Thread: Would you adopt a relative's child?

Credits

Would you adopt a relative's child?

reading in essence magazine about this issue. Sometimes life's circumstances take parents away from children. If relatives don't foster/adopt them, then they become 'property' of the state until social workers find them parents....and we all know that in most cases, these parents aren't screened properly and disaster becomes inevitable. We've all heard of the abuse, neglect, and other harms tied to adoption/ foster parenting.

So my question is, would you adopt a relative's child/children? Consider your present financial standing and living situation and your patience. let's not forget patience

Don't study it.

Credits

RE: Would you adopt a relative's child?

i would. i'd probly have a good relationship wit my relative's child neway so it should make the transition easy. besides, like u've mentioned i wouldn't want them goin in2 foster care and then be taken in by possible abusive guardians. and 2 add 2 that, the child will be feeling real dissed that his/her family didn't want 2 take em in. regardless of my present livin conditions or financial standpoint, change alwayz occurs in life. this is jus anotha 1.

salt

Credits

I WOULD ADOPT BECAUSE IT'S FAMILY. I'M VERY FAMILY ORIENTED AND I WOULD TAKE A LIMB OFF TO SAVE MY FAMILY MEMBERS. IF IN CASE OF DISASTER OR SOME FREAK ACCIDENT..I WOULD DEFINITELY TAKE MY SISTERS CHILD INTO MY HOME AND CARE FOR HER. I WOULD PREFER THAT RATHER THAN SOME STRANGER WHO MAY NOT PROVIDE THE EMOTIONAL SUPPORT THAT I CAN PROVIDE FOR MY NIECE.

DE BOSTON MAFIA

Credits

I would most def. Even a friends child i would take.

Credits

My sister and I was just talking about this the other day -- I would take her two, plus her stepson who is like one of my favorite people. The boys are pretty much grown men, anyway.

Awright den :)

[font color = red][font size = 4] [b] "Love is blind. Marriage is the real eye-opener." [/font]

Credits

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-02 AT 01:52 PM (EST)]My niece and nephew lived with me for a year and a half because my brother was acting an a$$. My niece was only 3 months and my nephew was 2. It wore on my patience (the little that I have), but I love them fiercely so if I had to adopt them I would.

Like salt said it would be a HUGE change and I would have to give up the freedom I have now, but they're worth it.

Proper Pork...
    "Leve Pou Manje Sa"

Brooklyn USA currently livin in boring ATL
    Credits

I would most definetly take my sister's child, that is my heart, and if something was wrong, and she is'nt able to care for him the proper way, I would be there to take care of him. I know everyone agree's that they would prefer a family member take care of another family member, than a stranger.

Credits

I would definitely do it. Because my mom died and my relatives took me without hesitation. Even if it is not death, I would regardless of the situation.

Credits

From looking at my mother do this, I know that I would.
    My mother adopted my sisters kids b/c my sista is......
    My mother took my nephews and niece in with the same love for us. I have to say that this is also difficult on both sides. I can remember a time when it was the simmons vs. huggins children. we were just kids though. It is emotionally, physically, and mentally tireing, but i would do it in a heart beat b/c I could take to see my family breakin up, especially with all this craziness going on in the world. These kids do not need this in their life. during the first couple years of devlopment are the most critical time in a kids life. this is when they are depending on someone for everything and to have them go house to house with no type of securness will effect them heavily in a certain time in their life. they will never be able to trust, etc. I can go on forever with this, but i'm not. i wish all kids had a place where the felt secure

Credits

I would most definitely adopt a reative's child. The thought of any child having to grow up in our system....hmmmmm i guess I have seen and heard too many stories. As a matter of fact, I wouldot have a problem adopting children on a whole, I just wanted to finish school ( which will be december this year) and then I will look into it deeper) Also, if I did adopt, I would keep siblings together.
    GA

Credits

TREASON

prettidolli16t

HELL NO!!!