Thread: To who went to Trini

SSS
    Credits

RE: SOCA ARENA GET SHOT UP

Credits

To who went to Trini

How big is Maximus Dan's song war. It made finals but is this song a fete song maybe some one could explain

Credits

RE: To who went to Trini

Well, the song was REAL BIG in Trinidad. But I see at Arena most people weren't feeling it as much. I'll say this though, that man had that crowd in Trinidad. His performance, to me, is excellent and I am now a huge Maximus Dan fan. All his music is positive so that's another reason I'll always support him.

Credits

You are right. The problem I had is that a DJ came in the Sunday Lime last night to play two dub plates. Now it's one of my DJ's that been playing b4 me but he played this dub plate from Maximus and nobody felt it. Isn't Brooklyn different than Trini or is it just me.

Credits

I think people have to get accustomed to the songs, but I think there's a different vibe between Brooklyn and Trinidad. Songs like My Love by Da Bhann still not getting play here yet, and that song was well playing on de road back hom, but there's still time. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. As for Maximus Dan, I doh care if I's de only one jumping, I will always get on bad to his songs.

Credits

I didn't go to Trinidad for carnival because of school but I was down there for all de big fetes before carnival like Flour Fete, Fire Fete, LeGENDS Cooler Fete and de fact ah de matter is WAR is a VERY HUGE HIT in Trinidad! That sound is pure PRESSURE. I agree Trinidad and Brooklyn when it come to the vibes of certain music is VERY DIFFERENT. But who should we blame? Have you ever listened to a DJ in Trini play soca music??? Off The hook, yuh is feel like yuh in a fete already :) The people in Brooklyn only know what they hear the DJ's ( and I am talking about the radio Dj's) play and it's sad. I still not hearing half the sounds that were really good in Trini being played up here but all I can hope is that at least when yuh in fetes up here people like Executive, you know what was being played in Trini- play the music or keep running the dub plates because once the music sound nice yuh know we Trini's go jump!
    GinAlwayz

Credits

Point well taken and as a member of the All star Squad this saturday the music will play.