Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80

Thread: Yo, Question 4 De Yardies

  1. #1
    Banned bouyon king is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    deya pon de gullyside
    Posts
    0
    Credits
    1,026,635

    Yo, Question 4 De Yardies

    while we pon de ######################## ting. i know jamaica have nuff žndo-west indians 2, is de word ######################## in ja such a big deal as de trinis make it? every yardie i talk 2 have no problem wit de word, and dey say dey use de word ######################## in ja freely as well.

  2. #2
    Registered User skeng's Avatar skeng is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Islands
    Posts
    4,607
    Credits
    1,141,102
    Quote Originally Posted by bouyon king View Post
    while we pon de ######################## ting. i know jamaica have nuff žndo-west indians 2, is de word ######################## in ja as such a big deal as de trinis make it. every yardie i talk 2 have no problem wit de word, and dey say dey use de word ######################## i ja freely as well.
    Not right now...but historically it was...right now the road is used for anybody who has curly hair.

  3. #3
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340
    Quote Originally Posted by skeng View Post
    Not right now...but historically it was...right now the road is used for anybody who has curly hair.
    lol ... wah deh pon yuh mind king. Yuh a touch di road tonight? Quad?

  4. #4
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    Quote Originally Posted by skeng View Post
    Not right now...but historically it was...right now the road is used for anybody who has curly hair.
    Nuff Jamaicans told me that I look ######################## growing up. Just because my hair different.

  5. #5
    Registered User Fiyah's Avatar Fiyah is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    29,059
    Credits
    35,340
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Nuff Jamaicans told me that I look ######################## growing up. Just because my hair different.
    All it takes is the hair in Jamaica. I am shadow black and dem will stll call me ######################## in Jamaica.

  6. #6
    Registered User skeng's Avatar skeng is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Islands
    Posts
    4,607
    Credits
    1,141,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    lol ... wah deh pon yuh mind king. Yuh a touch di road tonight? Quad?

    lmao...I was reasoning with my brejrin on facebook in another window..telling him I dont feel fi touch the road tonight.

  7. #7
    Registered User iPicong's Avatar iPicong is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    JC/Brazil 2014
    Posts
    51,424
    Credits
    44,178,436
    yuh want to stop now or yuh go continue
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio



    LR Advertising LLC

  8. #8
    UNBREAKABLE vincyempress's Avatar vincyempress is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    ovah so
    Posts
    13,515
    Credits
    1,036,871
    Quote Originally Posted by skeng View Post
    Not right now...but historically it was...right now the road is used for anybody who has curly hair.
    dais de same thing i know it reference to..if yuh ha "nice" hair yuh ha "######################## hair" no rascist implication at all....ah guess ppl does come merica and get sensative...*shrugs*
    Made In Vincy
    ~As humans we are equal but when it comes to standards and morals and ethics, they set us apart~
    Adidja me love yo, cake soap and all..."all of ah sudden me fall in love wid u"

  9. #9
    Registered User heyman's Avatar heyman is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    140
    Credits
    1,513,733
    while we at it how about the word chin. most yardies i know call chinese people they come across Mr/Ms chin. I don't know how the chinese here feel about it, how about the ones in JA

  10. #10
    Banned bouyon king is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    deya pon de gullyside
    Posts
    0
    Credits
    1,026,635
    lool,

  11. #11
    Boonoonoonoos jamaicangirl's Avatar jamaicangirl is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,827
    Credits
    11,633,899
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman View Post
    while we at it how about the word chin. most yardies i know call chinese people they come across Mr/Ms chin. I don't know how the chinese here feel about it, how about the ones in JA
    That is very stupid but true.

    As far as "########################" goes. I think of it the Jamaican word for "Indian"- never even realized that anyone in the world found it offensive until I heard someone deliberately use the word "Indian" to carefully describe her cousin. For some reason, the way she said it made me realize that she was trying not to say "########################".

  12. #12
    Banned bouyon king is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    deya pon de gullyside
    Posts
    0
    Credits
    1,026,635
    so y de trinis mek a bigger deal den dis den de yardies

  13. #13
    Registered User trinitystar's Avatar trinitystar is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    boston via maryland
    Posts
    166
    Credits
    1,008,578
    An unskilled Asian worker, usually of Chinese or Indian descent; a labourer; a porter. ########################s were frequently transported to other countries in the 19th and early 20th centuries as indentured labourers; In Trinidad, West Indies, Guyana, and parts of Africa slang for a person of Indian descent. ...en.wiktionary.org/wiki/########################

    (ethnic slur) an offensive name for an unskilled Asian laborer
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

    Definitions. The reason why we trinis make it a big deal was when Dr Eric Williams found the the word ######################## and #################### was used to keep both races segregated and offensive. Some islanders may not know the meaning of it or care to know. As the word Ching...we trini's dont use the word. I realize when I explianed to a girlfriend I don't use ########################... she understood...not to be a hyprocrite, I use the "####################". Not to say its right, but I use it as a description of a mentality versus race...when I go back Trini I dear not use any racial slangs.

  14. #14
    Registered User YardiePrincess's Avatar YardiePrincess is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    ..
    Posts
    6,271
    Credits
    1,523,305
    Quote Originally Posted by bouyon king View Post
    so y de trinis mek a bigger deal den dis den de yardies
    The yardies are too busy making a big deal about every thing else to worry about ########################.....lol
    I understood growing up that ######################## was a derogatory term because if you got angry at at a Indian person you would say "######################## baboo sh!t pon calaloo and turn round and eat it". Which I think is a way of saying they are so different from you that they are very nasty.
    In my circles every one gets a nickname. So if you are very dark skinned your names is "blacka or blacks" if you are Indian its usually "Indian" if thin and tall like me "slimmas" if Chinese "mr. or ms. Chin"
    No one ever had ######################## as a nickname.

  15. #15
    Registered User trinitystar's Avatar trinitystar is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    boston via maryland
    Posts
    166
    Credits
    1,008,578
    Quote Originally Posted by YardiePrincess View Post
    The yardies are too busy making a big deal about every thing else to worry about ########################.....lol
    I understood growing up that ######################## was a derogatory term because if you got angry at at a Indian person you would say "######################## baboo sh!t pon calaloo and turn round and eat it". Which I think is a way of saying they are so different from you that they are very nasty.
    In my circles every one gets a nickname. So if you are very dark skinned your names is "blacka or blacks" if you are Indian its usually "Indian" if thin and tall like me "slimmas" if Chinese "mr. or ms. Chin"
    No one ever had ######################## as a nickname.
    Never heard that ######################## baboon saying.ummmh

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •