Thread: Why can you have great chemistry chatting online/on the phone but not in person?

where the Eagles are a hometown favorite!
    Credits

Why can you have great chemistry chatting online/on the phone but not in person?

They call it love at first sight, not at first email. “Eighty percent of what we take into the human brain is visual. So somebody can be clever and charming online, but if you don’t like what you see, it’s not going to work.” Plus, emails can be crafted and re-crafted into how people want to be, not who they actually are in a spontaneous way. Face to face, people get nervous and clam up and can’t perform.

This, however, can bode well for you—maybe all it takes is a second or third date for this person to relax and show their true personality.

DJ...take away...

Credits
    right

i feel better talking to SOME people on the phone and online than in person.
    And i am really a great talker either way, but some people are just lame in person.

Cause i know it's not damn well me that freeze up..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by clchick View Post
    They call it love at first sight, not at first email. “Eighty percent of what we take into the human brain is visual. So somebody can be clever and charming online, but if you don’t like what you see, it’s not going to work.” Plus, emails can be crafted and re-crafted into how people want to be, not who they actually are in a spontaneous way. Face to face, people get nervous and clam up and can’t perform.

This, however, can bode well for you—maybe all it takes is a second or third date for this person to relax and show their true personality.

DJ...take away...
    Yes, if he don't look like the picture, or smell funny, it's over!

Girl, you on a roll today? You working or wha?

Credits
    Dayum...clchick is like the resident expert on here. Right on all points again.

Basically it boils down to attraction, on either one or more parties.

Beacause, even in the case of extreme shyness on one or both parties, if they are mutually attracted they somehow get through and/or plan for future dates where they eventually get through it.

But once you don't like what you see in front of you...everyting FLOP!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by clchick View Post

DJ...take away...
    interaction between two people deals a lot with energy. You can't feel someone through an email or via instant messenger

Credits
    some people can speak over the phone and online because they have more confidence that way...rather than face to face.....seeing a persons emotion when you either say something they dont like....something they dont agree with...or something that makes them/you blush can be a lil intimidating....and scary for some....mainly shy persons.....this used to be me back in the day.....i'm still super shy....but my speech class brought the 'public speaking' thing outta me....now i cant shut up...hehe
    Live the life you Love....Love the life you live. An iz dat!!

Credits
    i do much better talking to the person face to face even if i am not attracted to them. it is a lot easier on line b/c you can be someone you really are not but after them first 2 convos on the phone meeting in person should be a breeze!