Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 54 of 54

Thread: Whats d appropriate wait time for marriage when dating seriously? I say two years...

  1. #46
    Blah! shortsweetness's Avatar shortsweetness is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,467
    Credits
    1,289,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy
    This ^^ is all well and good, but what kills me is when people want to play the role, but don't wanna take the leap. If a couple living together, cooking together, paying bills together etc. i don't see what the hestitation is all about. Grown ups shouldn't be playing house..yuh either shit or get off the pot.

  2. #47
    ah like chupidness limintrinibwoy's Avatar limintrinibwoy is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In meh skin
    Posts
    16,220
    Credits
    3,976,977
    Quote Originally Posted by nygee
    thanks for your sanity, people fooling themselves into rushing into things early when it going good and both parties being nice. Having been there and done dat, i wouldnt marry someone i have known for less than 5 years.

    i agree with you here man...i dont think it should be a rush for anything time is what it is...so i think having a time limit hinders the true process of the love circle....let it be and if it is to be then it will....ask God fuh guidance...cuz it have plenty people that say dey want dis after such and such a time......they get divorced and the divorce comes in a shorter period of time than the 2 people have been together in the first place..

  3. #48
    Registered User iPicong's Avatar iPicong is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    JC/Brazil 2014
    Posts
    51,424
    Credits
    44,178,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy
    This ^^ is all well and good, but what kills me is when people want to play the role, but don't wanna take the leap. If a couple living together, cooking together, paying bills together etc. i don't see what the hestitation is all about. Grown ups shouldn't be playing house..yuh either shit or get off the pot.
    The eonomy has forced and willll continue to force marraiges/relationships of convenience. Especially for those who want to live a particular lifestyle and cant afford it. People just nee to keep it real and call it as it is. Convenience

  4. #49
    Blah! shortsweetness's Avatar shortsweetness is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,467
    Credits
    1,289,195
    Quote Originally Posted by limintrinibwoy20
    i agree with you here man...i dont think it should be a rush for anything time is what it is...so i think having a time limit hinders the true process of the love circle....let it be and if it is to be then it will....ask God fuh guidance...cuz it have plenty people that say dey want dis after such and such a time......they get divorced and the divorce comes in a shorter period of time than the 2 people have been together in the first place..
    All this sounds good, but what if you wind up that woman that waited to "let it be" and then 10 years down the road you still waiting....

  5. #50
    Poca
    Guest
    to me the way i see it the marriage proposal is just for ritual. because f it come to a proposal both parties have already talked about the marriage issue and their future plan, goals in life and everything together. so to me a proposal doesn't have much value.
    if a man propose with to a womab without first discussing those keys issues than there is a problem. if a woman accept a proposal even if there was no discussion on the key issues, they are both playing stupid.

    anyway all that to say, i do not think anything wrong with a woman proposing. it is all about what happened before the proposal.



    Quote Originally Posted by G.T.socalova
    One ting I wouldn't do is force a man to marry me... how would I feel actually gettin married to a person I had to complain and nag to marry me, it just wouldn't feel right. Us women need not only to listen to what our men are tellin us but also observe their actions. A man usually knows what he wants and if he en mekin a move in a paticular direction is cuz he doesn't really want to.

    One question, how many of you feel it's okay for a woman to propose?

  6. #51
    ah like chupidness limintrinibwoy's Avatar limintrinibwoy is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In meh skin
    Posts
    16,220
    Credits
    3,976,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinababy
    This ^^ is all well and good, but what kills me is when people want to play the role, but don't wanna take the leap. If a couple living together, cooking together, paying bills together etc. i don't see what the hestitation is all about. Grown ups shouldn't be playing house..yuh either shit or get off the pot.

    Not me and living with the girl before i get married let we have we space until we sure dat it is goin in the right direction...for me after marriage that would be one of the factors of sealing the deal with that woman...

  7. #52
    Registered User Rinababy's Avatar Rinababy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    10,776
    Credits
    1,115,624
    Quote Originally Posted by nygee
    The eonomy has forced and willll continue to force marraiges/relationships of convenience. Especially for those who want to live a particular lifestyle and cant afford it. People just nee to keep it real and call it as it is. Convenience
    Oh please
    if you wanna shack up with a woman so you can have a nice car then you deserve to get yuh ear nagged right off, and if a woman wanna shack up wid a man so she can buy yet another pair of shoes she won't wear, then she deserve to have a man who only keeping she until someone with a bigger ass or bigger tits comes along. The economy hasn't forced shit..its people's desire to have more "things" and their fear of being alone that leads to people playing house. If u a man and don't wanna marry the chick, be a MAN, live on yuh own, pay yuh own bills and be honest about it.

  8. #53
    Poca
    Guest
    but what about people WHO DO NOT WANT TO GET MARRIED....
    i think it is the most important thing... say what you want and what you looking for, it it doesn't fit with what you getting than go find someone better. if you've been told your ideals don;t match and you still stick in hope things will change than don't come and complain.

  9. #54
    ah like chupidness limintrinibwoy's Avatar limintrinibwoy is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In meh skin
    Posts
    16,220
    Credits
    3,976,977
    Quote Originally Posted by shortsweetness
    All this sounds good, but what if you wind up that woman that waited to "let it be" and then 10 years down the road you still waiting....
    well u can quesition the position that you'll are in.....nothin against that at all...at all times if the relationship is serious there should always be dialogue as to where each party would like to be and a plan.....now if things are going well i dont see anyting wrong with questioning where the relationship is in relation to ur plan...however being extreme and dropping the whole deal and relationship becaue the man hasn't made a move yet on marriage i think is a bad move...i would hope that conversation would have taken place within those 10 years and that both parties are accepting of that agreement...if not that it should be known to both parties...and take it from there...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •