Thread: Bajan inventor

Credits

Bajan inventor

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:51:43 +0000

Bajan inventor shaping future
    Published on: .
    by Julia Rawlins -Bentham
    Imagine wearing spectacles that display three-dimensional (3D) imagery.
    Now, picture a projector about the size of a coffee mug, or cinemas
    without reels of film, but which have everything operating digitally.
    Next, look ahead ten years and visualise a computer with brain-like
    functions and the ability to reason.
    The genius behind these inventions is a Bajan, Professor
    Dr Cardinal Warde.
    Barbados' own "Bill Gates" started his own company, Optron Systems, in Massachusetts, United States, where he now lives.
    "My business approach is not to get into manufacturing. I am
    a researcher. I get new products, test their feasibility and sell them
    to a larger company," the professor of electrical engineering said during an interview with the SUNDAY SUN last week.
    It's no wonder his company, Radiant Images, responsible for the
    management of the liquid crystal display (LCD) in micro displays that made the 3D images possible, was bought by a Japanese company, Hoya Corporation. Warde explained that the Japanese company bought over the business he developed to add the product to the spectacles they already produced. In fact, Warde currently holds ten patents on spatial light modulators, displays, and optical information processing systems. This, however, is only one example of Warde's success in America where he is considered one of the world's leading experts on materials, devices and systems for optical information processing. Warde, 61, was in Barbados last week for a two-day conference on Information and Communication Technologies
    (ICT), hosted by the Information Society of Barbados (ISB) and held at the Sherbourne Conference Centre. But who is he really? Put simply, Warde is a Barbadian who grew up in St Christopher, Christ Church, and is driven by a love for physics. He attended the St Christopher Boys' School, Boys' Foundation School, and Harrison College. Having attained the necessary qualifications, he went on to study his heart's desire - physics - at the Stevens Institute of Technology for his bachelor's degree. His choice of subject was no different when he
    went on to Yale to get his masters and PhD qualifications.
    Today, he is a professor of electrical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), one of America's most prestigious educational institutions.
    In 2004, he captured the Companion of Honour award, one of Barbados' second highest Independence awards.
    With a glimmer in his eyes, Warde launches into a detailed explanation of his latest research project - a computer with brain-like functions. "The computer will have to be trained rather than programmed," he said, adding the machine will be able to recognise people and perform functions otherwise done by humans.
    He added that
    in another ten years, consumers would be able to purchase computers with
    accessories that can be plugged in, called neural co-processors.
    Warde said mentors throughout his life contributed greatly
    to his success.
    "I had lots of people who gave me free advice. These include other
    successful business people, people who took interest in me. I sought
    them out and built relationships,"
    he explained.
    He stressed that it is difficult for someone to go through life without
    help. (JR-B)

Credits
    In fact, Warde currently holds ten patents on spatial light modulators, displays, and optical information processing systems. This, however, is only one example of Warde's success in America where he is considered one of the world's leading experts on materials, devices and systems for optical information processing. 1z0-932 Exam Questions

Credits
    Many of us face these problems with various cables so I think that this useful article on the link right there will be quite helpful for some people here. If you have already known it, you may check other articles there as well.

Credits
    Are you talking about a framework for virtual reality helmets? Well ... Everything can be ... But while Dota2 is still more popular))) You can check upcoming dota 2 matches. Dota has become a leader among modern eSports disciplines.