6 year old suspended for sexual harassment

recess

This is crazy. This is really taking this issue way to far.

Excerpts:
A first-grader was suspended from Downey Elementary School in Brockton, Mass., after school officials said he sexually harassed a female schoolmate. The young boy is accused of touching a fellow first-grader's skin underneath the rear waistband of her pants.

…"He was crying and said, 'Mommy, why this is a big deal? What is this? I thought we were all sisters and brothers in class.'"

She says she hasn't tried to explain sexual harassment to her son because she believes he is too young to understand.
http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/print?id=1591633

elq

Cleophus aka pupah lashie
update:
transferred to another school and receives an apology after sticking he hand in de gyal panty

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/02/11/sex.harrass.ap/index.html

BROCKTON, Massachusetts (AP) -- A 6-year-old boy who was suspended after being accused of sexually harassing a classmate transferred to a new school Friday after officials apologized to his parents.

Officials at Downey Elementary School apologized at a meeting Thursday, said the boy's mother, Berthena Dorinvil.

"They said they learned a lesson, and they said they will go over the rules to change things," she said.

The boy was suspended Jan. 30 for three days after school officials said he put his fingers under a female student's waistband.

Dorinvil had called the suspension outrageous and said she couldn't even explain the accusation to her son because of his age.

Brockton schools define sexual harassment among students, in part, as "uninvited physical contact such as touching, hugging, patting or pinching."

School officials had refused to transfer the boy, so the parents enlisted the help of an educational advocate.

"I'm pleased that a resolution was arrived at mutually," Superintendent Basan N. Nembirkow.

Skilz™

recess said:
"He was crying and said, 'Mommy, why this is a big deal? What is this? I thought we were all sisters and brothers in class.'"
Sorry eh but...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LGN

recess said:
"He was crying and said, 'Mommy, why this is a big deal? What is this? I thought we were all sisters and brothers in class.'"
elq said:
update:
transferred to another school and receives an apology after sticking he hand in de gyal panty
Skilzman said:
Sorry eh but...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl:

Terryfabulous

Satisfaction Facilitator
boy what happen to the days of just accepting the fact that children just curious....it's sad when we start sticking our adult mindsets on these kids especially so young...

Lilsavage

Terryfabulous said:
boy what happen to the days of just accepting the fact that children just curious....it's sad when we start sticking our adult mindsets on these kids especially so young...
Exactly..the little boy prolly didnt know any better