Thread: Woman Passes Out After Disney Ride

Credits

Woman Passes Out After Disney Ride

ORLANDO, Florida (July 11) - A woman lost consciousness while getting off a Walt Disney World ride, which two people have died on in the past 13 months, authorities said.

The 35-year-old woman was getting off "Mission: Space'' when she fell about 8:30 p.m. Monday, Deputy Chief Bo Jones of the Reedy Creek Fire Department told the Orlando Sentinel.

She told rescue workers she had tingling in her arms and hands, Jones said. She was taken by helicopter to Orlando Regional Medical Center in stable condition.

The woman's name has not been released.

A telephone call by The Associated Press to Disney officials was not immediately returned Tuesday morning.

"Mission: Space'' spins in a centrifuge that subjects riders to twice the normal force of gravity.

Hiltrud Bluemel, 49, died April 12, one day after she went on the ride. A preliminary report from the Orange County Medical Examiner's Office showed Bluemel died from bleeding of the brain. She also suffered from severe, long standing high blood pressure, according to the medical examiner's office.

A 4-year-old Pennsylvania boy also died last June while riding the attraction. An autopsy determined Daudi Bamuwamye, of Sellersville, Pennsylvania, died of an irregular heartbeat linked to a natural causes.

I've been on this ride and its does something to your body, but the whole time you're standing in line you hear all the darn warning about the ride. My daughter & nephew loved this ride we rode it twice.

Do you think Disney should alter the ride or just close it?

Credits
    Close it...Too many injuries

Credits
    If you know you're not healthy enough to go on the ride or cant handle it then dont go on. True the deaths that have happened due to this ride are tragic, but look at what was wrong with the 2 victims. Then my thing is, if this ride is so dangerous, why would you allow your 4 year old child to ride it? That's like putting a 4 year old on the Viper or Medusa at Six Flags. I don't know the ride, but from what i've heard folks should use their discretion when riding it. If it comes to closing it or aletring, i say alter.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone
    If you know you're not healthy enough to go on the ride or cant handle it then dont go on. True the deaths that have happened due to this ride are tragic, but look at what was wrong with the 2 victims. Then my thing is, if this ride is so dangerous, why would you allow your 4 year old child to ride it? That's like putting a 4 year old on the Viper or Medusa at Six Flags. I don't know the ride, but from what i've heard folks should use their discretion when riding it. If it comes to closing it or aletring, i say alter.
    ditto.....I say alter it and let them riders signe waivers like when you going diving
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    hmmmm maybe should try this ride and throw up after i'm done. yes big hard-back woman like me does still throw up after amusement park rides

Credits
    is this like that hell hole ride that was n coney island

the one where the gravity is so strong that you stick to the walls.there is nothing to hold on too and the floor drops

i believe a woman severed her leg on it, causing it to close down

that was my fav ride

this one in disney must be ridiculous

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Essiquibo
    is this like that hell hole ride that was n coney island

the one where the gravity is so strong that you stick to the walls.there is nothing to hold on too and the floor drops
    Yeah you do stick to your chair. I had a hard time turning my head to check on my daughter and nephew who was enjoying themselves.

Before we got inside our pod this kid before us vomited all in the ride, so we had to go into another room to get on the ride so I got to see how it looks behind scenes. And there's big rooms with about 4/5 pods that goes in a circle real fast.

Once you're inside you get the instructions to keep your eyes open or you will feel the ride. Then you get to push these buttons like your part of the crew. It's a good ride, but its not like you don't hear all the cautions stuff before you get on. There's a recorded voice repeating it while in line, while waiting on your pod to open, and inside the pod.