Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: what will it take for Black people to become united in the U.S?

Credits

what will it take for Black people to become united in the U.S?

i was reading a post from Lucianite, about how women's and gays issues are being addressed in the U.S. but not Black issues...i think the reason for that has to do with us not having a united agenda, and us being so divided

what is your take on it?
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Credits
    All women have the same agenda?
    A.K.K.S. likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post

lol...is that a real question????
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Yes
    To emasculate all men yet constantly tell them to man up lol
    ~Urbane~ likes this.
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    Yes
    To emasculate all men yet constantly tell them to man up lol

lol....don't be funny...can you address my thread please, and let's not derail the thread before it even has a chance to take life

Credits
    It will take re education

Carter Woodson outlined it in " miseducation of the negro"

We will have to get to rid of classism. Classism is a big barrier to black unity. Also assimilating into white white culture turns us on each other.
    Black nationalism is also a dirty word for some of us. We can relish in nationalism be it American or Jamaican or stlucian but speak of black nationalism and you get a push back
    rayt2009, mz_JazE and Catracha305 like this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post

We will have to get to rid of classism. Classism is a big barrier to black unity. Also assimilating into white white culture turns us on each other.
    Black nationalism is also a dirty word for some of us. We can relish in nationalism be it American or Jamaican or stlucian but speak of black nationalism and you get a push back
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.

Long Live the Queen!

Credits
    different people have different ideas of what it means to be "black"... that must first be defined before there is a consensus on how to achieve black issues...
    rayt2009 likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post

i agree with this post 100%

Credits
    Time....
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

Credits
    i am going to say this as diplomatically as i possibly can...if you cannot articulate a point, and substantiate and validate it clearly so that it becomes a CREDIBLE STANCE...you need not bother reply or post, because it's as if you said NOTHING AT ALL

Credits
    i hope is not me you dey wid eh.. but.. just for argument's sake

everybody's point of outlook is not the same... the issues that would be on the forefront of a black woman may be different issues that confront a black man.. also within those two groups, they may also have further class and educational backgrounds.. the lower class, middle class, upper class black males/females, the functionally literate, literate, educated, super educated black males/females. black parents in a nuclear family, people without children, black parents in an extended family, people from broken homes etc etc... but while these particular groupings exist within every race, for black people it is how they see themselves within the larger societal grouping.. do you stand out and go against the grain to get what you want, do you assimilate to get what you want. do you believe in a martin luther type stance in life , do you believe in a malcolm x type of stance in life.. do you align yourself with other black people, do you assimilate into wider society... as a minority there are questions that need to be answered before first addressing issues as a whole... where do people see themselves within the black community if they see themselves as part of that community at all or to what degree..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    i am going to say this as diplomatically as i possibly can...if you cannot articulate a point, and substantiate and validate it clearly so that it becomes a CREDIBLE STANCE...you need not bother reply or post, because it's as if you said NOTHING AT ALL
    ok
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    i hope is not me you dey wid eh.. but.. just for argument's sake

everybody's point of outlook is not the same... the issues that would be on the forefront of a black woman may be different issues that confront a black man.. also within those two groups, they may also have further class and educational backgrounds.. the lower class, middle class, upper class black males/females, the functionally literate, literate, educated, super educated black males/females. black parents in a nuclear family, people without children, black parents in an extended family, people from broken homes etc etc... but while these particular groupings exist within every race, for black people it is how they see themselves within the larger societal grouping.. do you stand out and go against the grain to get what you want, do you assimilate to get what you want. do you believe in a martin luther type stance in life , do you believe in a malcolm x type of stance in life.. do you align yourself with other black people, do you assimilate into wider society... as a minority there are questions that need to be answered before first addressing issues as a whole... where do people see themselves within the black community if they see themselves as part of that community at all or to what degree..

ok...i get, you..you are just reiterating the problem as to why we are separated
    \
    now replace black with "jewish" and explain to me whether or not, those factors that you describe would even be an issue or not?

and if not, why are those factors issues in the black community and not the jewish one

Credits
    jewish people see themselves as a unit.. i mean they see themselves as the chosen people.. there is fracturing within their communities as in the ones who are jewish in name and heritage vs those who are what would fall under orthodox jews.. but i guess they may have been brought up to put race/group before self.... with most groups that function in this way.. there is that insulation, them against us... most upper crusts in any society function like that... them against us, we keep the status quo united by our mutual bonds.... if its the rich people in a society, they keep united based on their mutual bond- money and keeping money in the hands of those they think that need to have that money...

maybe within the black community there may be too much competition and not enough camraderie.. and that's within the community.. ... its like a family.. there are families where brother and sister can fight among each other but you'd better not touch any of them cos the others will unite to fight you.. but then there are families that will fight among each other and you can get to them individually because they will not unite against outsiders, their attitude is more like "fck my brother i dont talk to him,"... *shrug*...

various groups unite based on relatability and others distance themselves from groups they dont want to be associated with..

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast