Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Christmas Party

Credits

Question Work Christmas Party

...or HOLIDAY party as they like to call it here. Does anyone go to their office Holiday Party? If not, why? If yes, do you actually go to enjoy yourself, or just go to show your face?

Credits
    Drinks..free
    Food..free
    Watching the white folk make a fools out of themselves and then be embarrased when they come to work Monday...priceless

Credits
    I go to show my face, get some free food, and any gifts anybody may have for me. If not for that I would not go.

Sound stingy, but oh well

Credits
    The last place that I used to work which was just a between jobs kinda job because I had no intensions of staying there, had a Christmas party last year. It was the biggest waste of time and the $50.00 they probably spent to put it together. I stayed for like 10 minutes and went home. All they had was some nasty a$$ cold hor d'hourves and no real food. And can soda and juice. Then on top of that, they had the nerve to give us some cheap ass candy dish from the .99 cents store as xmas gifts.
    Last edited by Dougla Ting; 11-13-2002 at 11:12 AM.

amprincess
    Yes I go every year because my firm actually throws good parties. They spend alot of $, the food is always good, open bar & the dj's are decent. no soca but at least they do manage to play reggae.

Credits
    I go for a combination of the reasons -
    Show face - now is not the time to get in bad graces with your company.
    Fun - I enjoy seeing the otherside of my coworkers.
    Networking - you never know who may show up and have an opportunity for you.

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits
    I used to go to these “Holiday” parties before my division was sold to another company. The parties from my former employer were pretty good. Many of the coworkers got along so the vibes were good, free food, free drinks and good music, no soca but it was still nice. When our division was sold we found out that the employees had to PAY for the holiday party. This year it’s $70.00. Yes my friends, $70.00. So you know my days of attending Holiday parties are OVER!
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    I go to show my face, I don't socialize much w/ most of my co-workers(too busy runny my mouth in Backchat:p )

I also go b/c these people are hilarious once they have some liquor in their system.

Besides what self respecting West Indian says no to free drinks and food???

Credits
    Originally posted by shandy
    I used to go to these “Holiday” parties before my division was sold to another company. The parties from my former employer were pretty good. Many of the coworkers got along so the vibes were good, free food, free drinks and good music, no soca but it was still nice. When our division was sold we found out that the employees had to PAY for the holiday party. This year it’s $70.00. Yes my friends, $70.00. So you know my days of attending Holiday parties are OVER!
    Wait, you the employee, have to pay 70.00 to attend a party the office should be giving you? I hope they pay allyuh nice!

Credits

So, are you saying that you have to pay $70.00 to go to the xmas party???

Credits
    i enjoy going to mine too. i love seeing the white people carrying on! in 2000, the head of HR was wining (she thought she was) to the ground with a salesrep, i mean her butt was practically on the ground! then they get to see my hot gyal side when i show them how to really dance and wine! last year i brought my sis, and this french guy who never spoke to me before at work, decides to sit with us (although my sis and i went through careful deliberation on where to sit to avoid this). he was already drunk before he got there, and kept telling us, "i love deeee black women", etc. then he started dancing out-ah-time and was talking hard hard when the vp was giving a speech. i was so shame. we made him pay for drinks and i didn't bring back the change, i was going to milk his drunk ass some more, but he disappeared!

my work parties are usually in nice, classy venues with decent menus and music. one year i won a limo ride around the city, then it brought us to the party venue. last year there was a chocolate fountain and fresh fruits to dip into it. my co workers aren't half bad (a little corny), so i have fun. this year we're having it with the US division (700+ people work here), so it should be more fun, there's more blk people there!

I normally enjoy my companies holiday party, what!!!!!!! to see dem non color people get drunk and play d a$$, that is a sight. we normally have it at Tabern under green the New York people know about it, that restaurant is the bomb, food galoure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. The only thing is you have to pay mad money to get the nice out fit, hair and shoes stueeeeeeeeeps cause this dame company so blasted coporate, but when the drink all the coporate gone.

Credits
    We doh get paid nice at all. Yep the employees pay through the teeth and the party they give for the clients is free. Go figure.

We ended up at a bad company. They laying off people at the downtown office as I am typing this.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    in all my years of working, i don't think i've ever had a completely free holiday party because it's always at some expensive hotel (ritz-carlton, etc)...but they pay most of it, so instead of $70, it would be 20$. or our guest has to pay and we go free. actually, one year it was completely free, and it was sh*t. a big glass sculpture of the company name and some finger foods. whoopty doo. *steups* we were a hit though (me and my work girls) because they used to call us "charlie's angels" or "benetton" because there was me, the dark black chick, ah mixed girl (black/white) a white model chick and a filipino chick and we all started at the company around the same time, so we were a clique. men were fighting to dance with us. i am the only one left here now

Credits
    I remember one of my old company’s Christmas parties almost all of us was drinking Kamakazee Shots. While some of were drunk and loud the new receptionist and one of the account execs were kissing and carrying on in the back of the room. And all of us with our drunks selves were peeing dem from time to time.

*sigh* I miss the old company.

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast