Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why do most black people do poorly in school?

Credits

why do most black people do poorly in school?

recent test scores showed that most blavk folkes failed the state test this year in nyc. some schools only had 18% of the kids pass. there was only 1 school in MOST districts where more than 65% of the kids passed. the districts that had more than 1 school pass were predominantly white schools. schools in the hood...eny, brownsville etc had NO school passing!

in high school regents have been graded on a curve. in some cases a 38% actually is passing. 38 equals 65!

half the students graduating high school need to take remedial classes in college!!

CocoErotika
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post
    recent test scores showed that most blavk folkes failed the state test this year in nyc. some schools only had 18% of the kids pass. there was only 1 school in MOST districts where more than 65% of the kids passed. the districts that had more than 1 school pass were predominantly white schools. schools in the hood...eny, brownsville etc had NO school passing!

in high school regents have been graded on a curve. in some cases a 38% actually is passing. 38 equals 65!

half the students graduating high school need to take remedial classes in college!!
    how many times are we gonna go over this? The answer is not gonna change. In fact I really dont think most care about the answer. you just want to point your fingers at black americans AGAIN

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoErotika View Post
    how many times are we gonna go over this? The answer is not gonna change. In fact I really dont think most care about the answer. you just want to point your fingers at black americans AGAIN
    west indians are doing equally poor in school.
    the reason for the thread is awareness. some folks on here may not realize that there child attends a failing school and is getting a substandard education. some parents might be happy with their kids coming home with a 90 average not realizing that their childs 90 average maybe only really a 75...depending on the school that they go to.

CocoErotika
    Because the schools are not catering to the needs of the children. Black children like the arts. they have eliminated the arts. black kids want to express themselves via writings, music and artwork.

they need alternatives ways of teaching (i.e apprenticeship)

Credits
    Because DUMB urban people continue to support the democratic party who is in bed with the babysitters union opps I meant to say the teachers union .. City school around the country are failing and no one cares . This is one of the reason why I moved out of NYC

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ras_Apache View Post

Teaching Black People to Read and Write was NEVER in the White Man plans:
    Alabama Archives: Slave code of 1833

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by richard View Post
    because dumb urban people continue to support the democratic party who is in bed with the babysitters union opps i meant to say the teachers union .. City school around the country are failing and no one cares . This is one of the reason why i moved out of nyc
    +1
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend- Arabic proverb

Credits
    Because the schools are not catering to the needs of the children. Black children like the arts. they have eliminated the arts. black kids want to express themselves via writings, music and artwork.

arts don't build structures, don't resolve balance sheets and they don't cure the sick. Black kids need to apply themselves and learn every aspect of what makes a thriving society. There needs to be an abundance of black artchitects, doctors, scientists and engineers and they need to know math. Not just artists athletes and photographers who start sites like whatspoppin.net.

vote KOFAA

Down di road, ova di gully, pass di big tree
    Credits
    Private school ftw!
    Disclaimer:
    Many of you can't keep Jamaica outa yuh mouth. Its ok, we understand you can't help it. Envy is a helluva thing. But let it be known. If you've never been to mi yawd your comments about mi yawd shall hereby be stricken as nuttin but verbal defecation. Walk good.

Yes I am a superhero. Sarcasm is my superpower.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    arts don't build structures, don't resolve balance sheets and they don't cure the sick. Black kids need to apply themselves and learn every aspect of what makes a thriving society. There needs to be an abundance of black artchitects, doctors, scientists and engineers and they need to know math. Not just artists athletes and photographers who start sites like whatspoppin.net.

vote KOFAA
    This will NEVER HAPPEN in America under the White Man's Current FAILING Economic System!

CocoErotika

vote KOFAA
    those that wanna be those those things...will be. and some who even start out as doctors. lawyers, etc end up in the arts as well because that is there there heart is. a former corporate lawyer is the owner of media tkae out.

hil harper went to harvard law.

I know of doctors who also have clothing lines.

Credits
    those that wanna be those those things...will be. and some who even start out as doctors. lawyers, etc end up in the arts as well because that is there there heart is. a former corporate lawyer is the owner of media tkae out.

hil harper went to harvard law.

I know of doctors who also have clothing lines.
    They either werent successful in those fields or theyre doing us all a disservice. They have a profession, but instead of educating youth that probably have no clue what they do to even spark an interest, they start gay celeb trash talking sites and feed those same youths more trash than theyre already being fed.

There will never be a viable black country or even city until there are an abundance of blacks that specialize in needs and innovation, not fluff.

vote KOFAA

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    Simple: Education isn't a focus in many of these kids homes. Gone are the days of helping with homework, no fancy clothes and shoes unless the grades were up to par, no taking away of electronic devices if assignments weren't completed, no rewards for academic success, etc.

A lot of these kids get spoiled as hell now anyway so they prob figure "Why apply myself? I will get what I want anyway."

A lot of these parents are just babies themselves, don't know what the hell they're doing, barely scraped by themselves to get an education, or have a messed up home atmosphere.

And then you have the parents that tell/teach their kids that they "ain't sh!t" because they "ain't sh!t" themselves.

Then the kids that are smart but lazy, some looking for the easy way out, etc.

Couple that with a system that wasn't designed for "us" to make it through nor one that could care less if we do, some teachers that could give a f*ck if the students pass or fail, some sh!t teaching methods, and what do you get?

The dummies for the "future" we have now.
    Last edited by MadamStatuesque; 08-11-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

CocoErotika
    They either werent successful in those fields or theyre doing us all a disservice. They have a profession, but instead of educating youth that probably have no clue what they do to even spark an interest, they start gay celeb trash talking sites and feed those same youths more trash than theyre already being fed.

There will never be a viable black country or even city until there are an abundance of blacks that specialize in needs and innovation, not fluff.

vote KOFAA
    what a lot of assumptions and accusations. you're missing the point. the point is about doing well in SCHOOL. obviously they did well in school to become professionals.

and you dont know that they werent educating youth. that's assumptions. there are MANY community programs. kids dont want to go into those fields because they are not interested. forcing science and tech on kids because there is shortage of black whatsoevers is a recipe for failure and misery.

and fluff is a business like any other

success is doing what you want to do and being good at it... no matter what it is.

Will Smith turned down MIT. Black folks can do anything history has proven that. it just a matter of picking what we WANT to do
    Last edited by CocoErotika; 08-11-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Credits

i disagree with you when it comes to the arts statement, engineering and science is core, and you a bordering on inferring that amplitude in disciplines is determined by race.

i agree with the apprenticiship program.. i was reading somewhere that they are re introducing it in some states but some parents are worried it is circumvented the kids from attending college, cause they start making money earlier

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast