Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Are Nigerians So Hated?

Credits

Why Are Nigerians So Hated?

Daily Champion (Lagos):

"THE fact that we share a common ancestry has not spared Nigerians from scorn in the hands of the African-Americans. In the US, the African-American and Caribbean communities continue to deal with Nigerians with palpable aspersion compounded by the noted unmeasured utterances of Collin Powell and Oprah Winfrey, their role models and heroes.

African-American ladies are warned not to tangle romantically with Nigerians as they are domineering and insincere about their relationships (is this peculiar to Nigerians or an issue for all men? I recall many years ago, Oprah aired a programme on scam marriages, falsely, as often the case, portraying Nigerians as the main culprits. Much of this, invariably, stem from the unavoidable Nigerian factor of ambitiousness and the sky-is-the-limit attitude. To this end, an African-American is less likely to hire a Nigerian in corporate America for fear that he might replace her/him in a short few months...."

I notice this all the time in England even I myself have put nigerians at the butt of jokes shared between friends, its wrong but for some reason it's like nigerians are fair game when it comes to takin de piss, why is this imixers, are Nigerian's desservant of this treatment?

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    i guess it was the slave master. he taught us to hate all blacks.
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells

Credits
    because dem love teef people identity

Credits
    I HEARD that JAMAICANS are PREDOMINANTLY the OFFSPRINGS of NIGERIANS that were FORCEFULLY brought to the so-called NEW WORLD.

MUDDERWUK!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    because dem love teef people identity

They'd also have us tink all west indian men does do is breed oman!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    I HEARD that JAMAICANS are PREDOMINANTLY the OFFSPRINGS of NIGERIANS that were FORCEFULLY brought to the so-called NEW WORLD.

MUDDERWUK!!!
    You may jest... but there may be some truth to that.

The thing that gets me is that Jamaicans also share a similar experience as far as stereotypes and generalizations. There is an undercurrent of poor, uneducated Jamaicans and Nigerians that try to circumvent or take advantage of the system at every turn in order to better their lives and unfortunately many other good upstanding Jamaicans and Nigerians have to suffer with the stigma.

Credits
    Many people are just CONTENT 2 B ignorant.

Plain and simple.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    You may jest... but there may be some truth to that.

The thing that gets me is that Jamaicans also share a similar experience as far as stereotypes and generalizations. There is an undercurrent of poor, uneducated Jamaicans and Nigerians that try to circumvent or take advantage of the system at every turn in order to better their lives and unfortunately many other good upstanding Jamaicans and Nigerians have to suffer with the stigma.
    ALL people are generalized.

All Black ppl have riddim
    All White ppl have no riddim
    All Chinese ppl are good at math
    All Indian ppl work at 7-Eleven

The list goes on and on....
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Kiz
    Credits
    Cuz they refuse to wear deodorant and insist on passing close to ppl

Credits
    People tend to think that they are not trustworthy and they always looking to scam....but of all the Nigereians I know only one or two were not nice.....I found all the others to be very pleasant and extremely industrious ...

However, what I find interesting is that this view of Nigerians is held by other Africans as well........students from other African countries were warning me against Nigerians...the men especially

Anyway...people are people....some nice some stupid...no matter where dey come from....
    We going from Sun til Sun.......

Credits
    Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA

MUDDERWUK!!!

I hear ya. why bother seperating ourselves lmao

Credits

Exclamation well..............!

Nigerians are not hated by anyone. The fact that they like most ethnic groups have their good and bad. However Nigerians are notoriously aggressive in their business dealings and take no prisoners attitude which means in the next 50 years they will be a serious world power. Nigeria has oil, a large population, an educational infrastructure and people who care about the nation they live in! But the main article in this thread seems like it was written by an American wannabe African! Real Nigerians DO NOT care about people opinions about them!

Credits
    Most of the email that I get from Nigeria comes from people who
    request my help while implying that other Nigerians can't be trusted.
    Think For Yourself

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by De Geechee Vincy View Post
    I actually respect the Nigerians hustle. Unlike other black folks who do their dirt in a stupid and violent way, Nigerians would rather outsmart you out of your money and not have to buss one shot.
    And there you have in a nutshell why Nigeria can't reach its potential econonically despite its vast oil resources.

Credits
    I guess it's stereotyping. But I'm sorry, just about ALL my experiences with Nigerians have been negative. And the same goes for many of my friends. I don't trust them for nothing. Those I've encountered will scam the clothes off your back if they could. They too damn aggressive!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast