10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

bktrini305

who said she should be threatened??

Making a gesture is not threatening, FOLLOWING her is, but not saying "god bless you." Its thirsty, but thirst has existed since the beginning of time. Would you like police to arrest each guy in the video that said "smile?"

btw ive had gay guys and women make comments to me, happens alot if i'm walking by myself, i could care less, bad analogy
as much as her??

Anyway.. If women should face consequences for the way their pants fit. Men should face that sort of heckling (both in quality and amount) for basketball shorts. But they don't. Because it would never be tolerated. Nor should it. And it shouldn't when it's coming from straight men either. It's not ok. Period. Nor was your statement.

bktrini305

This is important to note because I have actually heard more than one woman express that they'd be concerned if it didn't happen. To paraphrase they would worry about how attractive they were if man wasn't vying for their attention.

That brings up a point I think LOUP mentioned before. If there are women who respond positively to it then how is it ever supposed to really change.
For some fellas is all a numbers game. They will holla at every last one that pass until they get the response they want. I had a bredrin who would do that when we went to prties. He would talk to one, strike out, then holla at she fren right next to her :kicks

That's very true and a good point. It's also true that some people look for the approval of white people in many aspects of their lives. The argument that women shouldn't dress a certain way because they should be mindful of how men would perceive them is analogous to "white people are looking at you"

These people are sick.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EK2iPGy1vYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DSP

Heri
another street harrassment video

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d6aRvVTSC0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Missmayling

This is important to note because I have actually heard more than one woman express that they'd be concerned if it didn't happen. To paraphrase they would worry about how attractive they were if man wasn't vying for their attention.

That brings up a point I think LOUP mentioned before. If there are women who respond positively to it then how is it ever supposed to really change. For some fellas is all a numbers game. They will holla at every last one that pass until they get the response they want. I had a bredrin who would do that when we went to prties. He would talk to one, strike out, then holla at she fren right next to her :kicks
Men are not going to change, because its their nature to make the first move. Now if that woman in the video was walking around in the middle of the night and there were few people around, then I can see why a woman would be concern.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
I know this is a serious topic but this cracked me up...he followed her for 4 blocks.

LOL!! I would have asked why do you want to introduce your kids to a complete stranger, I could be dangerous. Then again I dont' approach women on the sidewalk, or work outside to see them on the street often.

NY/northeast seems like some type of chicken or egg scenario in regards to 'thirst'
When I lived in the midwest there wasn't alot of 'street harassment' or over aggressiveness..hell alot of guys were trying to give away their S/O until winter again. Women I know in the northwest complained about men not approaching them at all.

Street harrassment in Europe

FFW to 8:20/8:30 Stockholm Sweden. I don't know why she kept talking to them...I also noticed certain women run to Italy for this kind of attention, they also get it in Malta.
i was having the convo on Julian Long's page and one woman said that is why she loves NY because the men are aggressive and not afraid to approach women....she also said that women would start to worry whether or not they still "got it" if they didn't get attention

women who think like that worry me....not all woman are that insecure, and gauge their value with male attention....makes men think all women need male validation when that most certainly isn't true

Poca

Talking about street harassment, I was driving to go somewhere when I noticed a school girl 15-ish walking on the sidewalk. A beat up car slowed down to her level and the driver rolled down his window. He appeared to have said something to the girl because she stopped and leaned a bit as if she was listening. Shortly after she did a gesture with her arm and kept walking. The driver kept driving slowly along side her. It was obvious that she was annoyed. At this point, I had passed the car but I kept looking in my rear view mirror because I was curious to see if he would leave her alone. But he was still following her, so instead of continuing on my way, I decided to turn around and drove my car behind him and I honked him to keep moving, he was still following the girl so I decided to write down his license plate I honked him again and this time he moved further. I went alongside the girl and asked her if she knew him to which she said no. I then went and drove my car beside him, rolled down my passenger side window, he rolled down his window and I told him that, if he does not drive away and leave the girl alone I will report him to the police. I also informed him that I had written down his license plate. He shouted some obscenities at me and drove off. At this point he girl had reach my car and I asked her if she lives far to which she said no and I drove along side her until she got home.

Oneshot

where de crix
i was having the convo on Julian Long's page and one woman said that is why she loves NY because the men are aggressive and not afraid to approach women....she also said that women would start to worry whether or not they still "got it" if they didn't get attention

women who think like that worry me....not all woman are that insecure, and gauge their value with male attention....makes men think all women need male validation when that most certainly isn't true
No need for therapy, NY ladies feel appreciated everyday. Nothing like too fat, too slim, too ugly. There are young men out there doing community service ensuring that the ladies of NYC feel appreciated for their God given bodies.

De Blasio should be handing out commendation medals for the efforts of these upstanding citizens.

sharkie

Talking about street harassment, I was driving to go somewhere when I noticed a school girl 15-ish walking on the sidewalk. A beat up car slowed down to her level and the driver rolled down his window. He appeared to have said something to the girl because she stopped and leaned a bit as if she was listening. Shortly after she did a gesture with her arm and kept walking. The driver kept driving slowly along side her. It was obvious that she was annoyed. At this point, I had passed the car but I kept looking in my rear view mirror because I was curious to see if he would leave her alone. But he was still following her, so instead of continuing on my way, I decided to turn around and drove my car behind him and I honked him to keep moving, he was still following the girl so I decided to write down his license plate I honked him again and this time he moved further. I went alongside the girl and asked her if she knew him to which she said no. I then went and drove my car beside him, rolled down my passenger side window, he rolled down his window and I told him that, if he does not drive away and leave the girl alone I will report him to the police. I also informed him that I had written down his license plate. He shouted some obscenities at me and drove off. At this point he girl had reach my car and I asked her if she lives far to which she said no and I drove along side her until she got home.
That is how modern day pimps pick up their girls.

DSP

Heri

I agree, attention whores are just as annoying as men who aggressively scavenge for street food.

DSP

Heri
This sounds more like a pedophile scenario...somebody also complained to me guys don't approach women on the street in Ottawa either.

Poca

Pedophile or not it was clear that he was harassing the poor child.

This sounds more like a pedophile scenario...somebody also complained to me guys don't approach women on the street in Ottawa either.

Mayak

Imix Bad Man

damnn u aint got no life yo..lololol hahhaahahah..

the fact that ''she stop and leaned a bit as if she was listening'' tell me that she is open to being picked up. she probably wasn't attracted to the driver.. or he made a bad offer to her.