocent of bias or nutten like that, all I saying is that it seems to me that folks interpreting his comments as having some racial undertone. I could be wrong though...