Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: In your effort to eat healthier.....

  1. #1
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304

    In your effort to eat healthier.....

    What sort of practices have you adopted?
    What kind of foods have you picked up and or eliminated?


    As for me, I've stopped eating white bread. I'm slowly getting into whole wheat pasta. I try to eat fish at least once a week. I eat more vegetables and I'm loving oatmeal now. I'm also drinking more teas.

    I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Sometimes I don't feel like it but I am making an effort to be disciplined.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  2. #2
    Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic Rummy's Avatar Rummy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    20,352
    Credits
    1,027,691
    I don't eat rice but maybe once every other week (brown rice at that).

    No salad dressings (which actually I never liked em, so that is easy).

    I drink green tea almost every day.

    I watch my sodium intake.


    I keep breads to a minimum, and use whole grain ones (wheat if not avail).

    Oh...love oatmeal, adding flaxseed to it.

  3. #3
    Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic Rummy's Avatar Rummy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    20,352
    Credits
    1,027,691
    Oh...as far as exercise, I've started back running (about a month now). 5 mile walk/runs(usually walk 3, run2), 4 times a week. If I'm too tired, I just walk the whole 5, but I force myself to run some of it on those days.

  4. #4
    Sweeter Sauce Sweet Flo's Avatar Sweet Flo is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NEXT ... TRINI!
    Posts
    8,459
    Credits
    1,017,683
    Since October, I cut out as much sweets/sugary things as possible ... try to do a 30 min run 3 times a week, but that ain always work ... cut out white bread ... eat much less rice/pasta ... drink about 3L of water a day ... tryin not to eat after 7pm ... eat much more fruit/veg ... think that's about it ...

  5. #5
    Will work for Sushi Jinjer's Avatar Jinjer is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nohpetsville
    Posts
    11,484
    Credits
    1,526,294
    No bread

    No rice

    no white sugar

    rarely use milk unless it's skimmed

    i keep liquor to a minimum..once a week and i stick to wines

    no sweets...well mints for when i need a lil sugar or when i have aunt flow around and then all bets are off

    i drink lots of green tea..cut back on coffee

    no sodas

    i drink A LOT of water

    fruits and veggies as snacks

    5 small meals a day

    and i walk every day with ab workouts at night and aerobics twice a week

    i stop eating at 6:30

  6. #6
    Paradise! Professor Abughani's Avatar Professor Abughani is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Harmony
    Posts
    14,978
    Credits
    2,030,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    What sort of practices have you adopted?
    What kind of foods have you picked up and or eliminated?


    As for me, I've stopped eating white bread. I'm slowly getting into whole wheat pasta. I try to eat fish at least once a week. I eat more vegetables and I'm loving oatmeal now. I'm also drinking more teas.

    I try to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Sometimes I don't feel like it but I am making an effort to be disciplined.

    The most important thing to do is add serious vegetable portions and high powered workout and keep the protein intake up, eliminate large starch portions, agua, agua agua

  7. #7
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    I have a serious problem when it comes to drinking water. I buy water by the gallons and it just seem to stay in the fridge. I can't be bothered with pouring a glass. I think I'll have to buy the cases of 16 oz bottles. I think I would drink more if I got it like that since it's more convenient; I can drink straight from the bottle.

    I don't like sweets so that is not an issue for me although sometimes I have to because my blood sugar goes low and I get dizzy. I drink 2% milk and I use brown sugar in my teas.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  8. #8
    Paradise! Professor Abughani's Avatar Professor Abughani is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Harmony
    Posts
    14,978
    Credits
    2,030,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I have a serious problem when it comes to drinking water. I buy water by the gallons and it just seem to stay in the fridge. I can't be bothered with pouring a glass. I think I'll have to buy the cases of 16 oz bottles. I think I would drink more if I got it like that since it's more convenient; I can drink straight from the bottle.

    I don't like sweets so that is not an issue for me although sometimes I have to because my blood sugar goes low and I get dizzy. I drink 2% milk and I use brown sugar in my teas.
    well use some cranberry juice, I not saying it replaces it but use some if u don't drink enough water then

  9. #9
    Southern Belle mz_JazE's Avatar mz_JazE is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    East of the Anacostia River, MD
    Posts
    15,853
    Credits
    515,125,541
    I'm cutting down on my sugar intake (Splenda, Sugar-free if possible)
    I try to walk as much as I can
    Increasing my water intake
    trying not to eat after 8
    increasing my sleep intake
    eating breakfast in the morning (pb &j on wheat bread, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, or egg white burrito)
    taking a mutli-vitamin
    lactose intolerant so soy milk is my friend

  10. #10
    .
    L O S T .'s Avatar . is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    .|.
    Posts
    38,030
    Credits
    1,088,961
    I have a supliment shake in the morning with a banana

    I eat once a day(lunch)

    in adition


    I dont eat
    cows milk
    meat(other than seafood)
    rice
    much cooked food
    bread
    pasta
    ice cream
    many artificial foods


    I DO eat
    soy
    sushi
    grains
    nuts
    cereals
    raw foods

    cooked food
    beans
    veggies
    fruits

    Dont
    Drink alcohol
    artificial juice
    fructose corn syrup...

    mostly
    drink
    water
    orange cranberry grape and apple juice


    thank you rastafarians
    Last edited by .; 03-22-2007 at 11:22 AM.

  11. #11
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Fugitive View Post
    well use some cranberry juice, I not saying it replaces it but use some if u don't drink enough water then
    nah ..I don't like that juice and when I'm thirsty only water can quench my thirst.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

  12. #12
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!! Deacon's Avatar Deacon is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The true north, strong and free
    Posts
    3,185
    Credits
    1,072,899
    For all of you who say that you don't eat rice anymore, have you considered trying different kinds of rice? I look at oriental people and rarely do you see a large one, yet they eat plenty rice.
    ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!

  13. #13
    Closet Exhibitionist Dancer's Avatar Dancer is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    5,507
    Credits
    35,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    I have a serious problem when it comes to drinking water. I buy water by the gallons and it just seem to stay in the fridge. I can't be bothered with pouring a glass. I think I'll have to buy the cases of 16 oz bottles. I think I would drink more if I got it like that since it's more convenient; I can drink straight from the bottle.

    I don't like sweets so that is not an issue for me although sometimes I have to because my blood sugar goes low and I get dizzy. I drink 2% milk and I use brown sugar in my teas.
    It is more convenient to get the case of 16OZ bottles of water. You will find yourself drinking more and it will become a part of your everyday routine to grab a bottle on your way out everyday...

  14. #14
    Will work for Sushi Jinjer's Avatar Jinjer is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nohpetsville
    Posts
    11,484
    Credits
    1,526,294
    Quote Originally Posted by mz_JazE View Post
    I'm cutting down on my sugar intake (Splenda, Sugar-free if possible)
    I try to walk as much as I can
    Increasing my water intake
    trying not to eat after 8
    increasing my sleep intake
    eating breakfast in the morning (pb &j on wheat bread, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, or egg white burrito)
    taking a mutli-vitamin
    lactose intolerant so soy milk is my friend
    most sweetners contain aspartame...better to use brown or pure cane sugar...aspartame will fcuk u up

  15. #15
    Will work for Sushi Jinjer's Avatar Jinjer is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nohpetsville
    Posts
    11,484
    Credits
    1,526,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    For all of you who say that you don't eat rice anymore, have you considered trying different kinds of rice? I look at oriental people and rarely do you see a large one, yet they eat plenty rice.
    brown rice occassionally...but apart from that i don't miss it

    my lunch consists of lots of steamed or grilled veggies with salad and some form of protein...grilled or baked

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •