Thread: Wunna New Yorkers get Soft?

Credits

Wunna New Yorkers get Soft?

I thought allyuh had thick skin?

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The FAA said it would no longer allow overflights of Manhattan after a charter jet carrying troops home from the war with Iraq flew low over the skyline Wednesday, stirring fears that another terror attack was under way.

"The FAA regrets any negative effect this flight had on some New York City residents. The FAA has since issued an order that future, similar requests will not be granted," the Federal Aviation Administration said in a statement late Wednesday.

Continental Airlines Flight 3021, bringing military personnel back from Operation Iraqi Freedom, buzzed the skyline around 8:30 a.m., flying near the Statue of Liberty and lower Manhattan, where the twin towers of the World Trade Center were destroyed in the September 11, 2001, terror attacks.

The FAA said the pilots of the plane had requested the fly-by and it was approved "to provide a special homecoming for members of our armed forces." It said such requests had been approved in the past for troops coming to and from the Afghanistan war theater.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg blasted the FAA for allowing the flight.

"Considering the world we live in and New York City's recent history, one would expect a little more concern, sensitivity and notice from the FAA when they authorize a plane to fly at that altitude over lower Manhattan," he said in a statement.

Several residents called 911, reporting the plane flying low overhead.

One resident said he immediately thought of September 11 and the recent terror attacks in Saudi Arabia and wondered, "Could it be happening again?"

"It was a terrible, terrible feeling," he said.

John Lind told CNN-affiliate WABC, "The plane flew right past us, but down the river headed south. It made three crazy loops."

The flight eventually landed safely at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey.

Credits
    when i last flew over manhattan going miami 4 carnival last yr, i felt a bit queasy 4 a second. we was flying pretty close over central park and downtown and i was thinking funny for a good minute until the plane passed it.

salt

Credits
    Give us another 5 minutes and it will be hard again:p

Credits
    Originally posted by Red Pole
    Give us another 5 minutes and it will be hard again:p
    I find you getting nastier and nastier..

MrBlackRock
    Originally posted by trinibaje
    I find you getting nastier and nastier..
    *feels proud*

Credits
    girl is not de matter of being soft nah, but fuh someone like me who see de whole thing happen (9-11), i would always be suspicious of all planes flying over areas with a lot of skyscrapers.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

amprincess
    soft???? that 2nd plane on 9/11 flew right over my head. I guess only the people who were there that day would ever understand

Credits
    trinibaje, I don't find that was funny at all. Anyone who experienced the destruction of The WTC up close and personal have all right to be scared by the sight of that low-flying plane. I know I still get queasy when I pass JFK and see the planes flying low preparing for a landing or taking off. And that have nothing to do with being soft...it have to do with facing reality that we still have enemies out there who wants to harm innocent lives

Solidarity

prinzez, how u doin?

doh mind baje...she jus doin de devil's work (thx mrs. road) an tryin to make us smile thru. anyway, i understand where u comin from but i must say dat many of "we" most dangerous enemies are not "out there" but are right here within these borders rockin there suit an tie disguises. u know how de surface of tings does cloud de truth sometimes. try to leave de fear alone and allow de cosmos to protect and guide u...if it chooses to. :)

when we goh bunx up in a fete?