Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: When will Black people as a collective become really liberated?

  1. #16
    Repect Our Soca Pioneers Socapro's Avatar Socapro is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Soca Island
    Posts
    16,725
    Credits
    891,313,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Carib2 View Post
    So basically we as a group are permanently damaged?
    Nothing is permanent unless you allow it to be.

    Once Black people get Black conscious and unite and start supporting their own first and making themselves rich and powerful then no one will be able to dictate to us as we will be liberated.
    Catch me as Soca PhD Every Saturday 2-4pm GMT
    On www.GenesisRadio.co.uk (91.6FM);
    Every Tueday 6-8pm & Friday 8-10pm GMT
    On www.HavitLive.co.uk (99.1FM);
    www.facebook.com/socaphd
    email: projampro@yahoo.co.uk

    Hailing from Trinidad & Tobago and very proud of it!!
    Land of Calypso, Steelband, Limbo, Parang, Rapso, Chutney-Soca, Soca, Jamoo, Panjazz and the Biggest, Best & Most Influential Caribbean Carnival in the World with no apology!
    Together We Aspire & Together We Achieve!!

  2. #17
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Carib2 View Post
    So basically we as a group are permanently damaged?
    most of humanity is broken. lets look at the world, we create infinite money, for finite resources, create weapons of war in order to maintain peace, and put into place draconian laws to be free.

    make it no question the rest of the world is fukked up, mental illness, and other health diseases are increasing. when we are supposed to be healthier than ever
    Socapro and mz_JazE like this.

  3. #18
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    most of humanity is broken. lets look at the world, we create infinite money, for finite resources, create weapons of war in order to maintain peace, and put into place draconian laws to be free.

    make it no question the rest of the world is fukked up, mental illness, and other health diseases are increasing. when we are supposed to be healthier than ever
    You talk like white people. Lol

    I swear, when artsy fartsy, hippie types talk....they sound just like this. I swear the way they see the world is so different than Black people.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  4. #19
    Registered User Poca's Avatar Poca is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,202
    Credits
    87,553,099
    When most will realise that it's a lot more beneficial to work with what they have rather than constantly trying to attain something that will most likely always be kept beyond their control.
    Chen ki jap pa mde!

  5. #20
    where de crix Oneshot's Avatar Oneshot is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brick City, NJ
    Posts
    24,668
    Credits
    40,160,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Poca View Post
    When most will realise that it's a lot more beneficial to work with what they have rather than constantly trying to attain something that will most likely always be kept beyond their control.
    really? that is a slackers attitude to me.

  6. #21
    Registered User Carib2 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,722
    Credits
    42,392,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    most of humanity is broken. lets look at the world, we create infinite money, for finite resources, create weapons of war in order to maintain peace, and put into place draconian laws to be free.

    make it no question the rest of the world is fukked up, mental illness, and other health diseases are increasing. when we are supposed to be healthier than ever
    The world isn't as F'ed up as a Black Persons brainwashed head.

  7. #22
    Registered User Wadadlineko's Avatar Wadadlineko is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Posts
    742
    Credits
    7,764,504
    Black people as a group will become liberated when they liberate their minds first. The struggles and problems that black people are having is all in the mind. With knowledge and understanding of one's self black people can become liberated.

    For example I watch a lot of american discussions/debates/programmes on youtube where some black people complain how there are no role models to teach them how to be better on tv. Where they ask "why doesn't hollywood or some other group feature more black people in their programs and shows?" Now that is the problem with the black race right there. Alot of black people waiting for every Tut, Moon, Sam and Bag-I to help them and take care of them with their problems but not doing anything to help themselves.

    Black people on a whole spend a lot of money on all kind of foolishness like shoes, hair etc and hardly invest. Also a lot of black people especially in the USA don't travel outside of the country therefore they don't get a different perspective on life. They don't get to see how black people are making strides in other parts of the world thereby giving them hope for a better future.

    A lot of persons have the internet and therefore can access information. However, we are waiting cap in hand for someone to hold our hands and guide us to the knowledge.

    Black people will become liberated when they start to invest in their own communities, start educating their own children and start supporting their own businesses as well as valuing education as a whole and learning about their history pre-slavery. But I don't see that happening in my life time.

  8. #23
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    Why is the topic of "black People" always about African Americans ?
    and seem like everyone is a self appointed expert on what "black people" need to do
    always easier to point the finger - remember you have four pointing back at you

  9. #24
    Registered User Wadadlineko's Avatar Wadadlineko is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Posts
    742
    Credits
    7,764,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    Why is the topic of "black People" always about African Americans ?
    and seem like everyone is a self appointed expert on what "black people" need to do
    always easier to point the finger - remember you have four pointing back at you
    I did not read all the other posts. So I cannot say if everyone is talking about black americans. However I guess for the post at hand maybe some people might be talking about them including myself right now because of the current situation happening in America. That could possibly be the reason. Also that is the problem with black people in general the moment another black persons points and tells another black person their doing something wrong they jump up and say your not an expert, don't judge me, jesus loves me this I know for the bible tells me so, etc. In otherwords, we are not supposed to be critical of each other.

    However, if some other race of people jump up and tell you the exact same thing and pull up some graph or chart from some study, that you personally can't verify if it ever really happened but they said it did, we believe whole heartedly. That is what is keeping the black race as a whole from striving.

  10. #25
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlineko View Post
    I did not read all the other posts. So I cannot say if everyone is talking about black americans. However I guess for the post at hand maybe some people might be talking about them including myself right now because of the current situation happening in America. That could possibly be the reason. Also that is the problem with black people in general the moment another black persons points and tells another black person their doing something wrong they jump up and say your not an expert, don't judge me, jesus loves me this I know for the bible tells me so, etc. In otherwords, we are not supposed to be critical of each other.

    However, if some other race of people jump up and tell you the exact them thing and pull up some graph our chart from some study that you can't verify if it ever really happened but they said it did we believe whole heartedly. That is what is keeping the black race as a whole from striving.

    my comments were in general - not pointed at you - but the cap fit....

    check yourself on the bold - i gave an observation and there go wiht "thats the problem with black people blah blah... " you are black too - does this not apply to you ?

    not judging you - just being part of the conversation

  11. #26
    Registered User Wadadlineko's Avatar Wadadlineko is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Posts
    742
    Credits
    7,764,504
    Also even if someone points a finger at someone and four fingers point back it still does not negate the fact that one finger is pointing at them. The issue is still there. Its like if I tief and I tell you that charlie tief. Charlie jump up and say "its always easier to point the finger - remember you have four pointing back at you". Ok Charlie. Four fingers pointing at me but you still tief. I'm just saying

  12. #27
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    I am all for constructive criticism -
    and thats what I mean - I, LUCIANITE, gave you MY opinion and right away your response was "BLACK PEOPLE don't like to hear about ourselves" - well dayum we seem to hear a lot of negative things about us.... a lot of what are human traits are pointed as if its ONLY black people that engage it it....

    and in general the way we say "Black people blah blah" - speaking int the third person and often sounds like the author is excluding him or herself.....

  13. #28
    Registered User Wadadlineko's Avatar Wadadlineko is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Posts
    742
    Credits
    7,764,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    my comments were in general - not pointed at you - but the cap fit....

    check yourself on the bold - i gave an observation and there go wiht "thats the problem with black people blah blah... " you are black too - does this not apply to you ?

    not judging you - just being part of the conversation
    I know you weren't talking to me. Don't get it twisted. Yes I am black but I don't have a lot of the issues or hangups that some black people have. I hope you get what I am coming from. With knowledge you are liberated.

    I just don't like when black people in general make that comment. That is why I jumped on it. Cause I have workmates that like to sing that song ever so often when other people try and correct them that is all.

  14. #29
    Registered User Wadadlineko's Avatar Wadadlineko is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Posts
    742
    Credits
    7,764,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    I am all for constructive criticism -
    and thats what I mean - I, LUCIANITE, gave you MY opinion and right away your response was "BLACK PEOPLE don't like to hear about ourselves" - well dayum we seem to hear a lot of negative things about us.... a lot of what are human traits are pointed as if its ONLY black people that engage it it....

    and in general the way we say "Black people blah blah" - speaking int the third person and often sounds like the author is excluding him or herself.....
    That is just the way I talk. I am not excluding my self in some of the stuff I am saying. But I tend to talk in a third person manner. That is just me personally. But like I mentioned in a post I made a few seconds ago a lot of problems that black people complain about I don't suffer from of course I am the perfect lol.

    In terms of issues, as a black woman I hear a lot of black women right here in the Caribbean complain about being a single mother, working for little or nothing and not having the father around to help out etc. I don't have that complaint. I am not a mother, I have tertiary level education and I get a liveable salary. I am not struggling thus far even though I live at home. lol. But I working on improving my condition by getting a piece of land and building a house for myself thereby making me more independent. Plus I plan to start a little business in the near future so that I don't have to work for anyone. My goal is to retire at a young age. I working on that one lol.

  15. #30
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadadlineko View Post
    That is just the way I talk. I am not excluding my self in some of the stuff I am saying. But I tend to talk in a third person manner. That is just me personally. But like I mentioned in a post I made a few seconds ago a lot of problems that black people complain about I don't suffer from. For eg. I hear a lot of black women right here in the Caribbean complain about being a single mother, working for little or nothing and how the father don't help out etc. I don't have that complaint. I am not a mother, I have tertiary and I get a liveable salary. I am not struggling thus far even though I live at home. lol. But I working on getting a piece of land and building a house for myself. Plus I don't plan to start a little business eventually. I working on that one lol.
    well, more power to you - and i'm sure there are others like you - so ther are "black People" who are empowered.

    and there is a saying
    "to whom much is given much is expected"

    so as we help to empower all , we must do it form a place of love and understanding and of course PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY is paramount - we must also address the systematic and legacies that things are a certain way for others...


    So here we are on the internet and who " have tertiary and I get a liveable salary. I am not struggling... "

    how can you build with other like minded folk is far more constructive than

    "BLACK people are bla blah bkah (negative)"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •