82% Jamaicans support boycott of T&T products

trinifrombx

I
Hey, you can't genalize that Jamaicans are all hysterical about annual 4% or the last 12 or 7 that was turned back......it is far from that and an insult to hear that coming from another Black nationalist in the struggle !

Which Jamaican , as few as they are posting stating Trinidad is wrong for enforcing their immigration laws ?

Way before this, I was asking the same questions to some Trini bs here in America and on imix, you Against Americans, Republicans enforcing their immigration laws while if it was Trinidad, it is ok to send back the " unwanted" but not in the USA........funny how Trinis seek out better living opportunities in USA, UK, Canada, etc.......then turn around and have these militant views went it comes to their home land and immigrants there !

The issues of boycott came, well this current one..damn, just forgot his name, but he was pointing out the trade imbalance between Trinidad and Jamaica, google it if you don't believe me......The trade imbalance is like $7 to $1 in favor of Trinidad, meaning Jamaica is importing far more goods from Trinidad, this is basic economics , who will get hurt hurt here, it won't be Jamaica !

It will be the 1% of Rich Trinis that own these corporations and the coffer of the Trinidad Govt.

Jamaica can just say, ok, we will buy these products from Mexico, USA, or Venezuela.

You do realize they have a lot of Trinis living in Jamica also ! I don't know where you get the numbers...but let say, 50k have work permit to work in Trinidad , I don't get you...if you can expound.......what, I am certain if these JAs are there working, what, they pumping gas, or playing watchman..security guard........,labor work, etc.....meaning, they ain't getting paid.....so from an economical point of view, how will 50k JAs working in Trinidad make it worse for JA if they boycott ?

The issue that logical ppl, not just Jamaicans have is this....per :

Gary Griffith the former National Security Minister , correct his figures or if I am misquoting him.....

25k illegals in Trinidad from Guyana , 19k From Jamaica, etc.....

So why not address all illegals vs single in out the JA s.......is it that the majority of GT are Indians, hence, they are viewed as less of a problem ?

If, so, who will this come back to bite....the black Trinis living there, because their fight down against the JAs will only empower the Indians
There and increase their voting power !

These two fool fool, third World countries need to sit down and work out their differences , we all need to work together !

In all of this, I blame the Jamaica Govt for not providing ample jobs, growth opportunities for the young and who want to work......to say you going to another Caribbean island , outside of trying to escape crime, but to work for pennies or to go " freeload" off a system....to me is laughable ....I would rather keep my pride than subject myself to that b.s.

Good post, I must admit, you might be on to something here !

But it is India who had the biggest % increase to Trinidad.

Went the UNC took over, first year, there was a 233% increase from India

They didn't do the breakdown for the Caribbean and Guyana.

The article,

www.tdc.co.tt/pdf.php?pdf=2.1.3.TnTSO.MainMktsProfile.pdf

India– Stop-over Visitors to T&T

• In2014therewere3,291visitorsfromIndia.
• Thiswasadeclineofapproximately27% compared to 2013.
5,000 250%

India Stop-over Arrivals
% change y.o.y
233%
0%
0%
-27%
4,500 4,000 3,500 3,000
No. Visitors 2,500 2,000 1,500 1,000 500

- -50%

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Regards to me generalizing about Jamaicans getting hysterical I guess its a bit of an exaggeration but I was not necessarily referring to Imix but to various websites on social media and Jamaican news paper boards like the Jamaican Observer, etc.

To be honest with you I have been trying to put the accurate stats out there because one would believe that Jamaicans are being picked on when the refusal stats based upon the video interview that I posted above tells us that Jamaicans are not being discriminated against when compare with refusal percentages for other CARICOM territories.

But you are correct regards the hypocritical arguments of many Trinis regards allowing immigrants to come freely to America when compared to their views on controlling immigrants coming to T&T.

I think it was a white JA buisness man called William Mahfood who called for the boycott by Jamaicans.

Your point about the $7 to $1 trade imbalance between T&T and Jamaica is correct and needs to be addressed. I don't agree with you'll using an unrelated Immigration issue as a reason to boycott T&T goods though. Your JA politicians and business people need to do a better job at the CARICOM negotiation table for Jamaica where trade agreements with your CARICOM partners is concerned.

Yes I do realize that there are a lot of Trinis living in Jamaica but it will be interesting to get the accurate figures and especially how many are living and working in JA illegally and hence not paying taxes.

I think Gary Giffith's figures of 19k illegal Jamaicans in T&T was from 2013 and the figure has since increased to over 20K.

I estimated the figure of over 50,000 Jamaicans currently living and working in T&T from the fact that for every Jamaican who might have overstayed their time and gone illegal in T&T there are at least 1 to 2 Jamaicans who have their papers in order and are working in T&T legally. Many of these are the more professional Jamaicans who have their business organised and so have indefinite stay in T&T because of their professional status.

I agree with your point that the JA boycott will hurt the richer Trinis in T&T more than the regular working Trinis.

Regards your believe that T&T immigration is singling out Jamaicans and not the Guyanese for example, I don't think the percentage refusal stats for Guyana which is similar to Jamaica's supports your theory. However it is possible that the Guyanese being refused entry more regularly are the Afro-Guyanese but since race of individuals is not given in the stats there is no way I can confirm that.

I fully agree with last section of your post that I have quoted.

Lets hope the two governments sit down and work things out to the advantage of both countries economies as Black people in both countries are still the ones being made to suffer the most anyway we look at it.

Ok, I concur !

BTW, imo, this is how Trinidad should of handle the situation if they wanted to be fair :

Re : Gary Giffith's figures .....I am a numbers/Eco guy, I like to look at the Macro situation vs the Micro....

What he stated :

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/110000-illegals-279226092.html

" The highest number of illegal immigrants comes from Guyana—25,884; followed by Jamaica.

There are 19,500 Jamaicans living here illegally, while Venezuela has 10,574 illegal immigrants residing here. Next in line are people from St Vincent—9,606; Barbadians—7,169; Grenadians—6,947; Colombians—6,388; Chinese—4,593; Filipinos—4,437; St Lucians—4,391; Indians—3,651; Dominican Republic—2,256; Surinamese—1,944; Cubans—1,434; Nigerians—1,071; and Bangladeshis—167. "
Okay....these are the facts........:

The leading violators of Trinidad's
immigration laws relating to Caricom Members base off % of their Population are :

St. Vincent 8.78 % of their population

Grenada 6.5 % of their population

Guyana 3.23 % of their population

Barbados 2.52 % of their population

St. Lucia 2.41 of their population

Jamaica 0.718232 % of their population less than one 1% of their population

meaning, less than 1% of Jamaicans see the Grass as Greener in Trinidad to go and pump gas, baby sit, play watchman, etcc.....for pennies...in another Caribbean Island....

Yet, they, the Gov't of Trinidad didn't take the logical road to say....we have a Massive Immigation problem, vs calling out Jamaica ...... !

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
I don't have a dog in this fight. Ho<script id="gpt-impl-0.7942619116843227" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_85.js"></script>wever, I am wondering whether or not Jamaicans are advocating boycotting the US & UK considering the hundreds of Jamaican nationals who get deported from those countries annually.

SMH….Not one bit surprise at you statement….trust me on that….not one bit !

Since you so eloquently stated that “ I don’t have a dog in the fight “ …….funny you not asking Why Trinidad calling out Jamaicans or Why not just say we have an Immigration problem.

Funny, for a person who claim he is factual…funny you didn’t point out that it was a private wealthy individual in Jamaica calling for a Boycott vs the Gov’t of Jamaica…..
But hey…who the hell is paying attn. to details !

Anyway, to your statement ……Ahhhhhhhhh, Point me to where the Gov’t of Trinidad stated that we have 20k Jamaicans that are incarcerated ….where they were caught selling Drugs, in Kidnapping, Stealing, Murder, Rape, Robbing Tourist……point me to the article ?

Yes USA & UK, Canada, etc send home numerous Jamaicans for all the above reasons…Drugs, Murder……..

And I fully agree with them, send them all home !

Furthermore, Jamaica is part of Caricom….I assume you know what that means, vs trying to come to America…..

Also....very seldom, outside of an election do they actively go after illegals in America......they are the work horse of America........

Then again….like you said…..
“ I don't have a dog in this fight. “

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
Sad news for you. Looks like it will not happen

<iframe width="520" height="345" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cQ8QzR2Y-qc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sad news for me?
Your silly ploys to breath life in this defunct site is sad.

I'm only here to watch the slow painful train wreck and make sure no smallie survives.

trinifrombx

Sad news for me?
Your silly ploys to breath life in this defunct site is sad.

I'm only here to watch the slow painful train wreck and make sure no smallie survives.
Listen to this next lowlife !

If you have nothing constructive to off to the conversation or this site, why the hell you here ?

Terminate your acct now, we certainly won't miss your dumb ass!

trinifrombx

Ok, I concur !

BTW, imo, this is how Trinidad should of handle the situation if they wanted to be fair :

Re : Gary Giffith's figures .....I am a numbers/Eco guy, I like to look at the Macro situation vs the Micro....

What he stated :

Trinidad Express Newspapers: | 110,000 illegals

" The highest number of illegal immigrants comes from Guyana—25,884; followed by Jamaica.

There are 19,500 Jamaicans living here illegally, while Venezuela has 10,574 illegal immigrants residing here. Next in line are people from St Vincent—9,606; Barbadians—7,169; Grenadians—6,947; Colombians—6,388; Chinese—4,593; Filipinos—4,437; St Lucians—4,391; Indians—3,651; Dominican Republic—2,256; Surinamese—1,944; Cubans—1,434; Nigerians—1,071; and Bangladeshis—167. "
Okay....these are the facts........:

The leading violators of Trinidad's
immigration laws relating to Caricom Members base off % of their Population are :

St. Vincent 8.78 % of their population

Grenada 6.5 % of their population

Guyana 3.23 % of their population

Barbados 2.52 % of their population

St. Lucia 2.41 of their population

Jamaica 0.718232 % of their population less than one 1% of their population

meaning, less than 1% of Jamaicans see the Grass as Greener in Trinidad to go and pump gas, baby sit, play watchman, etcc.....for pennies...in another Caribbean Island....

Yet, they, the Gov't of Trinidad didn't take the logical road to say....we have a Massive Immigation problem, vs calling out Jamaica ...... !
Where is VP when you need him ?

I knew St Vincent was freeloading and leadin the pack, lol, they in Sweet T&T staling all wi ting, then go and say they are innovators !

People get real, the anti Trinidadian sentiment really started getting heavy after the Air Jamaica acquisition, I mean it was there before but there is a heavy agenda by some people in Jamaica's ruling class to sever ties with Trinidad because of the heavy presence of Trinidadian business interests. If you look at the Jamaica observer daily there is always anti Trinidadian sentiments while the Trinidad Express or other newspapers barely report on Jamaica. Jamaicans are returned or deported from all other countries, Bahamas, Cayman, US, UK, Canada etc but you have to ask yourself why the spotlight is on Trinidad. The puppets are pulling the strings and they want a specific outcome. Think people think . They are programming Jamaicans to think a certain way about Trinidad/Trinis

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Jamaican businessman who called for a boycott of Trinidad and Tobago products in his country is NOW SAYING HE WAS MISQUOTED, as T&T Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley continues his state visit in Jamaica.

https://www.facebook.com/myvtv/phot...550010530008/1220733981278269/?type=3&theater

You are a liar and constantly trying to put these two 4th World country against each other.. ...read the article what he was demanding!

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...s-stance-tt-restrictions-consumers-supportive

The joke is before you put up the article of the PM from T&T meeting with the PM from Jamaica to sort out their differences on trade, Immigration, Caricom, etc....you putting up B.S. like this !

Again.....i ask you who the joke is on ?

Two forth world country who don't even have a proper health care system in place ....Blacks at that fighting down one another....total jokers, and the other set of Jackasses on FB.......the Blacks....who is in no better position than most of the Blacks in Jamaica with their hateful comments....total jokers!

And to top it off...the other set of Jokers in UK, USA, and Canada in the ppl country to better their situation, yet fighting down another Black man in their homeland who trying to better their situation......what a bunch of hypocrites!

Trini Juan

par wid devil n lock hell
Jamaican businessman who called for a boycott of Trinidad and Tobago products in his country is NOW SAYING HE WAS MISQUOTED, as T&T Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley continues his state visit in Jamaica.

https://www.facebook.com/myvtv/phot...550010530008/1220733981278269/?type=3&theater

Big big bigger things going on in twinidad

That's how I know most of u are shit

Why u not telling us about robocap funeral and the fukkin lawlessness n anarchy going on right now in sweet twinny

Had to go to trini observer website to read
Shame

Yall serious?
Yall bklyners serious talking shit bout witeman n merica?

Shameless
No fukkin shame

I am very sure hi mixers wanna see some stories bout that
No?
Dem nuggaz doing real badman shit
Shat up finnaral n all that

Come on reporter
Please put those current stories on here also

TriniReporter

You are a liar and constantly trying to put these two 4th World country against each other.. ...read the article what he was demanding!

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...s-stance-tt-restrictions-consumers-supportive

The joke is before you put up the article of the PM from T&T meeting with the PM from Jamaica to sort out their differences on trade, Immigration, Caricom, etc....you putting up B.S. like this !

Again.....i ask you who the joke is on ?

Two forth world country who don't even have a proper health care system in place ....Blacks at that fighting down one another....total jokers, and the other set of Jackasses on FB.......the Blacks....who is in no better position than most of the Blacks in Jamaica with their hateful comments....total jokers!

And to top it off...the other set of Jokers in UK, USA, and Canada in the ppl country to better their situation, yet fighting down another Black man in their homeland who trying to better their situation......what a bunch of hypocrites!
Mahfood: I was misquoted
Wednesday, July 20 2016

PRESIDENT of the Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica Dr William Mahfood yesterday said he was misquoted and had never called for a boycott of any TT goods being sold in Jamaica. He made this clear to reporters yesterday as he added that the private sector in Jamaica have expressed a willingness to work with the TT Government to resolve and remove blockages to work and trade in the Trinidad market.

Read More: Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Mahfood: I was misquoted
Wednesday, July 20 2016

PRESIDENT of the Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica Dr William Mahfood yesterday said he was misquoted and had never called for a boycott of any TT goods being sold in Jamaica. He made this clear to reporters yesterday as he added that the private sector in Jamaica have expressed a willingness to work with the TT Government to resolve and remove blockages to work and trade in the Trinidad market.

Read More: Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :

Smh.......read what you wrote....like i said, where did he call for a Boycott?

Anyway....no need for you to look......you are no better than the rest of simpletons on both sides side who have no idea abouts the facts....Anyway, carry on with your fcukery!