Thread: World Cup Cricket - A Disaster

Credits

World Cup Cricket - A Disaster

Say St. Lucia Min. of Tourism

"St. Lucia Tourism Minister Senator Allen Chastanet says the Cricket World Cup has been "a little bit of a disaster" for hoteliers in his country.

"From a tourism point of view for the hoteliers, I have to tell you that it has been a little bit of disaster," he told the Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC), adding that the tournament had failed to produce the anticipated number of visitors expected during the first round of the games."

exert www.sluonestop.com

it was also reported that tickets to matches had to be given to help fill up the stadiums, are any other islands reporting the same problem as far as hotel occupancy and ticket sales....

Pebbles362436
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelstix View Post

"St. Lucia Tourism Minister Senator Allen Chastanet says the Cricket World Cup has been "a little bit of a disaster" for hoteliers in his country.

"From a tourism point of view for the hoteliers, I have to tell you that it has been a little bit of disaster," he told the Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC), adding that the tournament had failed to produce the anticipated number of visitors expected during the first round of the games."

exert www.sluonestop.com

it was also reported that tickets to matches had to be given to help fill up the stadiums, are any other islands reporting the same problem as far as hotel occupancy and ticket sales....
    Unfortunately I'm not shocked at all if this is true. I not feeling the world cup cricket vibe atall.

Credits
    I wonder how much hotel rates increased for the period in
    question. In Grenada rates tripled in some locations. I am
    fortunate to have found accommodations at the normal rate.

When you add it all up, following your favorite team throughout
    the tournament can be a bit pricey. I am hopeful that the
    crowds will turn out for the Super 8 matches.
    Think For Yourself

Credits
    they coulda given free tickets to me. I woulda come.

I wanted to go to some matches in ANU and SK unfortunately the transport and the expense for this broke chile is too much for me so I gonna watch on tv the empty chair that coulda been mine.

Credits
    damn.

Barbados my home no matter where ever I go
    Credits
    I heard that this was the same for all of the islands hosting the group stages. Well, they should have made things more affordable for the locals to get tickets and see.

What they should have realised was that this tournament is spaning over a month so most people cannot take that amount of time off work at one time (unless they planning to leave their jobs) so for a lot of tourists it makes sense to either go to the super 8's, quarter finals and or finals.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelstix View Post

u know what....I think hoteliers and Tourist boards alike......over estimated.....

if u all remember the last world cup the first round matches were not well patronised either.......but everybody assumes otherwised........

if u notice the fullest matches have been those with the WI playing and that is because large WI contigents were watching....

additionally I get the impression that people feel that they will make back all the money they spend on the World Cup...that is absolutely impossible.....its an investment.......the region now have to work and mek back deh money
    We going from Sun til Sun.......

Credits
    Somebody from home was telling me that St. Kitts' matches were very very empty too.