Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats d appropriate wait time for marriage when dating seriously? I say two years...

Credits

Whats d appropriate wait time for marriage when dating seriously? I say two years...

What's your opinion?

Credits
    That's what I think too. But then again not everybody falls in love at the same rate. I always used to think that I don't be with nobody for as long as 6 years or sumting like dat cuz das bad luck. Everybody I hear bout who just been dating dat long and een get marry yet only is end up gettin tired of each other for some reason or one of dem is be ready for the next level and de odda still laggin behind and ting.

Credits
    I agree it all depends on the couple. I always said I would like to be with the person for at least a year, then live with them before hand. If we haven't killed each after that then marriage is appropriate at anytime afterwards

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by socadahlin
    That's what I think too. But then again not everybody falls in love at the same rate. I always used to think that I don't be with nobody for as long as 6 years or sumting like dat cuz das bad luck. Everybody I hear bout who just been dating dat long and een get marry yet only is end up gettin tired of each other for some reason or one of dem is be ready for the next level and de odda still laggin behind and ting.

I couldn't even see myself waiting no diggin 6 years for a man to marry meh. What really would he be waiting for after the 3rd year? A revelation???? I agreee about the time it takes to fall in love, but gosh nah, see how quick people does jump in de bed???

Poca
    i would have to say at least 3-4 yrs.

Credits
    I would like to say 2 to 3 yrs, but hell i get bored by 6months, so i guess ill never know

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by WadadliEmpress
    I would like to say 2 to 3 yrs, but hell i get bored by 6months, so i guess ill never know
    Ah see yuh get ya high speed intenet ting going, so yuh terrorizing de place.....

Credits
    As someone who is currently in this situation lemme put in my two cents
    Been with my man off and on for 5 years. We started dating when I was 18 (stop calculating). So, when we finally graduated from college, we had to get used to our adult selves. We talked a couple of times about moving in together. We talked briefly about us building a life together and getting married. Now, we both got in to law school. However my law school is going to be here in NY, his Wisconsin. Unfortunately (long story WAY short) we are going to have to break up
    After all that time, I now say I would never be in a relationship that long without a ring. Because of our young age, it was appropriate that we did not get married, but now that I am older, I know I not doing that again....
    So to answer you question, depends on age, but I feel a man would know if he wants to be with you forever (or not) after 2 years. After that, if there is not moves to make this deal forever, I'm out. Long term relationships without a ring cause A LOT of pain

Credits
    theres no time limit for marriage....if u have one its going to cause problems....it should just happen when it happens with whom it should happen with..

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by shortsweetness
    As someone who is currently in this situation lemme put in my two cents
    Been with my man off and on for 5 years. We started dating when I was 18 (stop calculating). So, when we finally graduated from college, we had to get used to our adult selves. We talked a couple of times about moving in together. We talked briefly about us building a life together and getting married. Now, we both got in to law school. However my law school is going to be here in NY, his Wisconsin. Unfortunately (long story WAY short) we are going to have to break up
    After all that time, I now say I would never be in a relationship that long without a ring. Because of our young age, it was appropriate that we did not get married, but now that I am older, I know I not doing that again....
    So to answer you question, depends on age, but I feel a man would know if he wants to be with you forever (or not) after 2 years. After that, if there is not moves to make this deal forever, I'm out. Long term relationships without a ring cause A LOT of pain

I definately agree with dat. I tink 2 years is long enough. I know approaching my two year mark and my man done know the rule, so I just questioning if I am being fair. He love meh and is a GREAT man, but I feel if yuh really serious, you would at least get the promise of marriage on meh finger, yuh dig!!! I'm gonna hate to elt him go, but I don't have time to waste while you figure out yuh life cuz ah done figure out mine.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by intense
    theres no time limit for marriage....if u have one its going to cause problems....it should just happen when it happens with whom it should happen with..
    Well even if yuh doan want to put a time limit, I wouldn't advise anyone waiting 10 years, still being fed wid a promise. Its best yuh just admit yuh doan want to do it by dat time!!!

Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by intense
    ding ding ding, right answer.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Persia
    I definately agree with dat. I tink 2 years is long enough. I know approaching my two year mark and my man done know the rule, so I just questioning if I am being fair. He love meh and is a GREAT man, but I feel if yuh really serious, you would at least get the promise of marriage on meh finger, yuh dig!!! I'm gonna hate to elt him go, but I don't have time to waste while you figure out yuh life cuz ah done figure out mine.
    Now you can't stick firmly to a date if the boy is showing that he is making moves. Is he making moves to build a life with you? Are you living together? How long, if so? How long ago did he first tell you that he love you? All that needs to be taken into consideration before 730 days after your first date, you cut it off

Have you talked about it? Does he say he ain't sure? If so, only you wouold know if he would ever be sure

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by nygee
    ding ding ding, right answer.
    But we know PLENTY of relationships where the people have been together several (dozens of) years, without marriage (or at least I know of many).A woman can't say after 10 years of a relationship, "it doesn't matter how many years we are together.... if he wants to marry me he will decided when the time is right"
    HUH? When will the time ever be right?

m
    Credits
    What takes so long?

And why sleep with the person so quickly?

Maybe folks have things reversed.

No?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast