Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong for a high school basketball team to beat another one by 100 points?

Credits

Is it wrong for a high school basketball team to beat another one by 100 points?

"Move bitc h, get out the way!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw429JGL5zo

"Does Gyptian - hold yuh tune means anything to you ? Do you zoom in or hug the monitor ?"

" Mr Jerktennisarmgalclownwirelesspusigettingnerd

kilobytes couldn't breed ladyspranga and it won't be breeding any gal.."

Credits
    what happen? the other team was on the bench through the whole game? uhmm did they atleast get a point?

Credits
    Feeders!!! couldn't score a point *SMH*

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by carib_xtc View Post
    what happen? the other team was on the bench through the whole game? uhmm did they atleast get a point?
    nope. score was 100-0.

"Does Gyptian - hold yuh tune means anything to you ? Do you zoom in or hug the monitor ?"

Credits
    lol.... dey shoulda walk off de court ......
    One step at a time

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by direct_effect View Post
    nope. score was 100-0.

wheyyy dats what yuh call ah cutass.. no its not wrong..dem really need

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRUCK View Post
    wheyyy dats what yuh call ah cutass.. no its not wrong..dem really need
    Well apparently, this school disagrees with u and i coz i share ur position.

Girls team shows remorse after 100-0 win

(01-23) 04:00 PST Dallas --

A Texas high school girls basketball team on the winning end of a 100-0 game has a case of blowout remorse.

Now officials from the winning school say they are trying to do the right thing by seeking a forfeit and apologizing for the margin of victory.

In a statement Thursday on the Covenant School's Web site, the head of school said, "It is shameful and an embarrassment that this happened."

Last week Covenant, a private Christian school in Dallas, defeated Dallas Academy 100-0. Covenant was up 59-0 at halftime.

A parent who attended the game said Covenant continued to make three-pointers - even in the fourth quarter. She praised the Covenant players but said spectators and an assistant coach were cheering wildly as their team edged closer to 100 points.

"I think the bad judgment was in the full-court press and the three-point shots," said Renee Peloza, whose daughter plays for Dallas Academy. "At some point, they should have backed off."

Dallas Academy coach Jeremy Civello told the Dallas Morning News that the game turned into a "layup drill," with the opposing team's guards waiting to steal the ball and drive to the basket. Covenant scored 12 points in the fourth quarter and "finally eased up when they got to 100 with about four minutes left," he said.

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia.

"They showed much more character than the coach that allowed that score to get out of hand," said Edd Burleson, the director of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools. "It's up to the coach to control the outcome."

At a shootaround Thursday, several Dallas Academy players said they were frustrated during the game but felt it was a learning opportunity. They also said they are excited about some of the attention they are receiving from the loss, including an invitation from Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to see an NBA game from his suite.

"Even if you are losing, you might as well keep playing," said Shelby Hyatt, a freshman on the team. "Keep trying, and it's going to be OK."
    Girls team shows remorse after 100-0 win

Credits
    so wait... because the losing team wa sbasically alseep on their feet, the winning team must now forfeit in a show of "good will"? wtf? what happened to playing like you want to win and actually scoring points? dais bullshit

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Hershey View Post
    so wait... because the losing team wa sbasically alseep on their feet, the winning team must now forfeit in a show of "good will"? wtf? what happened to playing like you want to win and actually scoring points? dais bullshit
    exactly....the game of bball aint no diff in jhs, hs, college or the pros so why in de fack they must show some kind of remorse? if the other team sucked, they sucked and that's that....take they ass whooping and go practice more
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Hershey View Post
    hersh, where did you read any of that??

Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia.

"Even if you are losing, you might as well keep playing," said Shelby Hyatt, a freshman on the team. "Keep trying, and it's going to be OK."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetControversy View Post
    exactly....the game of bball aint no diff in jhs, hs, college or the pros so why in de fack they must show some kind of remorse? if the other team sucked, they sucked and that's that....take they ass whooping and go practice more
    they are a tiny specialized school of learning-disabled students!

is that you people don't take the time to read, or are you truly this satanic-hearted???

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    *deleted because I know I'll be called Satanic-hearted*
    \
    Just read rest of article.

But still. Some special olympians can still bring it to the court
    Last edited by Shandy 2.0; 01-23-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetControversy View Post

i agree dey juss vex dey lost dias all

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    because you have a learning disability doesnt mean you should be treated any differently (well as far as this is concerned)...that means they just have to work that much harder to be the best at what they do...
    Last edited by MadamStatuesque; 01-23-2009 at 04:20 PM.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRUCK View Post

i agree dey juss vex dey lost dias all
    ok i see none of you read.
    At a shootaround Thursday, several Dallas Academy players said they were frustrated during the game but felt it was a learning opportunity. They also said they are excited about some of the attention they are receiving from the loss, including an invitation from Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to see an NBA game from his suite.

you mind telling us where u see it written taht they were vex? :search

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast