Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83

Thread: WTF.....Single Black Women Choosing to Adopt

  1. #1
    Registered User iPicong's Avatar iPicong is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    JC/Brazil 2014
    Posts
    51,424
    Credits
    44,178,436

    Thumbs down WTF.....Single Black Women Choosing to Adopt

    #
    Story Highlights

    1) More single black women are adopting, adoption official says

    2) Single black woman says inability of black men to commit led to adoption decision

    3) Single black mother: "It's the best decision I could have made in my life"

    4) Pressure to be mother takes emotional toll on black women, some say




    Wendy Duren thought she did everything right. She broke off relationships with men who didn't want to settle down. She refused to get pregnant out of wedlock. She prayed for a child.

    Duren's yearning for motherhood was so palpable that her former fiancé once offered to father a child with her. But he warned her that he wasn't ready for marriage.

    "I get bored in relationships after a couple of years," he told her, she recalls.

    Those events could have caused some women to give up their dreams of motherhood. But Duren, a pharmaceutical saleswoman, didn't need a man to be a mom. At 37 years old, she decided to adopt.

    "It's the best decision I could have made in my life," Duren says, two years later. She's now the mother of Madison, a 1-year-old daughter she raises in Canton, Michigan.

    "People say I have never seen you so happy," she says, "but it's also the hardest thing I've ever done."



    Single black women choosing to adopt - CNN.com
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio



    LR Advertising LLC

  2. #2
    17 61 Ingram_Gordon's Avatar Ingram_Gordon is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    town
    Posts
    13,691
    Credits
    6,085,003
    good to hear

    every child needs a parent
    Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

  3. #3
    I breed Ank Panty Droppa's Avatar Panty Droppa is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    N.Y.C.
    Posts
    16,344
    Credits
    3,051
    i can see taj doing this if me an her dont work out

  4. #4
    another day... Ms. Hershey's Avatar Ms. Hershey is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Why, you comin' tuh visit?
    Posts
    16,495
    Credits
    1,529,448
    so praytell... exactly why are you against this story? would you prefer single white women to adopt these children instead?

  5. #5
    I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    yuh too fass...steups
    Posts
    15,483
    Credits
    1,599,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    #
    Story Highlights

    1) More single black women are adopting, adoption official says

    2) Single black woman says inability of black men to commit led to adoption decision

    3) Single black mother: "It's the best decision I could have made in my life"

    4) Pressure to be mother takes emotional toll on black women, some say




    Wendy Duren thought she did everything right. She broke off relationships with men who didn't want to settle down. She refused to get pregnant out of wedlock. She prayed for a child.

    Duren's yearning for motherhood was so palpable that her former fiancé once offered to father a child with her. But he warned her that he wasn't ready for marriage.

    "I get bored in relationships after a couple of years," he told her, she recalls.

    Those events could have caused some women to give up their dreams of motherhood. But Duren, a pharmaceutical saleswoman, didn't need a man to be a mom. At 37 years old, she decided to adopt.

    "It's the best decision I could have made in my life," Duren says, two years later. She's now the mother of Madison, a 1-year-old daughter she raises in Canton, Michigan.

    "People say I have never seen you so happy," she says, "but it's also the hardest thing I've ever done."



    Single black women choosing to adopt - CNN.com
    so ur prob is that the child isn't being raised in the traditional 2 parent household? if this woman, and other women like, have all that love and nurturing that they would like to give to a child, what is the problem? simply because it's not two? sometimes one can be better than two.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

  6. #6
    Registered User iPicong's Avatar iPicong is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    JC/Brazil 2014
    Posts
    51,424
    Credits
    44,178,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Hershey View Post
    so praytell... exactly why are you against this story? would you prefer single white women to adopt these children instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetControversy View Post
    so ur prob is that the child isn't being raised in the traditional 2 parent household? if this woman, and other women like, have all that love and nurturing that they would like to give to a child, what is the problem? simply because it's not two? sometimes one can be better than two.
    I would prefer black women tuh get dey shit in order so a proper family raising d child.........i better not be a legislator nah
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio



    LR Advertising LLC

  7. #7
    Registered User Rinababy's Avatar Rinababy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    10,776
    Credits
    1,115,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    I would prefer black women tuh get dey shit in order so a proper family raising d child.........i better not be a legislator nah
    what about "they shit" is not in order?

  8. #8
    17 61 Ingram_Gordon's Avatar Ingram_Gordon is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    town
    Posts
    13,691
    Credits
    6,085,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    I would prefer black women tuh get dey shit in order so a proper family raising d child.........i better not be a legislator nah
    you doin more harm to black men wid dis statement that black women..


    please reread and reconsider
    Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

  9. #9
    God is my pilot Shandy 2.0's Avatar Shandy 2.0 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    ...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Posts
    26,976
    Credits
    1,088,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    I would prefer black women tuh get dey shit in order so a proper family raising d child.........i better not be a legislator nah
    You can't be serious...
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

    "If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

  10. #10
    Weakness fuh Sweetness Yankee Doodle's Avatar Yankee Doodle is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    de Sugah factory
    Posts
    7,666
    Credits
    13,307,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingram_Gordon View Post
    you doin more harm to black men wid dis statement that black women..


    please reread and reconsider
    Preconceived notions already exist.


    But this will be an interesting one nonetheless. Jus sit back and watch fireworks.
    Last edited by Yankee Doodle; 07-09-2009 at 03:59 PM.

  11. #11
    Registered User skeng's Avatar skeng is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Islands
    Posts
    4,607
    Credits
    1,141,102
    I cant fight this.....Picong u rather B@ttyman and sodomite couples start adopting the kids than Black women fed up with wutliss men....look what happened to that 5 year old kid.

  12. #12
    Registered User BacchanalDiva's Avatar BacchanalDiva is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In Oshun's embrace
    Posts
    15,824
    Credits
    8,696,811
    Credit scam.

    Yuh know yuh talking shyt and yuh ready to talk more shyt so everybody could come and tell yuh that yuh talking shyt.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

    "god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

  13. #13
    God is my pilot Shandy 2.0's Avatar Shandy 2.0 is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    ...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Posts
    26,976
    Credits
    1,088,856
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Credit scam.

    Yuh know yuh talking shyt and yuh ready to talk more shyt so everybody could come and tell yuh that yuh talking shyt.
    Like he's addicted to it.

    He needs intervention.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

    "If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

  14. #14
    17 61 Ingram_Gordon's Avatar Ingram_Gordon is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    town
    Posts
    13,691
    Credits
    6,085,003
    Quote Originally Posted by BacchanalDiva View Post
    Credit scam.

    Yuh know yuh talking shyt and yuh ready to talk more shyt so everybody could come and tell yuh that yuh talking shyt.


    Yo gabba gabba!
    Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

  15. #15
    I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    yuh too fass...steups
    Posts
    15,483
    Credits
    1,599,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Picong View Post
    I would prefer black women tuh get dey shit in order so a proper family raising d child.........i better not be a legislator nah
    so we as black women dont have our shit together but all of u as black men do? smh....go brave eh....
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •