Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why can one person feel thereís a great connection, while the other feels nothing?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlocks View Post
    Infatuation's a b1tch.

Plenty people out there are not in Love. they're infatuated with the concept of being in love verses real love.

Real love is facking WORK!!! not that BS that they show on TV.
    That's what I'm always saying. I live by that belief now when it comes to marriage and children. I'm convinced those two things are WORK. And I can't get with just anyone who's not prepared to put in the same amount or even more effort into those things that I'm prepared to give. Don't get me wrong, I'm not cynical about love but I think the difference is that with that special somebody those things will be enjoyable work and worth the challenges that come along with the deal.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socadahlin View Post
    That's what I'm always saying. I live by that belief now when it comes to marriage and children. I'm convinced those two things are WORK. And I can't get with just anyone who's not prepared to put in the same amount or even more effort into those things that I'm prepared to give. Don't get me wrong, I'm not cynical about love but I think the difference is that with that special somebody those things will be enjoyable work and worth the challenges that come along with the deal.

So true!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by clchick View Post
    Miss Manners might be to blame for this dating dilemma. The truth of the matter is that some people are just very polite. And in their politeness, they are sending signals that the other person misinterprets.
    So, if youíre not into someone, make sure youíre not appearing like you areónot saying you should be rude, but definitely keep flirting to a minimum and end the date with a handshake (and donít say, We should do this again sometime.). And if you find yourself on the overly arduous end of this equation? Know that your own feelings could be deceiving you.

When you are madly attracted to someone, you re-interpret everything they do. They can be giving every indication they arenít interested and you still canít hear them. They say love is blind and itís trueóthe emotion is so powerful, it is designed to overlook things to the contrary.

Has this even happened to you before?
    and some people are just delusional and no matter how you try to tell them you're not interested... they will dream up some "connection" between the two of you and run with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12