Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom teeth question

Credits

Lightbulb Wisdom teeth question

So why de ass my wisdom teeth start to act up now...and I goin friggin Trinidad next week

So...my queston is...when you go to have your wisdom teeth removed...how long after that are you in pain?

I studying if the best idea is just to wait or what...deal with the pain i having now chewing on one side and hope for the best...or go and have them take it out before I leave...wha allyuh think?

Credits
    WAIT TO REMOVE THEM, unless you ant to go to Trinidad looking like a chipmunk (plus the pain does not go away for a wk!!! at least for me).

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by 1trini-gyal
    So why de ass my wisdom teeth start to act up now...and I goin friggin Trinidad next week

So...my queston is...when you go to have your wisdom teeth removed...how long after that are you in pain?

I studying if the best idea is just to wait or what...deal with the pain i having now chewing on one side and hope for the best...or go and have them take it out before I leave...wha allyuh think?
    no get them pulled so you can eat and have fun in peace. If you get them pulled not so painful, but if the have to dig it out it takes a week to heal, at least that's what happened to me. I actually have to do mine tomorrow
    Link me on fassbook http://www.facebook.com/#!/SocaDivaChandelle
    2 Sweet 2 B 4Gotten:)

Credits

DO NOT DO IT NOW.

Wait till after.
    I got mine done just last year
    unless its really bad!

Credits

when you get them pulled your face swells up and it does take about a week. If you can wait then you should because you fell pain the first day but your face does swell up and ppl will notice it

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    DO NOT DO IT NOW.

Wait till after.
    I got mine done just last year
    unless its really bad!
    Ditto! unless it really bad and u don't want to risk infection of your gums, try an wait til u come back..it only takes like 2 days once u get it removed to be able to eat freely..plus, Dentist give u pain killers. Didn't Toppa or sumone else just post something about wisdom teeth too not to long ago..you can check that thread for some stories

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahpikne
    when you get them pulled your face swells up and it does take about a week. If you can wait then you should because you fell pain the first day but your face does swell up and ppl will notice it
    Not all the time it swells up. When i had my own i did feel like shit though but she should get it done asap.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMs
    Ditto! unless it really bad and u don't want to risk infection of your gums, try an wait til u come back..it only takes like 2 days once u get it removed to be able to eat freely..plus, Dentist give u pain killers. Didn't Toppa or sumone else just post something about wisdom teeth too not to long ago..you can check that thread for some stories
    yea i tink it was toppa

when I got mine pulled it was A ok.
    I didnt swell or anything
    but so many complications can come up
    1 you dont want to waste the hundreds of dollars on ticket money if it stops you from going
    2.who knows how the pressure in the airplane will affect the missing tooth.could be hell above earth

Credits
    i would not do it now. i'd wait till after TNT...all the liquor will numb it anyhow!

i have had 3 pulled and no swelling at all. it hurts for the first day or so, but after that is good. you just will have to rinse regulary and chew on one side until the hole starts to heal.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by illuminati
    i would not do it now. i'd wait till after TNT...all the liquor will numb it anyhow!

i have had 3 pulled and no swelling at all. it hurts for the first day or so, but after that is good. you just will have to rinse regulary and chew on one side until the hole starts to heal.
    right last thing you want is a dry socket...........

if it just started to bother you you probably have time
    I rode out on a bad wisdom tooth for a year

Credits

Lightbulb

Well mine does bother me kinda on and off...I just called de dentist...and he said he can call in a prescription for me that should make me all better for my trip and then I could deal with taking it out when I reach back

Lawd I hope this works

Credits
    Lawd I hope this works

when ya leaving?

Credits

It depends... if you have to have it extracted (it's not exposed above your gums), it's surgery so you have the possblity of swelling. If they are already exposed, go ahead and get them plucked before you leave for TnT. I had to get my wisdom teeth pulled after I moved to NYC 5 yrs ago. I could not eat, so I got them things pulled ASAP.

And could you spell "r-e-l-i-e-f" afterwards...

Credits
    the first set i got removed...took about a week to fully recover

the 2nd set was about 3 days..
    i was high as a kite on the codeine

best bet for u is to take some anbesol and some tylenol with you to trinidad
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

Queen GodIs

Credits

Girl please wait until you come back!
    I was in pain for several days and uncomfortable for several days after that. And if you get them pulled now you have to be careful not to get food in the socket and if you accidentally dislodge the clot you can get a condition called "dry socket" you will be in excruciating pain or on narcotics for the entire trip.
    Last edited by GoldenBrown; 02-13-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast