Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World class cricketers from your home town ?

Credits

World class cricketers from your home town ?

Patrick patterson - fastest bowler in the history of cricket, and one of the best that ever did it
    He came from my home town ..

I so wish he could have played longer

Brown Milk
    Quote Originally Posted by liteskinboy View Post
    Patrick patterson - fastest bowler in the history of cricket, and one of the best that ever did it
    He came from my home town ..

I so wish he could have played longer

I thought U would have gone with Courtney Andrew Walsh but anyways, a Trini by the name of Brian Charles Lara is the greatest batsman in the history of cricket...

My favourite innings ever from Lara when he slaughter Craig McDermott, Merv Hughes, Shane Warne and co...

I was simply in awe...

Credits
    walsh wasn't raise anywhere near where i'm from in JA.

Patrick is married to a small island girl now tho ... poor dude. Trini model ..

Walsh was at an outing in my area once tho, him and his son. He actually bowled a few balls. This was near to the end of his career, at his peak.

It wasn't a public event, my fren dad invited him over and he came with the fam. Inspirational i tell ya

Totee lickin shotz Bajan_bedroom_bully's Avatar Bajan_bedroom_bully is offline
    Credits
    Gary Sobers
    Wes Hall
    Malcom Marshall

...and more that I can't think of right now all went to my primary school St. Giles in bim

Totee lickin shotz Bajan_bedroom_bully's Avatar Bajan_bedroom_bully is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai View Post

My favourite innings ever from Lara when he slaughter Craig McDermott, Merv Hughes, Shane Warne and co...

I was simply in awe...
    My fav Lara innings was that 153 against Aus in '99 at Kensington! I was lucky enough to be there to watch it

Credits
    carl hooper once lived on the same street as me...

i played cricket with reon king a couple of times....

Brown Milk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajan_bedroom_bully View Post
    My fav Lara innings was that 153 against Aus in '99 at Kensington! I was lucky enough to be there to watch it
    Yeah, another brilliant innings by the great grand master... What made it more special was the fact he won the game on his own...

Credits
    I thought U would have gone with Courtney Andrew Walsh but anyways, a Trini by the name of Brian Charles Lara is the greatest batsman in the history of cricket...

I was simply in awe...
    STUPSE. LARA MY ARSE. WHY DE HELL HE COULDNT MEK 400 IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD ONLY IN ANTIGUA? THAT GROUND WAS TO EASY. I WAS LABELLED HIM AS GREATEST BATSMAN WHEN HE COULD DO IT ON ENGLAND GROUNDS, AUSTRALIAN, ETC. I STILL THINK CHANDERPAUL IS A WAY BETTER BATSMAN THAN LARA.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajan_bedroom_bully View Post
    Gary Sobers
    Wes Hall
    Malcom Marshall

...and more that I can't think of right now all went to my primary school St. Giles in bim

cant forget the 3 Ws

Worrell
    Walcott
    Weeks
    We going from Sun til Sun.......

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Apple View Post
    cant forget the 3 Ws

Worrell
    Walcott
    Weeks
    All those great players grew up near by you ?

Remember it's a small island, everybody sorta stay tight together. Hard to judge who really live far away....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by liteskinboy View Post
    All those great players grew up near by you ?

Remember it's a small island, everybody sorta stay tight together. Hard to judge who really live far away....

Everywhere in Barbados near
    We going from Sun til Sun.......

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Apple View Post
    Everywhere in Barbados near

Brown Milk
    Quote Originally Posted by BAJANFUHLIFE View Post
    STUPSE. LARA MY ARSE.

I could understand your vexation...

WHY DE HELL HE COULDNT MEK 400 IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD ONLY IN ANTIGUA?

Why couldn't a bajan make 400 anywhere?

Maybe he wanted to do it at the home of Curtly Ambrose...

THAT GROUND WAS TO EASY.

If U say so...

I WILL LABEL HIM AS GREATEST BATSMAN WHEN HE COULD DO IT ON ENGLAND GROUNDS, AUSTRALIAN, ETC.

I understand how U feel but that 277 he inflicted on the Aussies didn't mean anything to you at the time as a West Indian?

I STILL THINK CHANDERPAUL IS A WAY BETTER BATSMAN THAN LARA.
    Chanders aint even making the top 5 great West Indian batsmen of all time... Lara already etched his name in West Indies folklore and people from all over the world will give Lara his due props...

Just to rub it in, even Carl Hooper as a batsman was way classier than Chanders will ever be...

Credits
    Chanders aint even making the top 5 great West Indian batsmen of all time... Lara already etched his name in West Indies folklore and people from all over the world will give Lara his due props...

Just to rub it in, even Carl Hooper as a batsman was way classier than Chanders will ever be...
    MISTER, GARRY SOBERS ALREADY MADE 375 RUNS. LARA BROKE HIS RECORD TWICE IN ANTIGUA. BUT HE COULDNT DO IT ANYWHERE ELSE. WHY? HE IS NOT NO GREATEST BATSMAN. btw, ANTIGUA RECREATIONAL GROUND IS THE LOWEST OF ALL WEST INDIAN GROUNDS BUT IT IS THE FASTEST TO MAKE RUNS ON CAUSE OF ITS OUTFIELD. IN OTHER WORDS, IT IS THE EASIEST PITCH IN THE CARIBBEAN ON WHICH TO MAKE NUFF RUNS.

I NEVER SAID AGAINST AUSTRALIANS, I SAID ON AUSTRALIAN TURF, INDIAN TURF, ENGLISH TURF, NEW ZEALAND TURF, ETC.

I WAS ROOTIN FUH DE BAJANS ON THE WEST INDIES TEAM, I WASNT ROOTIN FOR DEM IN GENERAL. IT WAS ALL BOUT THE BAJAN SUPPORT. I WAS THINKIN TO MYSELF ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS THAT THE BARBADOS NEEDS IT OWN INTERNATIONAL TEAM CAUSE WE GOT GOOD PLAYERS AND VERY GOOD EX WI BATSMEN THAT COULD REAP SOME BATSMEN IN THE SQUAD.
    Last edited by BAJANFUHLIFE; 01-08-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Brown Milk
    Quote Originally Posted by BAJANFUHLIFE View Post
    MISTER, GARRY SOBERS ALREADY MADE 375 RUNS. LARA BROKE HIS RECORD TWICE IN ANTIGUA. BUT HE COULDNT DO IT ANYWHERE ELSE. WHY? HE IS NOT NO GREATEST BATSMAN. btw, ANTIGUA RECREATIONAL GROUND IS THE LOWEST OF ALL WEST INDIAN GROUNDS BUT IT IS THE FASTEST TO MAKE RUNS ON CAUSE OF ITS OUTFIELD. IN OTHER WORDS, IT IS THE EASIEST PITCH IN THE CARIBBEAN ON WHICH TO MAKE NUFF RUNS.

I NEVER SAID AGAINST AUSTRALIANS, I SAID ON AUSTRALIAN TURF, INDIAN TURF, ENGLISH TURF, NEW ZEALAND TURF, ETC.

A record is a record and his record innings of 375 & 400 aint nowhere close to the masterclass he put down in SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA...

I WAS ROOTIN FUH DE BAJANS ON THE WEST INDIES TEAM, I WASNT ROOTIN FOR DEM IN GENERAL. IT WAS ALL BOUT THE BAJAN SUPPORT. I WAS THINKIN TO MYSELF ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS THAT THE BARBADOS NEEDS IT OWN INTERNATIONAL TEAM CAUSE WE GOT GOOD PLAYERS AND VERY GOOD EX WI BATSMEN THAT COULD REAP SOME BATSMEN IN THE SQUAD.
    Well I am unlike you... I dont care which country they come from, once the players repping the W.I. with pride, then thats all I care about... By the way, is there a Bajan in that team?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast