Thread: 10 year old gives birth in Kenya

Credits

10 year old gives birth in Kenya

Truely sad!

YOUNGEST MOTHER IN KENYA
    SALEM VOICE MINISTRIES ^ | 27th June, 2005 | Pastor Paul Ciniraj

Posted on 06/27/2005 1:10:16 PM PDT by Paul Ciniraj

CHILD MOTHER

Ten years old Gladys Chelagat holds her baby weighing 2.8kg at Kericho District Hospital in Kenya. The former pupil of Chemamul Primary School gave birth through caeserian section.

Additional Text from the Kenya Demoracy Project:
    Predictably, most of the first gut reactions have been driven by a red hot rage as Kenyan netters around the world ask for more details about the person who impregnated that ten year old child. Just as predictably, many of the people looking for this person want to imprison, castrate or otherwise punish this individual.

This seething sea of livid collective anger is largely justified.

However, we all need to place an ice pack or two on our individual foreheads because we definitely need to COOL DOWN CONSIDERABLY.

Fulminating against the person who impregnated young Gladys is NOT GOING to help this little child deal with the traumatic experience she is undergoing at this very moment.

In my humble opinion, our IMMEDIATE focus perhaps should be identifying concrete ways of supporting Gladys Chelagat and her family, including her brand new infant.

How can we do that?

First and foremost by making sure that Gladys and her child have enough to eat and that they remain healthy.

Secondly, by counselling this child to overcome her trauma- because that is exactly what her pregnancy and child birth has been. At this point, I do not think that Gladys NEEDS any stern lectures from anyone on pre-marital sex- she is already a mother and preaching to her of the many sins she has has committed will be kinda STUPID, if you ask me.

Thirdly, I do not think this child was prepared to have a child at this tender age in her life. So she needs ADULTS who can assist her in embracing positive parenting skills- which DO NOT come naturally, by the way.

Fourthly, Gladys is still a primary school girl who must stay in school. That means that she will be a better mother for her young infant if Gladys herself is allowed to GROW UP FIRST to be a WOMAN who has an education that can enable her to live an independent and dignified life.

:http://demokrasia-kenya.blogspot.com...anize-for.html

Credits
    this is so sad!!!

Credits
    sad indeed

Credits
    Yes Its Sad But A Couple Of Years Ago A Girl From St Lucia Did The Same Thing And Was The Same Age But She Did Not Die I Wounder If There Is Goin To Be More Of This

Credits
    dang...

Credits
    it's sad but reality...it is a blessing that mother nature does not knock at every girls door at a very young age, otherwise there will be younger mothers

Lez
    Credits
    This story is truely sad but the unfortunate part is that it isn't uncommon, which is even worst, but this is all part of the last days and we all know it.

May God shower blessing on all of us!!!

With nuff Love

Lez
    Last edited by Lez; 08-03-2005 at 01:15 PM.

Credits

Unhappy

Truly sad

Credits
    These poor children...(both of them). That is just so sad...

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by bengali16
    Yes Its Sad But A Couple Of Years Ago A Girl From St Lucia Did The Same Thing And Was The Same Age But She Did Not Die I Wounder If There Is Goin To Be More Of This
    but dis gurl did not die....

Credits
    [SIZE=2]That is really sad. Looking at that picture, bought tears to my eyes. It's not those little girls fault.It's those big nasty, hard back men in Africa. In Africa the men have a belief that if they have Aids or is Hiv infected.Sleeping with a virgin can cure the sickness. I was watching a documentary, and its shows that in a certain part ot Africa, when these young girls get pregnant, they are disowned by family members.When it's time to give birth, they have no one to coach them.They don't know when to push and stop,which cause there inside to rip. Since there is no medical help, there inside gets infected and they begin to smell.There is a leak they can't control which really smells. So what they do is put all these infected girls in a village, they leak untill death.[/SIZE]

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by sexytrample022
    [SIZE=2]That is really sad. Looking at that picture, bought tears to my eyes. It's not those little girls fault.It's those big nasty, hard back men in Africa. In Africa the men have a belief that if they have Aids or is Hiv infected.Sleeping with a virgin can cure the sickness. I was watching a documentary, and its shows that in a certain part ot Africa, when these young girls get pregnant, they are disowned by family members.When it's time to give birth, they have no one to coach them.They don't know when to push and stop,which cause there inside to rip. Since there is no medical help, there inside gets infected and they begin to smell.There is a leak they can't control which really smells. So what they do is put all these infected girls in a village, they leak untill death.[/SIZE]
    they get a fistula which is a small rip in the bladder. the bladder can't hold they urine, so they jus drain 24/7 a day...no matter how much times dey bath, they will still smell of that pee and sometimes shit. the operation is very simple to fix it too...jus a stitches in the right place to close up the hole. it truly is sad, cuz some of these gurls get it and a small age...12...13...14 and de reason they get it is because dey body so undeveloped and cyah handle all dat!!

Credits
    *shakes head*
    What is the world coming to?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sexytrample022
    oh my dats terrible...geez so sad indeed

Sweetness4life Mrs. Yankee Doodle's Avatar Mrs. Yankee Doodle is offline
    Credits
    I get goosebumps...........wow!!
    Live life in concert with your values!
    Never be paralyzed!
    Don't wait for people to change! - Dr. Robert Brooks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast