Thread: Are you For or Against

Kiz
    Credits

Are you For or Against

Unions? I dont kno too too much about it but they seem to look out for the employees IMO

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    Unions? I dont kno too too much about it but they seem to look out for the employees IMO

it depends on the unions and thier representatives. some will look out for you and your job and some are just interested in getting your money.

Credits
    I'm for as long as its a good union and they actually work for the reps. most of them are on point but there are a couple that as long as they get their dues, they don't give a rats ass about you

Kiz
    Credits
    See I learned sumptin new. I ent even kno you had to pay dues

Credits
    once u are working a union job, u have no choice but to. I think most of the time the dues are deducted out of yuh check

managers (anyone with hiring or firing abilities basically) arent allowed with the union though, i think with some companies they have their own union ( not sure though, i coulda sworn i hear about one somewhere)

chrza
    nowadays, it depends. Unions can be as big business as corporations. And in some cases Unions have a negative impact on the company as a whole. But, on the other hand, they help to raise the value of labour, and make it standard in a lot of places to have benefits, job security, etc...

Historically, we can thank Unions for all the worker's rights we have today, as well as most safety standards. So, it's hard to say whether you're for or against them in a broad sense.

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chrza
    nowadays, it depends. Unions can be as big business as corporations. And in some cases Unions have a negative impact on the company as a whole. But, on the other hand, they help to raise the value of labour, and make it standard in a lot of places to have benefits, job security, etc...

Historically, we can thank Unions for all the worker's rights we have today, as well as most safety standards. So, it's hard to say whether you're for or against them in a broad sense.

so if yuh want job security joining ah union may be one of the ways to go?

chrza
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    so if yuh want job security joining ah union may be one of the ways to go?
    These days, where a lot of employers hire contract/temp workers and have a high turnover rate of employees to save on labour costs, it's your best bet. As far I know, Unions usually establish a policy where employers have to go through a lengthy process before they can fire an employee (ie, many warnings). That's usually the downfall of Unions at the same time, because the workers care less about their performance cause they can get away with it. That's at least one of the stereotypes of Unions. I've seen it to be true in many cases, personally.

Credits
    While allyuh debating about the Pros and Cons of Unions:

The POLICE in every big American City make sure that they belong to a Union...........as a matter of fact they dont call it a Union they call it an Association or a Fraternal Order etc....

That is who you see stepping forward making the most noise on their behalf whenever a Death Squad Pig make a questionable execution.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chrza
    As far I know, Unions usually establish a policy where employers have to go through a lengthy process before they can fire an employee (ie, many warnings). That's usually the downfall of Unions at the same time, because the workers care less about their performance cause they can get away with it. That's at least one of the stereotypes of Unions. I've seen it to be true in many cases, personally.

dis is so true... especially wid UPS I know a supervisor da work dey tol me all da ins an outs on how slack dey Union is...