Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can one person feel thereís a great connection, while the other feels nothing?

where the Eagles are a hometown favorite!
    Credits

Why can one person feel thereís a great connection, while the other feels nothing?

Miss Manners might be to blame for this dating dilemma. The truth of the matter is that some people are just very polite. And in their politeness, they are sending signals that the other person misinterprets.

So, if youíre not into someone, make sure youíre not appearing like you areónot saying you should be rude, but definitely keep flirting to a minimum and end the date with a handshake (and donít say, We should do this again sometime.). And if you find yourself on the overly arduous end of this equation? Know that your own feelings could be deceiving you.

When you are madly attracted to someone, you re-interpret everything they do. They can be giving every indication they arenít interested and you still canít hear them. They say love is blind and itís trueóthe emotion is so powerful, it is designed to overlook things to the contrary.

Has this even happened to you before?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by clchick View Post
    Miss Manners might be to blame for this dating dilemma. The truth of the matter is that some people are just very polite. And in their politeness, they are sending signals that the other person misinterprets.

So, if youíre not into someone, make sure youíre not appearing like you areónot saying you should be rude, but definitely keep flirting to a minimum and end the date with a handshake (and donít say, We should do this again sometime.). And if you find yourself on the overly arduous end of this equation? Know that your own feelings could be deceiving you.

When you are madly attracted to someone, you re-interpret everything they do. They can be giving every indication they arenít interested and you still canít hear them. They say love is blind and itís trueóthe emotion is so powerful, it is designed to overlook things to the contrary.

Yes, I liked my friend when I was in college. He and I had been friends since elementary school and he would always be so concerned about me. We went to the same college and had some of the same classes but lived on different campuses. He would show me the affection and care that made me think he liked me more than a friend. He would complain to my friends if he didn't talk to me in a while or he would just show up at my dorm and wait until I got home to see me. He even went so far as to go to my apartment one time and wait there for hours with my roommates until I got home. Anyway, by my third year of college I got frustrated and told him I liked him and he told me if he thought we should be together then we would have been together since high school, and we were two different kinds of people. It was sad, but I was happy to stop going around in circles about whether he like me or not. Maybe I was more like a sister to him....

Credits
    You said it right clchick.

Attraction is a POWERFUL thing.

Wishful thinking tends to make people DELUSIONAL.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by orielshay View Post
    Yes, I liked my friend when I was in college. He and I had been friends since elementary school and he would always be so concerned about me. We went to the same college and had some of the same classes but lived on different campuses. He would show me the affection and care that made me think he liked me more than a friend. He would complain to my friends if he didn't talk to me in a while or he would just show up at my dorm and wait until I got home to see me. He even went so far as to go to my apartment one time and wait there for hours with my roommates until I got home. Anyway, by my third year of college I got frustrated and told him I liked him and he told me if he thought we should be together then we would have been together since high school, and we were two different kinds of people. It was sad, but I was happy to stop going around in circles about whether he like me or not. Maybe I was more like a sister to him....
    Did you ever get a chance to ask him if that is how he saw the relationship/friendship at that time?

Credits
    Did you ever get a chance to ask him if that is how he saw the relationship/friendship at that time?
    I never asked him how he saw the relationship but I was a friend who knew his whole family and they knew me, so if it wasn't a love thing, then it had to be a friendship, brother/sister thing....I mean why else would the man be waiting at my place because he hadn't seen me in a while?? I figure he was being brotherly and just wanted to see my face and make sure I was ok...but those were the things he did that threw me off. I would throw away the notion that he liked me and then he would do things like wait for me at my room or outside of class, or in the computer lab.... Thinking about it confusing me now....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcNY View Post
    You said it right clchick.

Attraction is a POWERFUL thing.

Wishful thinking tends to make people DELUSIONAL.
    It's true, that's the makings of a psycho!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by orielshay View Post
    I never asked him how he saw the relationship but I was a friend who knew his whole family and they knew me, so if it wasn't a love thing, then it had to be a friendship, brother/sister thing....I mean why else would the man be waiting at my place because he hadn't seen me in a while?? I figure he was being brotherly and just wanted to see my face and make sure I was ok...but those were the things he did that threw me off. I would throw away the notion that he liked me and then he would do things like wait for me at my room or outside of class, or in the computer lab.... Thinking about it confusing me now....
    did not mean to confuse your brain... thanks for sharing

Credits
    did not mean to confuse your brain... thanks for sharing
    LOL, don't worry, he's married and so am I so that is no concern....

Credits
    you ever met someone that you just want jump on at first sight, cuz they so damn sexy. And they just watch you like whatever.

i just don't wanna get there.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sexysheena View Post
    you ever met someone that you just want jump on at first sight, cuz they so damn sexy. And they just watch you like whatever.

i just don't wanna get there.
    but you know something...when and if you get the opportunity to jump on that person...most times you end up regretting it for some reason or the other...

you start asking yourself questions like WTF just happened and denial steps into play...and now this person has a taste of the booty and that's all he/she wants in the future...not thinking there maybe more to you as well than just that...

Credits
    but you know something...when and if you get the opportunity to jump on that person...most times you end up regretting it for some reason or the other...

you start asking yourself questions like WTF just happened and denial steps into play...and now this person has a taste of the booty and that's all he/she wants in the future...not thinking there maybe more to you as well than just that...
    yeah that's true, very true.

but sometimes you just wanna know more than regret.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sexysheena View Post
    yeah that's true, very true.

but sometimes you just wanna know more than regret.
    that's the animal instinct in us...just curious to the point of no return...not caring about the dangers that may lie ahead...

Credits

No.

Credits

Infatuation's a b1tch.

Plenty people out there are not in Love. they're infatuated with the concept of being in love verses real love.

Real love is facking WORK!!! not that BS that they show on TV.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlocks View Post
    Infatuation's a b1tch.

Plenty people out there are not in Love. they're infatuated with the concept of being in love verses real love.

Real love is facking WORK!!! not that BS that they show on TV.
    that's so true....it comes with pain and hardships too...you have to be willing to put in the work to reap the results...tell them Kev

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast