Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What A Weekend!!!

Credits

What A Weekend!!!

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-28-02 AT 11:03 AM (EST)]Where do I begin? Sesame Flyers fete was real nice. Soca was flowing really sweet. The back in times session was wicked.

Soca Junkies Boatride, all I want to know is how in the hell that ride finish so fast, and what kind of madness was that going on there in the end. I had so much fun and so much liquor, that Glow never see me yet.

Brass & Glow, Ram is an understatement. For the most part I stayed out the crowd this time, I just had a pedicure and I wasn't able to get my foot mash up in my pretty sandals. I have some pictures to add to Stryka's so all who did not make it should be able to see soon. I had a really nice time though. Machel mash up as expected, and Byron Lee was not 1/2 bad. Say what you want, the fete was missing Xtatik, or at least I was. Other than that, Invasion did a good job, and Iwer and KMC were entertaining. That was my first time seeing Tallpree and Alison perform together since Trinidad, and the Winerboy with Denise Belfon was real kicks.

Well shoutouts to the IMIX family, allyuh was real deep this weekend...Stryka, Bandit, trinyspice, Junkyard, sando, brownskintrini, blackie, cornell, socaq, natty, Dragon, Trini Boom, Back 2 Basics, Socaboy, lordsalt, socababy, Chyna Doll, Uptown, trinitat, gingeralwayz, classyivy, sokah, topclass, SSS, djnferno, Midnight Robber, DJ Spice, Chosen, Young Chow, and to all the many many islandmix peepers...if I'm forgetting anyone please forgive me.

Special shoutouts to Tallpree, Rupee, Roger George & Machel Montano. Also to Caribwaves.com.

Credits

RE: What A Weekend!!!

I know what a weekend it was. Tell me something thought,what was that
    women doing there in her wedding dress.

One Love.

P.S.Check your Inbox.
    American By Birth, Guyanese By Blood!!

Credits

hehehhe- i was wondering the same ting!

Credits

yeah 'what a weekend' is the word...or words. glad every1 had a good time and hopefully by now reached their destinations safe. was cool putting names 2 faces. nice meetin trintat, blackee, San St., islefntsy (thx again 4 tic), amprincess, and a bunch of otha mixers i 4get i met, along wit a host of others i knew b4hand and now afterhand.

salt

Credits

Guys,I had a great weekend ,Ilandfntsy it was a pleasure meeting you and some of the IMIX family ,brownskintrini ,cornell,nattyone ,strkya and D'Bandit . Nattyone , sorry I did not get the tickets for Glow Boatride for you , I will definitely have one for the RUN boatride .Blackie, big up to the 600 posse ,Dragon yuh large and in charge . Peace , Love and Unity to all .

blackie

What a weekend it was indeed i really had fun everywhere,now for the big ups.
    Ilandfntsy,Brownskin,Cornell,Nattyone,Socaq,SSS,Sando,Junkya rd,Trinyspice,Dragon,MR STRYKA,Uptown,M.DIVA,Trinitat,Montreal lady,Amprincess.
    New weekend coming ,whats next ??????

Credits

dat boatride was sick, i had real fun...i hear junkies was nice too...glad everyone had fun wherever they were.

Credits

i had fun from the minute i got to nyc until last night. i got back this morning and got to work after 1pm (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh).

friday
    afrika house was nice, the back in times session was indeed excellent. trinitat and i got there early and we were like "where the people at?" next ting, de place was packed. we were getting kicks off of mr "furberry" (oh laad!). we limed with salt and socaboy...salt, whey yuh get dat waist...yuh tryin tuh kill an ole gyal ohwha'?! nice meeting, for the first time, amprincess (this girl is not easy!) and wukkinup...and nice seeing the regular imix posse.

saturday
    glow boatride was nice, but ah cyah take de "no alcohol" sh*t. big-up to stryka, d'bandit, and ricardo (b2b) who were most present. as for glow, it was alright, no real vibes. ah tyad ah krosfyah...atlantik sounded like sh*t (krosfyah was better), and square 1 didn't get to perform because of time. bunji made an announcement that ronnie mac was not present because his wife was in the hospital with his unborn child. the dr's said the child may not make it. so sad. my prayers to ronnie's family, hope everything works out for the best.

sunday
    brass and glow was the BEST!!! i had real fun! although the crowd was THICK! nice meeting mellenium diva and nice seeing midnight robber . thanks dragon for the ticket and for helping me. amprincess and i had an "experience" by dem stink latrines outside! oooohhhhggggeeeedddd!!!!!!! not me nah, let's just say i stopped drinking one-time and held in my pee :) byron lee sounded good, de ole time "butterfly" was nice! roger george and "turn me on" gave me goosebumps! invasion needs a little more practice, allyuh hear when iwer buff dem up?! machel tore it up, and i was so happy to see him and roger on the stage again! iwer and kmc were alright, reminded me of trinidad...but what's with the obsession with each others "toetees"?! :) denise mashed up like usual (big up to her sisters, who i was liming with all night...miss "bake & things! )

allyuh look out for nikko d (remember he played the sax for xtatik in the days?), who should be coming out with some stuff in the near future...let my managing skills begin! lol!

Credits

I swear, I thought I imagined that lady until my sister & brownskin said they saw her too!!! Why was she in a wedding dress???????

Credits

de woman had on a veil too...pressha...she must have thought there was a prize for the best white outfit/costume! ah feel she's de same lady who had on de big peacock hat only blocking people at hatters...she not easy nah! lol! :)

Credits

Anyone know who was playing de back in times at Sesame b/c that was de most wicked session for de night. Maybe imix should contract with that DJ for our lime. ;-)

Credits

That session was pressure for real!!! When I hear them say JumpStart, Push Start, Start back rollin, I thought I would go mad!!!

Credits

Thanx for the support. Hope to see you friday!!!

Credits

Yeah that was a session to make de older folks proud..:)

Credits

It was DJ. Spice ...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast