Thread: Woman finds frog in frozen veggies

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits

Woman finds frog in frozen veggies

Talk about a full meal in a bag!

Woman finds frog in frozen veggies

Posted: July 20, 2009 07:02 PM

Updated: July 21, 2009 12:18 PM
    Video Gallery
    <1>
    What's that in my green beans?!

By Courtney Lane - bio | email
    Posted by Ellen Krafve - email

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Chasity Erbaugh was heating up a Great Value brand of steamable green beans - making lunch for her kids when she discovered a nasty surprise.

"Thank goodness I had put butter in the bottom of the bowl," said Erbaugh. "I went to stir it and there's this brown clump."

After a close examination, Erbaugh was sick to her stomach at what she discovered. The "brown clump" was part of a frog. That's right. She found the whole front end of a frog, with the spinal cord and everything attached, in her green beans. The frog's tongue was even hanging out.

"That's a frog!" she said. "Or worse than that, it's part of a frog - 75% of it. They didn't even give me the frog legs with it."

Chasity bought the beans from the Walmart on Troup Highway. We gave the lot numbers to the health department, and Monday afternoon, they had the store pull the rest of the bags from that lot.

"What we try to do is coordinate with the manufacturer inspectors to make sure we can track it from our store back to the factory where it was made and back to the lot," said Brenda Elrod with the Northeast Texas Public Health District.

Since being made aware of the incident, a Food and Drug officer is now sending the complaint up to the FDA.

"When you're washing field vegetables, you're going to get certain little pieces and parts, but we certainly don't want something so large you can identify what it is."

As for Erbaugh, she says from now on, it's fresh veggies only.

"Do you know how much my grocery bill is about to go up?" said Erbaugh. "It really is. That is disgusting. I'm not buying that! I'm not buying any of them."

The Smith County Health Department told us anything that might make you sick, such as a frog, would probably have been destroyed in the cooking process. They say always do just what Chasity did, which is look closely at your food and check it before eating. We contacted Walmart but so far they have not sent a statement.

2009 KLTV. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    Too bad, frog legs are a delicacy.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    "When you're washing field vegetables, you're going to get certain little pieces and parts, but we certainly don't want something so large you can identify what it is."
    WDA!! Stuff like this makes me even more happy I've been growing my own veggies! Frozen is nasty anyway.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

life is beautiful Guyanese_Princess's Avatar Guyanese_Princess is offline
    Credits
    Eeeewwww. Nastiness!!

Credits
    lmao

Credits
    oh my!...i tink i woulda pass out.