Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 145
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: what will it take for Black people to become united in the U.S?

  1. #1
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244

    what will it take for Black people to become united in the U.S?

    i was reading a post from Lucianite, about how women's and gays issues are being addressed in the U.S. but not Black issues...i think the reason for that has to do with us not having a united agenda, and us being so divided


    what is your take on it?
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  2. #2
    Registered User Inquistive is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21,529
    Credits
    3,861,086
    All women have the same agenda?
    A.K.K.S. likes this.

  3. #3
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    All women have the same agenda?

    lol...is that a real question????
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  4. #4
    Who feels it knows it! Georgeflash's Avatar Georgeflash is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    outside
    Posts
    9,316
    Credits
    33,373,943
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    All women have the same agenda?
    Yes
    To emasculate all men yet constantly tell them to man up lol
    ~Urbane~ likes this.
    Say no to drugs.
    Smoke weed.

  5. #5
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgeflash View Post
    Yes
    To emasculate all men yet constantly tell them to man up lol

    lol....don't be funny...can you address my thread please, and let's not derail the thread before it even has a chance to take life
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  6. #6
    Registered User Lucianite is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,579
    Credits
    82,398,092
    It will take re education

    Carter Woodson outlined it in " miseducation of the negro"

    We will have to get to rid of classism. Classism is a big barrier to black unity. Also assimilating into white white culture turns us on each other.
    Black nationalism is also a dirty word for some of us. We can relish in nationalism be it American or Jamaican or stlucian but speak of black nationalism and you get a push back
    rayt2009, mz_JazE and Catracha305 like this.

  7. #7
    Girl Crush Mrs. Campbell's Avatar Mrs. Campbell is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Here...
    Posts
    28,678
    Credits
    331,752,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    It will take re education

    Carter Woodson outlined it in " miseducation of the negro"

    We will have to get to rid of classism. Classism is a big barrier to black unity. Also assimilating into white white culture turns us on each other.
    Black nationalism is also a dirty word for some of us. We can relish in nationalism be it American or Jamaican or stlucian but speak of black nationalism and you get a push back
    Our Queen went to sleep, her people left to weep....in song she lives on.



    Long Live the Queen!

  8. #8
    Notchilous ladyrastafari's Avatar ladyrastafari is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maison de L'Amitie, Palm Beach
    Posts
    46,039
    Credits
    181,803,372
    different people have different ideas of what it means to be "black"... that must first be defined before there is a consensus on how to achieve black issues...
    rayt2009 likes this.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

    Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

    mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

  9. #9
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    It will take re education

    Carter Woodson outlined it in " miseducation of the negro"

    We will have to get to rid of classism. Classism is a big barrier to black unity. Also assimilating into white white culture turns us on each other.
    Black nationalism is also a dirty word for some of us. We can relish in nationalism be it American or Jamaican or stlucian but speak of black nationalism and you get a push back

    i agree with this post 100%
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  10. #10
    ........... ~Urbane~'s Avatar ~Urbane~ is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flatbush
    Posts
    12,107
    Credits
    3,758,406
    Time....
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

  11. #11
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    i am going to say this as diplomatically as i possibly can...if you cannot articulate a point, and substantiate and validate it clearly so that it becomes a CREDIBLE STANCE...you need not bother reply or post, because it's as if you said NOTHING AT ALL
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  12. #12
    Notchilous ladyrastafari's Avatar ladyrastafari is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maison de L'Amitie, Palm Beach
    Posts
    46,039
    Credits
    181,803,372
    i hope is not me you dey wid eh.. but.. just for argument's sake

    everybody's point of outlook is not the same... the issues that would be on the forefront of a black woman may be different issues that confront a black man.. also within those two groups, they may also have further class and educational backgrounds.. the lower class, middle class, upper class black males/females, the functionally literate, literate, educated, super educated black males/females. black parents in a nuclear family, people without children, black parents in an extended family, people from broken homes etc etc... but while these particular groupings exist within every race, for black people it is how they see themselves within the larger societal grouping.. do you stand out and go against the grain to get what you want, do you assimilate to get what you want. do you believe in a martin luther type stance in life , do you believe in a malcolm x type of stance in life.. do you align yourself with other black people, do you assimilate into wider society... as a minority there are questions that need to be answered before first addressing issues as a whole... where do people see themselves within the black community if they see themselves as part of that community at all or to what degree..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

    Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

    mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

  13. #13
    ........... ~Urbane~'s Avatar ~Urbane~ is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flatbush
    Posts
    12,107
    Credits
    3,758,406
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    i am going to say this as diplomatically as i possibly can...if you cannot articulate a point, and substantiate and validate it clearly so that it becomes a CREDIBLE STANCE...you need not bother reply or post, because it's as if you said NOTHING AT ALL
    ok
    “I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure–which is:
    Try to please everybody” Herbert Bayard Swope

  14. #14
    Warrior Queen NikkiGiovanni's Avatar NikkiGiovanni is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    17,826
    Credits
    78,441,244
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    i hope is not me you dey wid eh.. but.. just for argument's sake

    everybody's point of outlook is not the same... the issues that would be on the forefront of a black woman may be different issues that confront a black man.. also within those two groups, they may also have further class and educational backgrounds.. the lower class, middle class, upper class black males/females, the functionally literate, literate, educated, super educated black males/females. black parents in a nuclear family, people without children, black parents in an extended family, people from broken homes etc etc... but while these particular groupings exist within every race, for black people it is how they see themselves within the larger societal grouping.. do you stand out and go against the grain to get what you want, do you assimilate to get what you want. do you believe in a martin luther type stance in life , do you believe in a malcolm x type of stance in life.. do you align yourself with other black people, do you assimilate into wider society... as a minority there are questions that need to be answered before first addressing issues as a whole... where do people see themselves within the black community if they see themselves as part of that community at all or to what degree..

    ok...i get, you..you are just reiterating the problem as to why we are separated
    \
    now replace black with "jewish" and explain to me whether or not, those factors that you describe would even be an issue or not?

    and if not, why are those factors issues in the black community and not the jewish one
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

    you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

    you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

    weak men only can deal with weaker women

    in the presence of strength you diminish...

  15. #15
    Notchilous ladyrastafari's Avatar ladyrastafari is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maison de L'Amitie, Palm Beach
    Posts
    46,039
    Credits
    181,803,372
    jewish people see themselves as a unit.. i mean they see themselves as the chosen people.. there is fracturing within their communities as in the ones who are jewish in name and heritage vs those who are what would fall under orthodox jews.. but i guess they may have been brought up to put race/group before self.... with most groups that function in this way.. there is that insulation, them against us... most upper crusts in any society function like that... them against us, we keep the status quo united by our mutual bonds.... if its the rich people in a society, they keep united based on their mutual bond- money and keeping money in the hands of those they think that need to have that money...

    maybe within the black community there may be too much competition and not enough camraderie.. and that's within the community.. ... its like a family.. there are families where brother and sister can fight among each other but you'd better not touch any of them cos the others will unite to fight you.. but then there are families that will fight among each other and you can get to them individually because they will not unite against outsiders, their attitude is more like "fck my brother i dont talk to him,"... *shrug*...

    various groups unite based on relatability and others distance themselves from groups they dont want to be associated with..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

    Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

    mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •