Thread: What West Indian

Credits

What West Indian

thing have you tried to buy in a non-West Indian area?

The corned beef question reminds me of when we tried to buy it in our (then) lily white neighborhood in Atlanta. They had no idea what we were talking about. When we explained, they told us that they could give us SPAM!

But even funnier than that was when my granny tried to get blue and asafoetida. I tell her dat dem not gwine have it and she seh mek she try cah it sell ah New York. I can still remember the Chinese man asking her "Blue WHAT?!!?"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post

The corned beef question reminds me of when we tried to buy it in our (then) lily white neighborhood in Atlanta. They had no idea what we were talking about. When we explained, they told us that they could give us SPAM!

But even funnier than that was when my granny tried to get blue and asafoetida. I tell her dat dem not gwine have it and she seh mek she try cah it sell ah New York. I can still remember the Chinese man asking her "Blue WHAT?!!?"

omfg my grandmother and that asafoetida too. she tried to get it in a chinese shop too but i didn't go w. her so i didn't see what happened.
    Whether there is a moral component to being less clothed than an European, I'm not getting into because that's a personal thing.
    Carnival: carne valle: farewell flesh means it is time to be myself in all my godly glory. I am a man created in God's image, making me beautiful. We get half naked in the bright sun, soak up some vitamin D and jump to a rythm because as human beings, rythms entrance us; they harken to our mothers' rhythmic heartbeat in the womb. Its a natural, healthy experience.

Credits
    Well my brother not me, when my brother first came to visit and we took him out to eat when deh ask him what would you like to drink he told them mauby the flicking woman look at him like wtf is that shit, ah had to tell him deh doh sell dem ting. I dunno if he was joking or what but I laugh my ass off.
    Man ah Barbeerian bound tuh be by de bar beer in meh hand beastly cold.

Credits
    my granmummy had come dung 2years ago, n went tuh a dennys...she ent even look at deh menu, jus said " bwoy, how does allyuh yankee cook yuh bake n double?" i spit my coke n die wit laugh
    "If you can blame yourself, the fix is pretty easy"

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sagga bwoy305mia View Post
    my granmummy had come dung 2years ago, n went tuh a dennys...she ent even look at deh menu, jus said " bwoy, how does allyuh yankee cook yuh bake n double?" i spit my coke n die wit laugh

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sagga bwoy305mia View Post

omg! granny to sweet!!

Registered User blackamericanprincss's Avatar blackamericanprincss is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post

Is your corned beef different from American corned beef?