Thread: Gay men in the Caribbean

Registered User Yaanei Sacred Flower's Avatar Yaanei Sacred Flower is offline
    Credits

Question Gay men in the Caribbean

I am from St Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. I live in the "states'' now, but I have seen a rise in the amount of men who are "OPEN" about being gay on the streets. Also, alot more women are living and having sex with other women.

My questions is this. If someone in your family admitted to being gay, would you let them be around your kids? Would you still invite them and their "freind" over for holdiays and parties?

Also, do you feel society should mind their own business and let them live their lives in peace!

Cookies&Cream
    My younger brother is gay. he has not openly admitted it, but my entire family knows about it. that is not the problem i have with him though. my problem is that he is extremely promiscuous and for that reason, i wouldn't trust him around my 10yr old and 5yr old sons. he was offended last year when i informed him of this but these are my kids and i am responsible for their safety and well being, and i will do everything in my power to protect them. i do not want them to be exposed to the way he lives his life right now. there is a difference between being gay and being gay and promiscuous.

Credits
    I have a gay cousin who has been ostracized by my uncle and his immediate family because of his sexual preference.

I don't condone the lifestyle, but family is family. If that is his only fault, then I don't think it has anything to do with his capabilities as an uncle, cousin, or etc, and I would still permit him around my kids.

Incidentally I have quite a few gay male friends, and I noticed the other day a startling similarity between all of them -- they were all touched, molested or otherwise received inappropriate conduct from a "straight" male relative or friend of the family...

Credits
    The fact that the person is homosexual isn't reason enough for me to keep my children away from this person. The individual would have to have some traits that I deem to be potentially damaging to my child.

Does society have a "right" to dictate what goes on in their lives? Yes about as much as there are laws that dictate a heterosexual's lifestyle. Don't these laws also dictate what the majority deem to be morally acceptable?

Credits
    Yes, i have two gay people in my family and went we have family grathering they bring there partner along the only thing is no inappropriate touching or kissing in front of my kids.

Credits

Re: Gay men in the Caribbean

Originally posted by Yaanei Sacred Flower
    I am from St Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. I live in the "states'' now, but I have seen a rise in the amount of men who are "OPEN" about being gay on the streets. Also, alot more women are living and having sex with other women.

My questions is this. If someone in your family admitted to being gay, would you let them be around your kids? Would you still invite them and their "freind" over for holdiays and parties?

Also, do you feel society should mind their own business and let them live their lives in peace!

we live in a free country. if this is the way people choose to live there lives let them ,
    i would be very upset if someone would try to dictate how i should live my life

Credits
    I say leave them alone.
    Judjment is mine so sayeth he Lord.
    I dont condem anyone for how they want to live their lives. If I had a gay relative he only thing Id ask is that there is no PDA (public display of affection) infront of my kid.
    Just because their gay isnt reason for me to think that my child will be molested.
    Straight men rape little girls, and babies even.....every day.
    Grown men perferate litle gilrs wombs all the time.
    The cops that sodomised that Hatian guy, I think they were all married.....but they played with that guys butt anyway.....
    A gay person can have a good heart. Because they choose to be gay doesnt mean that hey are EVIL.