Thread: The Whole Problem Of Oppression Got Ignored Today

Credits

The Whole subject Of OPPRESSION Got Ignored Today

I kept tryin to get a glimpse on what was going on but i could not really go in the thread cause of all the cuss buds throwin f word and b word in the thread, because I was at work..

BUT FROM WHAT I SAW THE WHOLE TOPIC ABOUT OPPRESSION NEVER GOT DISCUSSED

You notice how that Fantastic Nick call women whores and sluts because they not wearing enough clothing but people who have that way of thinking never think about why are men allowed to show masculinty by wearing wife beaters or a tight shirt to show off his muscle, but when a women shows her a lil skin, she is wrong... its repression of human sexuality... we are humans and sexuality is a part of our nature... male sexuality and female sexuality..
    A man can exert his power by exhibiting his masculinity but society frowns upon a woman showing her power through her femininity, and yes there is power in femininity. I see all the time yall talk about womens role this and womans role that but yall want to stiffle a womans femininity.. I dont get it i dont get this hypocracy?

This oppression came from the days white men wanted to keep his power by making everyone else second class citizens, blacks brown, yellow and women... and they felt threatened whenver that power structure is threatened.

Now black man adopting this same logic and putting it on who? black women, which is where u get that Isrealite Ideology that Nick is coming at us with... So i dont understand where this oppression againts women comes from...

As people of color we should not want to oppress anybody....

i dont want to post in the threads on the subject cause i dont want to rehash what was probably already said... AND i think the things that should have been discussed were replaced by people taking the easy conclusion on "women need to let men be men" and stuff like that... I dont deny thats the truth, Men should be allowed to be men
    BUT WOMEN SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE WOMEN!!!!

we look to women to be nurturers, supporters... Thats femininity, Femininity is POWERFUL..
    but when women exhibit their feminity, they are relegated to whores and sluts when they are being women, I dont get it... I dont get the hypocracy..

People like those Isrealites like to quote all kinda bible verse as justification of this behavior but even Jesus Christ struck this down severl times... one example is John 8 when they were about to stone the woman and Jesus said he who is without sin cast the first stone... Many take that as saying he who has sinned should not judge but i take it as him saying if you are asking someone else to be pure and not commit adultery then you must keep youserlf pure as well... Anybody ever think where was the man who was committing adultery with her, why wasnt he punished as well...

There is your example of second class citizenry that is forced upon women... A man can use a womans sexuality at his discression for satisfaction but the woman is punished for the same thing... And Christ clearly stated this is wrong... Christ all through out the bible and his ministry preached against this power structrue and For women and other oppressed people, Jesus went against mores of his time in every single encounter with women recorded in the four Gospels.
    Last edited by Hello BKLYN; 02-11-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Credits
    WOW you should see a publisher.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    You should be an editor dude....smooth

I called it "Female Supremacism" for a reason
    I'm at peace with myself....you can have the bitterness.

CocoErotika
    blame in on Christianity. THe pagan who worshipped the divine feminine were considered heathens and uncivilized

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f9...uality-190437/

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoErotika View Post
    blame in on Christianity. THe pagan who worshipped the divine feminine were considered heathens and uncivilized

Well i am not blaming christianity, nor debating the validity of the story or whether or not oppression of female sexuality came from christianity, although i do know there is a lot of oppression on women in the judeo-christian islamic tradition... I just brought that up because that is the root of Nicks misogyny

Credits
    Good post, Brooklyn.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoErotika View Post

It's not Christianity.

Muslims prohibit certain clothing as well.

It's just oppression.

CocoErotika
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfAKing View Post
    Well i am not blaming christianity, nor debating the validity of the story or whether or not oppression of female sexuality came from christianity, although i do know there is a lot of oppression on women in the judeo-christian islamic tradition... I just brought that up because that is the root of Nicks misogyny
    ok so if you aint doing any of that.. then what is the point of this thread?

T-MAKAA
    Oprah..

CocoErotika
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    It's not Christianity.

Muslims prohibit certain clothing as well.

It's just oppression.
    YOU'RE RIGHT. organized religion in general. down with them all

nikkigiovanni
    all that typing could have been summed up with one word

MISOGYNY

unno man act like if you ignore the word, it doesn't apply...the black man has adapted a misogynist attitude towards women and it manifests in oppression...you cannot skip over misogyny and go directly to oppression

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkigiovanni View Post
    all that typing could have been summed up with one word

MISOGYNY

unno man act like if you ignore the word, it doesn't apply...the black man has adapted a misogynist attitude towards women and it manifests in oppression...you cannot skip over misogyny and go directly to oppression
    You think religions initiated it because men were afraid that other men would look at their woman?

nikkigiovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    You think religions initiated it because men were afraid that other men would look at their woman?

men are afraid of female sexuality so because THEY know the power of it so they feel they have to control it....

men know THEIR weaknesses (pussi)...what makes them weak is where the power is...has nothing to do with other men

Credits
    I remember when I was studying US history and we covered when the early Mckinley surveys came out...people were shocked...SHOCKED that women actually enjoyed sex lolol....

What followed after was a lot of scrambling to disprove it and control it
    I'm at peace with myself....you can have the bitterness.