Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: why no love for bahamas,bermuda,usvi and cayman

Credits

why no love for bahamas,bermuda,usvi and cayman

ive notice especially since i move to the states dat we really aint seen as west indian.

Bermuda everyone is tink is some far off country when dey basically just like other Caribbean ppl.

cayman islands actually in the Caribbean and ppl stay sayin 'dey aint one of us'

usvi is stay gettin call american.

and finally bahamas. i kno we aint in the caribbean sea. but if u go there it jus like every other island. ive heard all kinda tings from west indians since i been here. "yall american....yall have a rip off copy cat version of carnival'. i even been told we aint west indian cuz r islands dont have mountians and hills.

so wats up wit da whole bit of resistance and tedency to not wanna accept the followin countries as "one of us"
    Catracha305 likes this.
    Man Ah Long Distance Stulla!!!!

Taj
    Credits
    did you ask em y?
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Bermudans weird.
    When last I went there they were kicking out Jamaicans by the dozen; dey doh make joke with immigration dey at all.

I doh think they perceive themselves as West Indian.

Credits
    Doh study dem people...

Credits
    they may need to make a bigger dent culturally............i went to an island a few years ago and when i asked what was d national dish i was told chicken wings or drumsticks or sumting so............come nah man......wasnt 1 ah dese islands listed though.....i think certain islands that are tourist driven......lack appeal to certain west indians
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglorious Bastard View Post
    they may need to make a bigger dent culturally............i went to an island a few years ago and when i asked what was d national dish i was told chicken wings or drumsticks or sumting so............come nah man......wasnt 1 ah dese islands listed though.....i think certain islands that are tourist driven......lack appeal to certain west indians
    Completely agree with the last sentence in bold.

But ummm, what island are you speaking about?

Spranga
    hmmm y not take pride in being different then?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Completely agree with the last sentence in bold.

But ummm, what island are you speaking about?
    im being a good boy for a little while until meh fuse buss........not calling name....maybe they might identify dehself

LR Advertising LLC

CocoErotika
    if you aint WI then you aint.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoErotika View Post
    if you aint WI then you aint.
    but thats the thing. technically we are if you think about the term west indian abd its definition

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    did you ask em y?
    yea. and dey say (well atleast the bahamas) cuz it so close to america. and to an extent bahamas has become americanize especially durin the late 90's early 00's. but shoot dat gonna be the whole of the caribbean by 2015. but dey neva gave valid reasons. it almost came off as "how dare u claim to be one of us?", like real defensive. almost like dey better (even tho the stereo type for bahamians is they come off as the snobby ones.)
    only time u ever see bahamas get rate is in olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post
    hmmm y not take pride in being different then?
    i always take pride in differences, das wat make u unique. but i dont tink west indians realize how similar these countries are to other west indian countries.
    Catracha305 and Socapro like this.

Credits
    I have heard a Bahamian girl say she does not consider herself West Indian then she went to the West Indian parade repping her flag some time after. I did not understand it. The Bahamian accent to me sounds like a faux Yankee/Caribbean accent mix. Maybe its just the people I interact with. Bermudans also say they are not West Indian. USVI/BVI always rep West Indies and Caymans,me eh really know much bout them.
    Last edited by SWAGGERIFIC; 08-13-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Credits
    Guyhamian....let me ask yuh a serious question dat may seem dotish........what brought you to imix......was it yuh Guyanese side or yuh Bahamian side?

LR Advertising LLC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Mystery View Post
    I have heard a Bahamian girl say she does not consider herself West Indian then she went to the West Indian parade repping her flag some time after. I did not understand it. The Bahamian accent to me sounds like a faux Yankee/Caribbean accent mix. Maybe its just the people I interact with. Bermudans also say they are not West Indian. USVI/BVI always rep West Indies and me eh really know much bout them.
    lol ya kno i hear dat all da time. dat bahamians soun like americans who moved to the caribbean and picked up a caribbean accent. but i dunno to me we dont soun nuttin close to americans at all. we dont really soun like anyone. west indian is the closest. ppl say we soun bajan.

but the gal you talkin bout, some bahamian ppl like dat for real i wont lie. it almost half n half (some say they carribean, some say west indian, some say just bahamian). i dunno personally i identify as west indian as oppose to caribbean since we aint in the caribbean sea.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Inglorious Bastard View Post
    Guyhamian....let me ask yuh a serious question dat may seem dotish........what brought you to imix......was it yuh Guyanese side or yuh Bahamian side?
    both but more so my guyanese side.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast