Thread: For Women in Power....

Credits

For Women in Power....

How do you let your presence known and your power adhered to a male dominated business arena? (Especially - a WHITE male dominated arena)

Another question, when you do let your presence known..are you then referred to as "B###h"?

Curious to know your thoughts...both men and women...
    “Don't ever settle for less than your heart's desire!”

SSS
    Credits

RE: For Women in Power....

Intellgence and don't be afraid to use it. They will call you names anyway.

2SWEET4U

them men dont like women who make more money then them . that is why we have all the power

Credits

RE: WHAT IS ALL THE FUSS ABOUT

Credits

As a young black female attorney... in a very old white male profession... I play fair..do stuff by the book.... everytime they try to tug me down... they realize they have nothing on me.....

Trini by BLOOD
    Bajan by LOVE

Credits

I agree with SSS. I have a sr. exec. role with my firm and I get nuff push back on things that others (read: white men) have no problem gaining support for. For me it's a question of putting forth a business like attitude even when I want to cuss dey ransgate.

Sure, I get called a b***ch all time -- both professionally and personally. But that's because I have no problem expressing an opinion and being assertive. It seems to come with the territory. An agressive male is considered a trailblazer or innovative, whereas an agressive female is considered a b***ch or subject to PMS mood swings.

As for the comment about men can't women that make more money than them . . . I think that depends on the female. No one knows how much $ you make unless you tell them. And you're certainly not responsible for someone's assumptions based on lifestyle. The way I see it, a man should want a woman who he knows is independent -- both financially as well as emotionally.