Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lettuce Pray
  • 1 Post By Soca_Loving_Trini

Thread: Youtube deletes 2 billion fake views from universal, sony & rca videos

Credits

Youtube deletes 2 billion fake views from universal, sony & rca videos

Thats why youtube views never really meant much to me, cause you can always cheat the system

YouTube recently stripped three major record companies of more than 2 billion fake views on their videos.

Last week, YouTube's parent company Google retracted upwards of 2 billion views from videos published by UMG, Sony/BMG and RCA. These views are believed to be the product of "black hat" view count-building techniques, in which third-party companies inflate the total view tallies as a means to manipulate a video's popularity and its increase exposure on YouTube.

The biggest offender of the three record houses was Universal Music Group, who was stripped of over a billion views out of its total 7 billion hits. Sony/BMG and RCA were hardly spared either, with the two companies losing 850 million and 159 million views, respectively.

Yet these lost views aren't the only punitive measures that Google has taken against the three companies. All but five of UMG's published videos have been deleted from its channel, while the number of videos on Sony's channel has been pared down to three.

Google's crackdown on these black hat views has affected more than 500 different official artist channels, including channels for Chris Brown, Beyoncé, Michael Jackson and many more.

UMG is the first of the three companies to acknowledge its dip in views, and cited its shift to publishing videos on VEVO as the reason why its YouTube channel had been downsized.

YouTube Deletes 2 Billion Fake Views From Universal, Sony & RCA Videos | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX
    Socapro likes this.

Credits
    I would've never imagined.

Gladiator
    I still applaud youtube for trying to clean up

Official Winin' criminal Soca_Loving_Trini's Avatar Soca_Loving_Trini is offline
    Credits
    interesting
    Mayak likes this.
    Doh cry fuh me! When I dead bury me in the Carnival, so I will never, never miss out the bachanal.... When I gone put me down in the Savannah so I could never, never miss a next Panorama! My daddy was on a wining trip, Mammy conceive on a wining ship and when I born I come out a soca chile......

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca_Loving_Trini View Post
    interesting

yuh could wine down low with them long freakin legs...

me an u gotta talk yo..