Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 57 of 57
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: When will Black people as a collective become really liberated?

  1. #46
    Registered User LIONESS onda RISE is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    13,118
    Credits
    1,063,611,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    yeah it is a different kind of poverty, we are used to self inflicted poverty here
    hmmmm......are you sure about that?
    Lucianite likes this.
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

  2. #47
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    Self inflicted poverty is if you have a million dollars and blow it

  3. #48
    Registered User Vye Negre is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Credits
    17,193,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlineko View Post
    Black people as a group will become liberated when they liberate their minds first. The struggles and problems that black people are having is all in the mind. With knowledge and understanding of one's self black people can become liberated.

    For example I watch a lot of american discussions/debates/programmes on youtube where some black people complain how there are no role models to teach them how to be better on tv. Where they ask "why doesn't hollywood or some other group feature more black people in their programs and shows?" Now that is the problem with the black race right there. Alot of black people waiting for every Tut, Moon, Sam and Bag-I to help them and take care of them with their problems but not doing anything to help themselves.

    Black people on a whole spend a lot of money on all kind of foolishness like shoes, hair etc and hardly invest. Also a lot of black people especially in the USA don't travel outside of the country therefore they don't get a different perspective on life. They don't get to see how black people are making strides in other parts of the world thereby giving them hope for a better future.

    A lot of persons have the internet and therefore can access information. However, we are waiting cap in hand for someone to hold our hands and guide us to the knowledge.

    Black people will become liberated when they start to invest in their own communities, start educating their own children and start supporting their own businesses as well as valuing education as a whole and learning about their history pre-slavery. But I don't see that happening in my life time.
    I cosign this, except for the last sentence. I have faith in us! Also as you said, there is a need for us to travel more and gain awareness of what is happening around the world.

    In response to the original question we have a lot to do before we can. Most importantly we need to seperate ouselves from mainstream society and develop our own. We need our own educational infrastructure adn we need the people who uhave succesfully placed themselves in a position of succes and thus understand what it takes for success to be acheived in the black community - to design a curriculum that is relevant to our children and can lead them towards success.

    We need our own media, so we can re-brainwash our people into having pride in their blackness.

    We need to support black owned businesses comprehensively from supply to end product. Meaning, our raw products should originate in Africa/Caribbean, from sources comprehensively owned and controlled by blacks. Our trade should be conprehensively owned and controlled by blacks. Our retailers should rent properties from blacks, to set up shop.
    And obviously, most importantly, black consumers need to stop consuming non-black products!

    One of the most important things we need is to change our mindset. The badmind ting need to dead. The segregagtion ideology need to dead. We need to have pride in who we are as a people and stop letting the current infrastructure fool us into thinking we are inferior to others. We need our own religious infrastructure the is based on us and unites us mentally and socially, projecting positive black imagery.

    The bad man/thugs etc, need to re focus. You are militant for a reason. We are being oppressed and it is the responsibility of the naturally militant ones among us, to fight - not each other, but against our oppressors.

    There is so much more, but over all, we need to remove ourselves from the mainstream society and form our own. When having this debate I always like to reference the indian community in the UK. They have their own churches, will kill their daughters for marrying outside, support their own businesses etc - they simply do not engage with the mainstream. As a result, they have come to be in control of a sreasonable percentage of the UK economy - and their economic strength is growing!

  4. #49
    Registered User Vye Negre is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Credits
    17,193,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    Self inflicted poverty is if you have a million dollars and blow it
    Self inflicted poverty is if you earn reasonable money and refuse to invest it wisely so that your circumstances improve!

  5. #50
    Boonoonoonoos jamaicangirl's Avatar jamaicangirl is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,827
    Credits
    11,636,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Vye Negre View Post
    Self inflicted poverty is if you earn reasonable money and refuse to invest it wisely so that your circumstances improve!
    I do not agree with that definition at all. "Self-inflicted?"

    If you do not invest or invest wisely, you may be ignorant or afraid or a poor investor but it is not appropriate to say that these people are inflicting poverty on themselves....

  6. #51
    Boonoonoonoos jamaicangirl's Avatar jamaicangirl is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,827
    Credits
    11,636,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Vye Negre View Post
    I cosign this, except for the last sentence. I have faith in us! Also as you said, there is a need for us to travel more and gain awareness of what is happening around the world.

    In response to the original question we have a lot to do before we can. Most importantly we need to sepArate ouselves from mainstream society and develop our own. We need our own educational infrastructure adn we need the people who uhave succesfully placed themselves in a position of succes and thus understand what it takes for success to be acheived in the black community - to design a curriculum that is relevant to our children and can lead them towards success.

    We need our own media, so we can re-brainwash our people into having pride in their blackness.

    We need to support black owned businesses comprehensively from supply to end product. Meaning, our raw products should originate in Africa/Caribbean, from sources comprehensively owned and controlled by blacks. Our trade should be conprehensively owned and controlled by blacks. Our retailers should rent properties from blacks, to set up shop.
    And obviously, most importantly, black consumers need to stop consuming non-black products!

    One of the most important things we need is to change our mindset. The badmind ting need to dead. The segregagtion ideology need to dead. We need to have pride in who we are as a people and stop letting the current infrastructure fool us into thinking we are inferior to others. We need our own religious infrastructure the is based on us and unites us mentally and socially, projecting positive black imagery.

    The bad man/thugs etc, need to re focus. You are militant for a reason. We are being oppressed and it is the responsibility of the naturally militant ones among us, to fight - not each other, but against our oppressors.

    There is so much more, but over all, we need to remove ourselves from the mainstream society and form our own. When having this debate I always like to reference the indian community in the UK. They have their own churches, will kill their daughters for marrying outside, support their own businesses etc - they simply do not engage with the mainstream. As a result, they have come to be in control of a sreasonable percentage of the UK economy - and their economic strength is growing!
    Separation is not feasible. We are not self-sufficient. We do not control enough of anything. There are twice as many Indians in the UK as Caribbean people. They are focused on education and entrepreneurship. We are focused on other things. I don't know much about England but I am sure that the two immigrant groups have different rates of higher education, unmarried parenting, violent crime, etc.

    What "raw products" do you want to originate in the Caribbean or Africa? The US is the easiest and largest market. Why can't we develop products that are found there? I wish that there were things from Jamaica that I could import and supply in mass quantities to the world but this is not realistic.

    Most successful Blacks have gone to "white" schools. We do not need our own schools. There are excellent schools that already exist- both Black and White ones. We need to enter these institutions in higher numbers and to obtain advanced degrees and to become successful in all fields.

    There is no need to have a separate media. We can avoid bad media coverage by ceasing to participate in stereotypical behavior.

    We need to infiltrate the world at large. A separate Black world will never be successful. There is too much discrimination against us and there are too few of us. It will never work.

  7. #52
    Boonoonoonoos jamaicangirl's Avatar jamaicangirl is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,827
    Credits
    11,636,899
    Even though I am a huge travel junkie, I do not think that travel is a must for everyone. Most people cannot afford it and others have no interest. That is okay. It is not a big deal.

    Some people travel and they are no better off (in their way of thinking) than they were before they became exposed to other cultures. I don't find that whites who travel are less racist than whites who don't travel, for example.

  8. #53
    Registered User FrostedFlake is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    15
    Credits
    846,999
    Black culture is the issue and the solution to black people becoming liberated.....which is impossible

  9. #54
    Registered User Vye Negre is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Credits
    17,193,571
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    Separation is not feasible. We are not self-sufficient. We do not control enough of anything. There are twice as many Indians in the UK as Caribbean people. They are focused on education and entrepreneurship. We are focused on other things. I don't know much about England but I am sure that the two immigrant groups have different rates of higher education, unmarried parenting, violent crime, etc.



    What "raw products" do you want to originate in the Caribbean or Africa? The US is the easiest and largest market. Why can't we develop products that are found there? I wish that there were things from Jamaica that I could import and supply in mass quantities to the world but this is not realistic.



    Most successful Blacks have gone to "white" schools. We do not need our own schools. There are excellent schools that already exist- both Black and White ones. We need to enter these institutions in higher numbers and to obtain advanced degrees and to become successful in all fields.



    There is no need to have a separate media. We can avoid bad media coverage by ceasing to participate in stereotypical behavior.



    We need to infiltrate the world at large. A separate Black world will never be successful. There is too much discrimination against us and there are too few of us. It will never work.
    Seperation is feasible... not overnight, but it is feasible. We are not self suficient, because we don't control anything. We dont control anything because we view our own as inferior to others. Our culture tells us that the more non black things we have, the more valuable we should view ourselves. This is why we control nothing, because our culture tells us to give it all away and look down on our own! These same indians are the ones I have to go to if I want to buy authentic caribbean (raw) food! Do you ever see a day where blacks will control a market that indians rely on?

    I cant speak for the US, but here in the UK, young blacks are actually making a sh!tload of money - by questional means, but the fact is, young blacks have a lot of money. However, they choose to spend it mainly on flashy cars, designer clothes, tunring up the club etc. Then, once they go jail, they are finished, cause they wasted their early resources and cant bounce back. Its a mad crazy cycle. Our young ones need giudance. They have the resources to uplift the community financially through investment etc, but their mindset will not allow them to do that! Every single community have crime, but we seem to be the only ones who dont benefit from it, think about that!

    Ok, you may be right here as I am not up to speed on these raw product statistics, but... My point is that we need to take control of our businesses comprehensively. The same way other communities exploit these business opportunities, we can to - then gradually put our won people in place so we control the whole chain. This is what other communities have done, we are the only ones who dont!



    And you are right, we are focused on different things. Thats why I said, we need to be re-brainwashed! Our mental focus needs to change as you put it. You are right, the two groups have different rates - but consider that we were here first and they have come and pretty much left us behind. I see no reason why we cant cheive their rates, it was no easier for them than it is for us. They just came with a plan and stuck to it - and absolutely refuse to integrate into 'the system' - which I think is the fundamental reason for their succes. We on the other hand look for every opportunity we can get to prove to each other that we can be just like our oppresors. As far as violent crime, we only know what we are told. As we know the media highlights violent crime as far as we are concerned, this is not the same for other communities so we cannot make an accurate comparison. Higher education while it may be beneficial is not absolutely necessary for succes. Succes is usually the result of having a plan, being persistent and having a strong work ethic. Some of the major players in the world today did not finish school. The marriage rates for them are definitely higher, not least because they have a culture of killing their gifls if the fock outside race, lol.

    This is where I disagree, what you consider as succesful blacks are people who may have achieved financial succes, but usually at the cost of 'losing their blackness' - you are not allowed to be your true self in the 'white world'. We have black entrprenuers who have come from Africa, Caribbean or even sons of the soil, people born into poverty, who have faced the struyggle like everyone else, but who have figured out how to manouvre the environment and creat succes for themselves and those around them. I have a lot more respect for these types as they hold the key to the upliftment of the entire race as opposed to a few lucky ones who make it into a succesful position in the white world.

    That is straight bs! There are a hell of a lot of positive things going on in our communities. The mainstream media chooses what they do and do not show about us. They specifically highlight negativity in our communities because that is their agenda. We need top level control of our own media and we need progressive minded blacks, setting progressive angendas for black media!

    There is fact, and there is opinon.

    Fact: Indians only fock with themselves. Anywhere in the world you see them, they do their own thing. Results speak for themselves

    Fact: CHinese only fock with their own, just like the indians. Result, they are slowly taking over the world!

    Communities who are acheiving succes are doing so by prioritising themselves over everyone else. Blacks need to do the same. Integration is exactly what is killing us!

  10. #55
    Registered User Vye Negre is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Credits
    17,193,571
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    Even though I am a huge travel junkie, I do not think that travel is a must for everyone. Most people cannot afford it and others have no interest. That is okay. It is not a big deal.

    Some people travel and they are no better off (in their way of thinking) than they were before they became exposed to other cultures. I don't find that whites who travel are less racist than whites who don't travel, for example.
    Don't misinterpret me! It is not possible for every single person to travel extensively, thats just common sense. But, a lot of us live in our little bubble unaware of what else is happening in the world - which leads to us being unaware of our true potential because we only know what we have seen. Travelling opens your mind to new ideas, new ways of thinking etc.

    Here is some food for thought: I grew up in the caribbean and was bombarded with negative images of starving children in Africa! Do you know how shocked I was when I actually went to Africa and realised that Africans are just normal people like us. They live normal lives, have normal businesses etc. I was trully shocked because the mainstream media made me think Africa was just one big street side beggar!
    Carib2 likes this.

  11. #56
    Registered User Vye Negre is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Credits
    17,193,571
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostedFlake View Post
    Black culture is the issue and the solution to black people becoming liberated.....which is impossible
    You control your destiny believe it or not. This is exactly the mindset that needs to change. We need to stop believing this bs! We are more than capable of liberating ourselves!

  12. #57
    Registered User Vye Negre is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Credits
    17,193,571
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    I do not agree with that definition at all. "Self-inflicted?"

    If you do not invest or invest wisely, you may be ignorant or afraid or a poor investor but it is not appropriate to say that these people are inflicting poverty on themselves....
    In 2015, this is simply not an acceptable state of mind! Especially on such a grand scale! We need to take responsibility for improving ourselves. Knowledge is out there and easily accessed, we need to invest in our knowledge and start moving the fock forward. This poverty midset we have is played out ten times over![B[/B]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •