View Poll Results: Consider all influences ie. Family, Schooling, Community etc.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Below Expectations

    2 13.33%
  • Right On Target

    4 26.67%
  • Exceeding Expectations

    5 33.33%
  • Somewhere in the Middle

    4 26.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where are you now?

  1. #1
    Red Man TOLOMB's Avatar TOLOMB is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Red White and Blue
    Posts
    2,821
    Credits
    9,052,588

    Where are you now?

    Considering your surroundings and trajectory today….. how far along in life are you today?
    If there wasn't any bad parents then there wouldn't be any good strip clubs... Think about it!!!

  2. #2
    Registered User sankofaa's Avatar sankofaa is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    fl
    Posts
    9,165
    Credits
    2,110,287,003
    exceeded what i thought i would do but not where i want to be.

    People will AVOID this thread

  3. #3
    Registered User triniochun's Avatar triniochun is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    'Puna
    Posts
    31
    Credits
    2,822,918
    exceeding...

  4. #4
    Gladiator
    Guest
    I am better off than 4 years ago

    *stealing some political thunder here*

  5. #5
    Red Man TOLOMB's Avatar TOLOMB is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Red White and Blue
    Posts
    2,821
    Credits
    9,052,588
    Quote Originally Posted by sankofaa View Post
    exceeded what i thought i would do but not where i want to be.

    People will AVOID this thread

    why you say that.....you think most are to share or do a self analysis
    If there wasn't any bad parents then there wouldn't be any good strip clubs... Think about it!!!

  6. #6
    Notchilous ladyrastafari's Avatar ladyrastafari is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maison de L'Amitie, Palm Beach
    Posts
    46,039
    Credits
    181,803,372
    i would say right on target... there are conclusions one must draw for oneself regardless of how many other people think that is right for you..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

    Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

    mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

  7. #7
    Red Man TOLOMB's Avatar TOLOMB is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Red White and Blue
    Posts
    2,821
    Credits
    9,052,588
    Well Sankofaa was right.....


    Anyways this question/poll was to kind of see if coming from a "good background" makes it easier for someone to just meld into the status quo or excel for their demographic versus someone coming from a harsh background and gaining anything better is viewed as a success there by exceeding expectations?
    If there wasn't any bad parents then there wouldn't be any good strip clubs... Think about it!!!

  8. #8
    Notchilous ladyrastafari's Avatar ladyrastafari is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maison de L'Amitie, Palm Beach
    Posts
    46,039
    Credits
    181,803,372
    Quote Originally Posted by TOLOMB View Post
    Well Sankofaa was right.....


    Anyways this question/poll was to kind of see if coming from a "good background" makes it easier for someone to just meld into the status quo or excel for their demographic versus someone coming from a harsh background and gaining anything better is viewed as a success there by exceeding expectations?
    i dont think it has anything to do with background but more to do with self... you could acquiesce to your family's wishes and go into what they want you to do or you can do what you want to do in life... sometimes you have to simply learn what is not for you and what is for you and then make a decision... some people who do things not expected of them and are far wilder than their demographic suggests are some of the most talented people i know and go against the grain to follow their passion rather than doing what their background would suggest- being a lawyer, doctor etc... while others who people would expect ot become a gunman or a cashier, rose above circumstances and went into the professions or otherwise became successful.. it's not the environment but rather the person yes...

    and people may have avoided this thread because some may simply not know where they are supposed to be, others dont want to admit they are not there, and yet others have no direct path, they take life one day at a time rather than live according to some predetermined future plan...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

    Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

    mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

  9. #9
    Red Man TOLOMB's Avatar TOLOMB is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Red White and Blue
    Posts
    2,821
    Credits
    9,052,588
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    i dont think it has anything to do with background but more to do with self... you could acquiesce to your family's wishes and go into what they want you to do or you can do what you want to do in life... sometimes you have to simply learn what is not for you and what is for you and then make a decision... some people who do things not expected of them and are far wilder than their demographic suggests are some of the most talented people i know and go against the grain to follow their passion rather than doing what their background would suggest- being a lawyer, doctor etc... while others who people would expect ot become a gunman or a cashier, rose above circumstances and went into the professions or otherwise became successful.. it's not the environment but rather the person yes...



    and people may have avoided this thread because some may simply not know where they are supposed to be, others dont want to admit they are not there, and yet others have no direct path, they take life one day at a time rather than live according to some predetermined future plan...


    I hear yuh....But you have to put structure into the mix. Say a person came from a stable home and have a standard education plus lived in a decent community. One would have to bet that with that type of background, that person would end up in the middle class. If they do better for themselves, then that's to be expected because you have all the tools for advancement in that type of environment. But if you don't itís okay because theyíll remain in the middleclass. Whereas a person who comes from a more affluent background, schooling, social sector, etc. drops to say middleclass status/lifestyle, then they are more than likely following their dream or doing them right. But they would be deemed as perfoming below expectations. IJS. But someone from the have notís who attained or heading in a better direction is more revered for making it out or making a way out. IJS. Youíve sated that your right on target today. Is that base more so on your age? For instance, if one works in Corporate America the best time and sometimes the only time you can move upwards into Major Management is between the ages of 29 Ė 35 so you can then be molded further for VP/Board status. Or is it based on the goals that you've set for yourself where youíre looking at retirement and the things you want to have done by that time
    If there wasn't any bad parents then there wouldn't be any good strip clubs... Think about it!!!

  10. #10
    Notchilous ladyrastafari's Avatar ladyrastafari is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maison de L'Amitie, Palm Beach
    Posts
    46,039
    Credits
    181,803,372
    in terms of experience before going down the rabbit hole into a profession that was carved out for me ... i like doing things based on what i want to do, not what is necessarily laid out by others... anything i do in life, i must see where it benefits me or else i have no interest in it... i know what i want out of life and i am on target with that..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

    Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

    mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

  11. #11
    Registered User Poca's Avatar Poca is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,202
    Credits
    87,553,099
    I don't think that I had a serious desire to be anything or anywhere specific in life. So, I can't really say that I am where at wanted to be in life. Some had a lot of expectations about me and they might feel as if I "failed" but then, I really was never the type to fulfill anyone's expectation. I took a very different road in life, actually I should say that I followed a really unexpected road. I am very open to what life has to offer and I am not afraid to venture and see how it may lead. I ended up at the same place or I can even say further than if I had taken the usual path.
    Chen ki japť pa mÚde!

  12. #12
    Red Man TOLOMB's Avatar TOLOMB is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Red White and Blue
    Posts
    2,821
    Credits
    9,052,588
    @LR
    So "right on target" is solely from a professional aspect that youíre looking at things? Women normally have allot more to think about than men because you guys are on that life clock also. That response sounds a bit off though...its comes across as being more "in the middle", as a minor achievement outside of whatís expected hasn't yet occurred to put you on the path you truly desire.

    @Poca
    Gauging the expectations that were set for you....do you think they were hard to attain? Also do you think there is still room for growth today or itís more of maintaining where you at that is most important?
    If there wasn't any bad parents then there wouldn't be any good strip clubs... Think about it!!!

  13. #13
    Registered User Poca's Avatar Poca is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,202
    Credits
    87,553,099
    I don't think that they were too hard for me to attain. Maybe the fact that they were "expectations" is what kept me away from them. I was never the kind of kid who do as pleased however I was always good in what I choose to do. That maybe stemmed from the 100% effort mindset I was raised in. Funny enough, I am a least effort possible for maximun benefit type of person and I know that drove and still driving a lot of people in my family to be upset at me. Because I "made it" they are not only upset because I didn't choose a "noble" avenue. I believe that the door is never closed so maybe one day I would give them that satisfaction.

    I believe that there is always room for growth. Personally, it's a struggle to know when to be content with life and stop looking for improvement. Sometimes, I wonder if I wouldn't be happier if I had a more "regular" life because I wouldn't always be tempted and succumb to always get more and more and more.


    Quote Originally Posted by TOLOMB View Post

    @Poca
    Gauging the expectations that were set for you....do you think they were hard to attain? Also do you think there is still room for growth today or itís more of maintaining where you at that is most important?
    Chen ki japť pa mÚde!

  14. #14
    Notchilous ladyrastafari's Avatar ladyrastafari is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maison de L'Amitie, Palm Beach
    Posts
    46,039
    Credits
    181,803,372
    Quote Originally Posted by TOLOMB View Post
    @LR
    So "right on target" is solely from a professional aspect that you’re looking at things? Women normally have allot more to think about than men because you guys are on that life clock also. That response sounds a bit off though...its comes across as being more "in the middle", as a minor achievement outside of what’s expected hasn't yet occurred to put you on the path you truly desire.

    @Poca
    Gauging the expectations that were set for you....do you think they were hard to attain? Also do you think there is still room for growth today or it’s more of maintaining where you at that is most important?

    for my life's path, i am on target. i am not in a rush to arrive at any destination before its time in my life.. what eh miss yuh eh pass you... i value my experiences... haha.. now my parents ready for anything because they know i not hasty.. lol..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

    Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

    mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

  15. #15
    SAINTSational Nica's Avatar Nica is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nawlins BAYBAY
    Posts
    39,594
    Credits
    7,746,304
    I on target for the most part and exceeding expectations in some aspects as well
    Conscious likes this.
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •