Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: what are you folks up to???

Credits

what are you folks up to???

i just came back from getting a bite to eat at Peaches.. stuffed to the gills.. till you ready to hurl.. and them drinks were strong.. sooo
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    is that a soul food spot in bed stuy????

i am in bed stuy and i think someone was telling me about it

how was it? where is it exactly? what is the vibe?

around here has so many cute little spots popping up.....i swear i like the fact that whiteys is moving into my hood, cause it's getting more chic on the black tip because of the whiteys....i went to a wine bar not to far from me....i'm like a wine bar....in the hood????? and it looked black owned
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    yea... it was a soul food spot in Bed Stuy.. on Lewis ave.. 393 lewis to be precise.. they own like two or three other places right next to each other... nice vibe.. had a nice mixed crowd in there, more black folks to me but everybody was in there and didnt seem bothered to come in there.. saw single white moms eating with their kids.. interracial couples, black girlfriend groups, black couples, white couples, adults and their parents.. older people.. nice mix.. .. actually i think the wine bar might be down the street from it..

here is some of the food..

this is some kinda pasta business...

get the drink called Brownstone Punch.. was good.. i got there at 6 sumn.. left and was home by 10.30 and all now my head still spinning like a jewish dreidel.. lol

let us just say that place to me kina captured the essence of bed stuy.. the vibe was just that funky conscious type artistic vibe..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Wat di ass
    "If you can blame yourself, the fix is pretty easy"

Credits
    damn...i wonder if they deliver...that food look GOOD.....is that creamed spinach next to the mac and cheese?

yea, the place i went to was called Therapy Wine Bar...364 Lewis Ave...had a neo soul vibe to it...i only saw black people...and just like you said
    funky conscious type artistic vibe..
    but i went to a place called Saraghina too...that had a very mixed crowd, just liked you said...that was on the next block..on Halsey St....Brooklyn is becoming the shit...you don't have to leave to get a nice vibe....i rarely go to manhattan and i rarely travel south of eastern pkwy...anything south of eastern pkwy is garbage....lol...i think that is why most people have such a bad opinion of brooklyn because they don't know whats popping north of eastern pkwy...whole different world
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Credits
    you ever been to Vodou Bar on Halsey and Nostrand?

Credits
    i think i went there once.. wasnt bad.. went after work.. and yea i spend most of my time in forte greene , park slope etc.. checking out the different places... Mo's .lol. dont go there unless you want dudes to be pulling out them ole school lines on you constantly lol.. it's got that black club vibes but be aware that asian and whitey goin to be in ther as well .. but is all good..

i know you can order the food at Peaches and then go pick it up if i'm not mistaken.. if i do go to the city, i like them joints around MacDougal st where people do what the hell they want lol.. Cafe Wha, Blue Smoke, all them random lil wine bars, restaurants etc..

yea the food at peaches taste good. i tell you my stomach is so full i am afraid to drink even water cos i will def hurl.. lol.. and yep that's creamed spinach.. was good too.. it was all good.. the only thing i wasnt feeling too tuff was the rice pudding.. but i feel is cos i know how to make a bomb rice pudding, direct from norway so anything else is rice wid milk to me yes lol.. and it had ginger in it which i am not a fan of

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    i think i went there once.. wasnt bad.. went after work.. and yea i spend most of my time in forte greene , park slope etc.. checking out the different places... Mo's .lol. dont go there unless you want dudes to be pulling out them ole school lines on you constantly lol.. it's got that black club vibes but be aware that asian and whitey goin to be in ther as well .. but is all good..

i know you can order the food at Peaches and then go pick it up if i'm not mistaken.. if i do go to the city, i like them joints around MacDougal st where people do what the hell they want lol.. Cafe Wha, Blue Smoke, all them random lil wine bars, restaurants etc..

yea the food at peaches taste good. i tell you my stomach is so full i am afraid to drink even water cos i will def hurl.. lol.. and yep that's creamed spinach.. was good too.. it was all good.. the only thing i wasnt feeling too tuff was the rice pudding.. but i feel is cos i know how to make a bomb rice pudding, direct from norway so anything else is rice wid milk to me yes lol.. and it had ginger in it which i am not a fan of
    i like Mo's...especially during their happy hour 3-7pm...i get DRUNK...but you right, the dudes will run the old school lines on you...i LOVE their karaoke on tuesdays nights....fun as hell....and they have the sexiest Bahamian bar back...as long as you are at Mo's EARLY...you good...friday nights...it gets too crowded to breathe

i love me some creamed spinach...i am getting hungry

Credits

haha i like Mo's...cool vibe....i had not been in there for a minute....when i first went there like 3/4 years ago was it Mo's? seemed like that back area was reeeeel kinda psychadelic type ting but look lil different now....

Credits
    yep.. friday nights my friends dragged me in there.. different ones.. dude friends and chick friends and i felt like i was under attack.. i couldnt breathe, getting a drink took too long, i felt like i wanted to screaaaaaaaaam lol.. i eventually said eff it and walked around the corner to mullanes and their food is always good, service is fast, drinks are good.. i dont want to be screaing at my friends to talk lol....

oddly enough weirdest thing half way through the Brownstone Punch at Peaches, i got a lil faded and i felt like i couldnt hear my friends or maybe it was that i could hear them and just stopped giving a fck what they said .. and seemed like everybody else around me who drank that drink was wilding out as well LOL.. people were laughing like thier jokes were the sweeeeeetest thing out LOL.. it was bizarre lol.. and it was strange, my friend brought her coworker and the coworker bestie .. and i kid you not, that chick (coworker) jsut kept calling my name all night long.. to myself i was like wha de jail is dis.. why is this girl calling out my name so??? before she said anything she called my name, while she was talking she kept calling my name, like she cudnt lose a min of my attention.. (which was pointless cos half way through the drink i was lost to them all lol) everybody would be talking and i would be saying nothing.. but she would keep trying to get my attention.. it was a lil scary LOL.. i felt weird as it was like she was trying to impress me all night long.. that kinda behaviour from females always weirds me out..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by limintrinibwoy View Post
    haha i like Mo's...cool vibe....i had not been in there for a minute....when i first went there like 3/4 years ago was it Mo's? seemed like that back area was reeeeel kinda psychadelic type ting but look lil different now....

it was MOE'S 3 or 4 years ago, they just got rid of the E....LOL

looks pretty much the same to me....that's the back

here's the front

Credits
    that back area still ahve all kinda crazy shyt going on there lol.. i went to a restaurant around there called Pequena.. perfec name cos u cud stretch out your hands and touch all four walls at the same time LOL. summer time i walk up and down in the that area.. i dont find night of the cookers is all that.. it is WAY too loud.. i feel like i am bout to bust out a tonsil in there.. i ended up in Frankies Cantina i think once.. BARE ole people .. omg. NEVER again lol.. it was like being in a time warp to the 80s..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    at moe's .. i always sit opp the bar or on them benches near the door.. is too much drama up in the back.. niccas be extra thirsty iin there.. i once had a man about a month ago, singing in my ear, leaning in mad close like my security detail.. i had to ask him to back up off me... then he crooned out another line of some song my moms probably listened to in her youth and kissed my hand.. uggh lol

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    it was MOE'S 3 or 4 years ago, they just got rid of the E....LOL

looks pretty much the same to me....that's the back

here's the front

o ok....first time i went 3/4 years ago i was in the back and they was playin some ol crazy videos or someting me eh kno...maybe i was too drunk but recently when i was there it was cool....cept d air conditioner on d wall was only raining down on ppl backside lol

Credits
    at moe's .. i always sit opp the bar or on them benches near the door.. is too much drama up in the back.. niccas be extra thirsty iin there.. i once had a man about a month ago, singing in my ear, leaning in mad close like my security detail.. i had to ask him to back up off me... then he crooned out another line of some song my moms probably listened to in her youth and kissed my hand.. uggh lol
    well if you go on a friday night then yea....in the front is the best place to be....but if you are there during the day when it's emptier, i prefer to be in the back.....go during happy hour, much better vibe...or check out karaoke on a tuesday night...takes place in the back

i usually go to the back during happy hour...sit in the corner, where those cushions are...with my drinks, whip out my notebook and just write....their food is pretty decent too

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast